LineageOS (as well as CM did until December 2016) still maintains the cm11.0 / 4.4.4 sources to keep pace with 'The Android Security Bulletin' (ASB).
Patches for CVE security issues are released at least once a month to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) repository, even for Android 4.4.4.
Despite of implementing these security patches by the LineageOS team to its own repository https://github.com/LineageOS, LineageOS does not provide cm11 builds anymore.
Since I personally like 4.4.4. more than later versions, I build it myself unofficially and would like to share it.
The build is made from LineageOS "Branch: cm-11.0" PLUS ASB security patches, even if they are not yet approved by LineageOS.
The main goal of this ROM is to provide up to date builds in terms of ASB security patches, not development.
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! */
- download the zip
- install a compatible recovery (TWRP 3.1.0, cwm 188.8.131.52 are ok)
- perform a recovery backup of your current ROM
- flash ROM
- wipe data & cache partitions of your device
- optional: install the Google Apps addon package
<< latest 2017/10/18 ASB2017-10-01 + WPA2 KRACK Fix >>
- LineageOS per 2017-10-14 status merged at LineageOS
- ASB security patches 2017-10-01 status open at LineageOS
- WPA KRACK fix for the issue: https://www.xda-developers.com/wpa2-...ability-krack/
xposed not supported - a fix is provided by Lenny Bard, see instructions at post here.
Be aware, this fix will revert/break some security patches.
xpduyson - ASB patches
Tim Schumacher - ASB patches + KRACK patches