Thanks Meter: 4,808

By madmack, Senior Member on 17th May 2011, 12:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th January 2012, 01:28 AM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack

do you get a blue recovery screen or no recovery at all?

It just goes into stock recovery and says signature verification failed

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

14th January 2012, 03:59 AM |#512  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmersport

It just goes into stock recovery and says signature verification failed

ok, thanks for your feedback. everything else works correctly in terms of RTL support? no funny characters appear in text?

You'll need to load CF-Root's kernel manually. Just go to this page and download that file. unzip it and then flash using Odin putting that file in PDA after your device in download mode.

I'm guessing your device is not rooted either. I'll have to fix this I guess that's what happens when I don't personally test my releases.

if you do the steps I mentioned though, you should be all good to go: recovery should be back and you should be rooted correctly.
14th January 2012, 04:29 AM |#513  

More
Quote:

ok, thanks for your feedback. everything else works correctly in terms of RTL support? no funny characters appear in text?

You'll need to load CF-Root's kernel manually. Just go to this page and download that file. unzip it and then flash using Odin putting that file in PDA after your device in download mode.

I'm guessing your device is not rooted either. I'll have to fix this I guess that's what happens when I don't personally test my releases.

if you do the steps I mentioned though, you should be all good to go: recovery should be back and you should be rooted correctly.

Everything works perfect, the phone is rooted just the cwm disappeared. Thank you for your help and quick response I will load the cf-root kernel

18th January 2012, 07:00 AM |#514  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

Donate to Me
More
ok guys, i upped 2.5 to the OP instead for those interested. It's based on the Italian XXLA2. the menu will be in Italian initially, you'll have to make your way to the language setting to change it to English

I've heard good stuff about that one, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I see new stuff like a new lock screen.

As usual, I'm putting CF-Root's kernel, the Samsung bundled modem and this time, the csc file as well. So when you go to the Dialer and type #*1234# you'll see the three fields occupied correctly. The CSC adds some extras like the aquarium wallpaper. I actually had to apply the stock Odin flash to see what the CSC file does exactly and then modified this rom to comply

I also optimized the files as usual + battery mod + green connectivity bars.

enjoy !
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to madmack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madmack Ad-Free
18th January 2012, 08:57 AM |#515  
Flag Tunis
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:

ok guys, i upped 2.5 to the OP instead for those interested. It's based on the Italian XXLA2. the menu will be in Italian initially, you'll have to make your way to the language setting to change it to English

I've heard good stuff about that one, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I see new stuff like a new lock screen.

As usual, I'm putting CF-Root's kernel, the Samsung bundled modem and this time, the csc file as well. So when you go to the Dialer and type #*1234# you'll see the three fields occupied correctly. The CSC adds some extras like the aquarium wallpaper. I actually had to apply the stock Odin flash to see what the CSC file does exactly and then modified this rom to comply

I also optimized the files as usual + battery mod + green connectivity bars.

enjoy !

Great work, the last i hope
18th January 2012, 12:10 PM |#516  

More
Flashed the new LA2 ROM. running for a couple of hours with no issues at all. Thanks for your work. Keep it up

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
18th January 2012, 11:00 PM |#517  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

Donate to Me
More
yea I hope so too. was on ics for a while until I realized it's not really ready for daily usage yet.

this la2 base is solid here so far. will do until the official ics comes out

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to madmack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madmack Ad-Free
18th January 2012, 11:21 PM |#518  
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Madmack Please put arabic support for swype keyboard on A kk5 Rom
19th January 2012, 12:08 AM |#519  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroeagle

Madmack Please put arabic support for swype keyboard on A kk5 Rom

I'm sure if you dig around you'll find a flashable cwm file that will install the middle eastern swype version.

unfortunately i don't have much time to do that search right now but perhaps someone can.
25th January 2012, 12:27 PM |#520  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 231

Donate to Me
More
Madmack's 2.5 eMail bug
I think i found a bug in madmack's 2.5 ROM, all my IMAP and POP emails configured on 2.3 were lost in 2.5, and when i tried to recreate them i kept getting communication errors! Reverted back to my backedup nand of 2.3 for now. Cheers.
11th February 2012, 04:03 AM |#521  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Exclamation multiupload down?
some upload to a mirror..!!!
cant download anything from multiupload
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)