By rINanDO, Senior Member on 17th September 2017, 08:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd February 2019, 02:00 PM |#851  
The Internet
Thanks Meter: 774

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriboDoP

on your way from stock to lineage you flashed a isorec-kernel and a isorec-recovery without taking notice of it.

Thanks for this little bit of history I vaguely knew about this but not in such detail. But effectively this is what I initially meant: if you update the recovery to a more recent one (as you suggested), then there is no need to worry about the kernel. It will all be isorec.

22nd February 2019, 02:38 PM |#852  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrad

Thanks for this little bit of history I vaguely knew about this but not in such detail. But effectively this is what I initially meant: if you update the recovery to a more recent one (as you suggested), then there is no need to worry about the kernel. It will all be isorec.

Hi xrad!
Not quite. Updating the recovery will not update the kernel (because kernel and recovery are isolated)
A non-isorec kernel will stay non-isorec. As said before: being on a very old rom with non isorec kernel means: when flashing twrp 3 it will not show up and you will see only the recovery you had before.
Greetings!

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriboDoP

Hi xrad!
Not quite. Updating the recovery will not update the kernel (because kernel and recovery are isolated)
A non-isorec kernel will stay non-isorec. As said before: being on a very old rom with non isorec kernel means: when flashing twrp 3 it will not show up and you will see only the recovery you had before.
Greetings!

Have to add something:
If you are already on a isorec twrp this means your rom/kernel is also isorec otherwise you would not be able to enter this twrp to update it. In this case of course everything is isorec.

The Following User Says Thank You to TriboDoP For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TriboDoP Ad-Free
25th February 2019, 09:42 PM |#853  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylansmith

Hi there, I am currently on CyanogenMod 4.2.2. Can I just flash via TWRP directly to OREO 8.1 without issues? Otherwise, what do I need for a successful flash?

You will need to repartition the storage first with a minimum of 1GB system, without this the rom will only partially install, so will hang on the install. To do this you will need to download lanchon's totally amazing repit zip & then you should rename the file to suit your taste, there are examples to look at in the thread, you could also extract the boot.img from the Oreo rom, then flash, reboot recovery & go from there.
3rd March 2019, 09:59 PM |#854  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
cant boot into twrp for update
TWRP is not "working".

I followed the instructions on wiki lineageos

download mode,
using heimdall
"Recovery upload successful" ending session

after that i boot into recovery mode by pressing "button up" "power" "home"
It boots into recovery, BUT there is NO twrp. It is the standard android recovery?????

Any help?
5th March 2019, 02:42 AM |#855  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfNuke

TWRP is not "working".

I followed the instructions on wiki lineageos

download mode,
using heimdall
"Recovery upload successful" ending session

after that i boot into recovery mode by pressing "button up" "power" "home"
It boots into recovery, BUT there is NO twrp. It is the standard android recovery?????

Any help?

The wiki page is automatically generated. It does not take into account the partitions of the S2. See what my post in the twrp thread.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ripee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2019, 07:05 AM |#856  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Installed 15.1 on my old S2: good work!
The Following User Says Thank You to AlexanderDG83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlexanderDG83 Ad-Free
30th March 2019, 09:33 PM |#857  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Is there anyone knowledgeable that knows where phone/settings/calls/call barring is, I.e what apk or part of system holds the call barring menu so I can strip it down & get shot of it, and no it's not in the dialer.apk, any help appreciated, much thanks.
1st April 2019, 06:29 PM |#858  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I installed the ROM but I get an infinite loading loop during boot
1st April 2019, 10:34 PM |#859  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendering

I installed the ROM but I get an infinite loading loop during boot

Try to format /preload. This solved my bootloop couple of times after repit.
9th April 2019, 04:02 PM |#860  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,
First of all : THANKS to rINanDO ! (and those who helped him... I can't, I'm noob !)
I installed 15.1 on my SII since 2 weeks, it seems to run very well.
Just a little thing : as Opcio also said, (post #756, October 2018) I have issues when manually searching for mobile networks : when I disable "Automatically select network" it searches for a while, and then says "Error while searching for networks."
But it isn't a big problem, so far automatic search is OK... (modem XXLS9 / SFR network)
27th April 2019, 11:20 AM |#861  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)