More
Might have to revive my Galaxy S2 for this. Awesome work @rINanDO

24th September 2017, 09:56 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,137

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoMonochrome

To fix the display colors inverted, you need to apply patch . You might also want to bring a legacy audiopolicy back: https://github.com/UltimateROM/andro...ommits/cm-15.0 .
In my case audio is working now on Galaxy Ace 2.
Btw, any ideas on how to bring up RIL to work? I've started to work on frameworks/opt/telephony, but I've a kind a feeling I'm working not in a right direction as I can't seem to find a similar works for this repository. Just wondering how some devices' RIL works without using a custom RIL class.

Thanks, I found the patch for the colors. I will apply and test the patch. I'm currently not working on audio, but I will take a look. About RIL I currently have no idea.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rINanDO For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rINanDO Ad-Free
28th September 2017, 09:36 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Hi @rINanDO,
It is nice to know that you are on the way of building Oreo (LineageOS 15) for Samsung SII.
It is always exciting to have latest OS on Samsung SII.
Thanks for your efforts.
After some trials I was be able to boot LineageOS 15 in my phone, as you mentioned in opening post it only boots for now but we sure that the rest will come soon.
What I first noticed is partition sizes. Although I have customized and an enough pit for LineageOS 14, it became insufficient for LineageOS 15 with opengapps-nano or over.
My pit was enough for pico so I used opengapps-pico.
Of course which opengapps version you will have is not a primarly concern for now since the many features of ROM is not working right now.
However, those who want to use Oreo must consider re-pit their device to don't have difficulties later on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	andro8.jpg
Views:	1442
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	4285759  
The Following User Says Thank You to darkRd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift darkRd Ad-Free
28th September 2017, 09:39 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
--
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	andro8.jpg
Views:	908
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	4285761  
28th September 2017, 11:05 PM |#25  
Flag Sélestat
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkRd

Hi @rINanDO,
It is nice to know that you are on the way of building Oreo (LineageOS 15) for Samsung SII.
It is always exciting to have latest OS on Samsung SII.
Thanks for your efforts.
After some trials I was be able to boot LineageOS 15 in my phone, as you mentioned in opening post it only boots for now but we sure that the rest will come soon.
What I first noticed is partition sizes. Although I have customized and an enough pit for LineageOS 14, it became insufficient for LineageOS 15 with opengapps-nano or over.
My pit was enough for pico so I used opengapps-pico.
Of course which opengapps version you will have is not a primarly concern for now since the many features of ROM is not working right now.
However, those who want to use Oreo must consider re-pit their device to don't have difficulties later on.

HI there even with your defaulty pitted SII have you tried
A-GApps from @dracov76? It's a really minimal install that may be handled with few mem

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-48mb-t3678509
The Following User Says Thank You to Oxydeme For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oxydeme Ad-Free
29th September 2017, 07:54 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxydeme

HI there even with your defaulty pitted SII have you tried
A-GApps from @dracov76? It's a really minimal install that may be handled with few mem

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-48mb-t3678509

Great Oxydeme...
I've install A-Gapps by dracov76 and the stability is better!!!
Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following User Says Thank You to Alienfly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alienfly Ad-Free
29th September 2017, 06:07 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 1,188

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienfly

Great Oxydeme...
I've install A-Gapps by dracov76 and the stability is better!!!
Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

I am happy to
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dracov76 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dracov76 Ad-Free
3rd October 2017, 07:08 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
News rINando??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
3rd October 2017, 09:06 PM |#29  
Flag Sélestat
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienfly

News rINando??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Nevers ask for ETA
Cordially
3rd October 2017, 09:20 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,137

More
It has been a while but I got some news. I managed to get Bluetooth working. WiFi is starting but not connecting or discovering anything. The colours are fixed, but I was using a hack to get the old gralloc1on0adapter working so we have a bootable ROM. But we must use hidl to be inline with oreo. So I'm still working to get the display working the right way and hope it will resolve some stability issues. Its quite tough to under stand new concepts without knowledge how this were in N and its history. Stay tuned!
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to rINanDO For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rINanDO Ad-Free
4th October 2017, 01:15 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can't installing any gapps??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)