FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Which WIUI ROM do you use?

I'm on Stable(GB), it's good enough for me

112 Vote(s)
13.27%
I'm on Stable, but I waiting for v4 w/o compromise

167 Vote(s)
19.79%
I'm on v4(ICS), i can't live w/o new features

565 Vote(s)
66.94%

[ROM MIUI][GB|ICS][ | WIUI | ][2.9.7] - MULTiLanguage |21+| + Addons|

2,158 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,729

By Wajk, Inactive Recognized Developer on 18th November 2011, 02:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th December 2011, 06:37 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
... is it based on ICS or still gingerbread, sorry for this question just to be sure .. thank you

18th December 2011, 08:13 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by otymm

1.12.16 doesn't boot for me. stuck on the samsung logo screen for 10 minutes before I forced reboot. I wiped dalvik, cache, fixed permissions etc and still doesn't work.

reverted back to 1.12.9 now and it works again...

just flash different kernel....i usually use siya 2.1.1 and that's it.
18th December 2011, 10:32 AM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I can't boot either, mine gets stuck at the wajkiui bootanimation. Reverted back to 1.12.9, will try tomorrow again. Don't really wanna do a clean install at this point
18th December 2011, 11:48 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin_Zombie

I can't boot either, mine gets stuck at the wajkiui bootanimation. Reverted back to 1.12.9, will try tomorrow again. Don't really wanna do a clean install at this point

Whenever you stuck on boot just flash siyah 2.1 via odin and you are ready to go. This I am using always with all the MIUI roms as I am always getting stuck on boot.
18th December 2011, 01:15 PM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
What are the chances of this Rom working on My Skyrocket? There are limited rom choices for my device and I am getting desperate lol
18th December 2011, 06:30 PM |#506  
Flag Mexico city
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nizarghosn

... is it based on ICS or still gingerbread, sorry for this question just to be sure .. thank you

1.12.16 mine is based on gingerbread and I like it :S 1.12.9 ICS was so buggy.

---------------

For non boot It is because of kernel and you need to do full wipe (data,cache,dalvik) before it. It also happen on stock rom flashing.
18th December 2011, 06:56 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Thanks dude
As you said i had to wipe data to get sound settings accessible back.
Btw, is it normal for the booting process to take more than a minute compare to stock roms. Any tweaks ??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
18th December 2011, 08:45 PM |#508  

More
using 1.12.16 market freezes my entire phone frcing me to to remove battery every time.. this sucks is there anything to do about this?

tried full wipe again, updating to latest siyah kernel, wiping only dalvik and cache, i dont know what to try anymore
18th December 2011, 10:01 PM |#509  
Flag Mexico city
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss2i9100g

Thanks dude
As you said i had to wipe data to get sound settings accessible back.
Btw, is it normal for the booting process to take more than a minute compare to stock roms. Any tweaks ??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

That's because of kernel not ROM.

@bounikariel

Mine's work perfect, maybe your market is damage or there could be another app doing interference. In my phone I get a problem when I run "screen adjuster" I thought it was a market problem but it wasn't. Also if you have siyah's kernel undervolted it could be the problem. In 2.2.5b I don't have any problem but in previous one my phone was freezing a lot because of undervolt even if it was just a little bit of stock one.
19th December 2011, 12:02 AM |#510  

More
@bounikariel

Mine's work perfect, maybe your market is damage or there could be another app doing interference. In my phone I get a problem when I run "screen adjuster" I thought it was a market problem but it wasn't. Also if you have siyah's kernel undervolted it could be the problem. In 2.2.5b I don't have any problem but in previous one my phone was freezing a lot because of undervolt even if it was just a little bit of stock one.[/QUOTE]

thing is you just gave me so many possibilities itll be easier to try 10 more roms by the time i figure out what the real deal is.. and the phone freezes when i try to scroll down to see more app descriptions.. i use 2.5.2 the latest one but it happened on stock kernel even more.. i dont know i might just give up on wiui i just need a rom that woks ya know.. thanks for the advise anyways
19th December 2011, 06:00 AM |#511  
Flag Tuticorin
Thanks Meter: 59

More
The delay in boot is not because of siyah kernel, it is because of the rom..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
miui, samsung, wajkiui, wiui

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)