By madmack, Senior Member on 17th May 2011, 12:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st May 2011, 11:38 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack

1.3 is up on the OP. Change log is also there. make sure you factory reset if you're coming from another rom.

Did everything as required. Still FC after 10 seconds. The browser consumes one core for it self and I have to use the Task Manager to kill it. I used the recovery console to wipe out everything on the phone. Any ideas?

21st May 2011, 11:48 AM |#22  

More
Quote:

1.3 is up on the OP. Change log is also there. make sure you factory reset if you're coming from another rom.

I used this Code *2767*3855# to do factory restore and this time went to alarabiya.net but still the browser hangs after 10 seconds and I have to kill it using the Task Manager
21st May 2011, 11:54 AM |#23  

More
Quote:

The browser now crashes even with non Arabic sites, tried engadget full site and again FC
21st May 2011, 12:28 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
thanks man really nice work ...
just one question how about busybox ? this rom is based on suprervillin which have the same problem by the way no busybox and i know you would say just go to the market ... problem is the market is not working in KSA and after tying alot of apks from Google no good result
just plain failure ... paid apps enabler quite after saying you dont have root >>>
any suggestions ?
21st May 2011, 12:30 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
i did not get a chance to play with 1.3 by the way 1.2 works great for me ... gonna try the new one soon
21st May 2011, 12:49 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 4,807

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by em4all

thanks man really nice work ...
just one question how about busybox ? this rom is based on suprervillin which have the same problem by the way no busybox and i know you would say just go to the market ... problem is the market is not working in KSA and after tying alot of apks from Google no good result
just plain failure ... paid apps enabler quite after saying you dont have root >>>
any suggestions ?

get titanium backup, then at the bottom there is a "Problems" button. Press on that and it'll install busybox for you I believe.

I'm narrowing down the cause of browser issues now. I've enabled a couple of samsung webkit optimizations that they decided to just omit in their released code. I'm also experimenting with different compilation flags.. so far I think I've found a pretty good one and I've included it in 1.3.. If you don't zoom in and out like crazy or scroll to the top and bottom like a madman, it should be fine.
21st May 2011, 02:00 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi there madmac.

Thanks for the rom. I tried it out. After 3 hours of constant usage, browser did not crash, however gmail crashed 90% of the time.

Anyone else has this issue?
21st May 2011, 02:31 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 4,807

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_hasiri

Hi there madmac.

Thanks for the rom. I tried it out. After 3 hours of constant usage, browser did not crash, however gmail crashed 90% of the time.

thanks for your feedback.

did gmail crash when displaying arabic text ? or just regularly regardless of displayed text ?
21st May 2011, 03:10 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_hasiri

Hi there madmac.

Which Arabic sites have you watched? did you try to open alarabiya.net and use it for 10 min.?
21st May 2011, 04:58 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
firmware ke7 is out, can you post a rom based on it?
21st May 2011, 05:04 PM |#31  

More
Quote:

Hi there folks,

I'm in a little hurry but just wanted to share with you the latest KE2 ROM with the arabic patch applied to it.

This ROM has the following:

1. Deodexed (based on VillainROM's deodex files. Thank you)
2. root (you'll need to install busybox from market though for Titanium Backup to work)
3. Full support for shaping in arabic texts both in Browser and out of it. This uses my latest patches with my latest webcore compilation fixes. (Browser might still have some problems after further testing)

Guide:

1. put phone in Download Mode.
2. open Odin 1.85
3. Place my file in PDA.
4. DONT CHECK ANYTHING ELSE
5. flash away.
6. factory reset

Changelog:
v1.2: May 17th 2011
Initial release
http://www.multiupload.com/GU32K5UCHM

v1.3: May 20th 2011
Added the latest compiled libwebcore.so that should hopefully minimize browser crashes. (enabled OMAP optimizations)
http://www.multiupload.com/DFE2VS0QVA

The browser in this rom should have zero crashes now.

It works 100% with skyfire. Any comments?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)