[ROM][21/07/13][JB/CM10.1/AOKP/RootBox] Nostromo [Pure]

Search This thread

Soenisti

May 7, 2012
Dublin
www.philosopherscorner.co.uk
Hi guys,

Welcome to the Nostromo ROM collection!

Currently building CM10.1, CM10, AOKP jb-mr1 and RootBox versions straight from branch and have included several tuning utilities and extras in the kitchen'ed versions (all free) that I normally can't do without. And yes the camera in the 4.2.1 versions of CM10.1 DO include Paranoramic shots!

The Para features in RootBox work exceptionally well! Woohoo!

160 DPi works well and all seems smooth plus memory seems to stay at ca 440M free. Only issue I've found so far was with Apex Launcher's drawer in vertical continuous mode, the text of the icons smeared and wouldn't reset. Using Paginated style solved that.

Main features of CM10.1 version are new notification layout, updated settings, 4x digital Zoom Camera(Z!) latest gapps support.

Download links for the ROMs, gapps JB and the DorimanX kernel I've tested:

Downloads

Latest version are the following:
CM10 cm-10-20130619-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip - 152.27 MB
CM10.1 cm-10.1-20130515-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip - 150.26 MB
AOKP aokp_i9100_unofficial_2013-07-03.zip - 150.49 MB
RootBox RootBox-JB-i9100-Unofficial-20130721.zip - 165.12 MB

Google Apps JB 4.2.1 Mar 01 13
Google Apps JB June 26th 12 for 4.1.2
DorimanX JB Mali kernel

Screenshots are here!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cheers and enjoy!

Oh, how to install:

Just boot to recovery, wipe to factory if coming from another ROM, in Advanced wipre battery and dalvik then install the ROM.

The JB gapps are also needed. On the RootBox build you'll need to install the gapps even if doing an upgrade from a previous version.

If you want to install a custom kernel then I'd recommend DorimanX (I'm running that myself), but be sure to reboot to recovery from Advanced menu first to make sure it activates the CWM used by that kernel first then reboot to system.

Any problems just let me know!! :laugh:

Code and instructions:

TeamHacksung How to build CM10

And of course a massive thanks to all the coders behind these, at CyanogenMod, RootBox, Paranoid Android, the AOKP team, TeamHacksung especially and DorimanX!!

Last edited:

Soenisti

May 7, 2012
Dublin
Does this ROM have no features?

No credits to cm team? Wrong section?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Features are incredibly good battery life, smooth, seems to work with any 3rd party JB kernel. I've not had any FC at all.

I also used Titanium Backup and restored straight from an ICS backup into JB, apps, data and all with no problems! Only issues I've ever had are when I tried to deodex the ROM and then the import wouldn't work but everything else is amazing!!

Reactions: bi11ie

Soenisti

May 7, 2012
Dublin
During the latest builds I've had EGL issues and the screen stays blank after booting with the new ROM. I've tried AOSP and AOKP with the same result and this started from beginning of October so the last good build I had was around September 30th.

Anyone else seen this?

Soenisti

May 7, 2012
Dublin
During the latest builds I've had EGL issues and the screen stays blank after booting with the new ROM. I've tried AOSP and AOKP with the same result and this started from beginning of October so the last good build I had was around September 30th.

Anyone else seen this?

Needs a custom kernel!! I'm using DorimanX V5.86-B3 JB Mali version now and it works!! with 160DPI too...

Soenisti

May 7, 2012
Dublin
Yeah because it has the new Mali drivers that were introduced in the recent CM10 nighties - They require another kernel that utilises those drivers or rather, is compatible with them. ;)

Sent from my S II ( "Jelly Bean'd Monster" ) ;)

Yup! Running smooth now with both AOKP and CM10 builds using DormanX latest. Gonna try and use a SkyFire as well although that's the beta build I think still.

Soenisti

May 7, 2012
Dublin
Build 4 on the way!

I'm currently building Build 4 versions of CM10 and AOKP and will kitchen those to include DorimanX kernels so they run fine with the latest Mali drivers plus will have several extra apps under /data/app to make the upgrade run a bit smoother!

I'm currently building Build 4 versions of CM10 and AOKP and will kitchen those to include DorimanX kernels so they run fine with the latest Mali drivers plus will have several extra apps under /data/app to make the upgrade run a bit smoother!

So you mean an Aokp with Mali drivers? That's cool..

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

can u atleast post a few images....

+1

Soenisti

May 7, 2012
Dublin
Nostromo 0.9 CM10 release.

It's here!! The latest build with stock kernel and no issues as far as I can tell!!! It boots and you can see a screen!! With gapps installed as well it's running nice and smoothly so now I'll be testing power saving etc to see how long it can last for but normally I set my display to remain active for 1 minute, never sleep WiFi and then tune the other bits for better power.

At least it'll boot with no custom kernel now so stock is fixed. And yes it's 4.1.2 CM10...

Again, massive thanks to the whole CM team, TeamHacksung and of course the developers of the apps I've included. I've included them because they are completely necessary in my mind and give functionality that SHOULD be in Android by default!!
:good:

Enjoy!!

Soenisti

May 7, 2012
Dublin
Nostromo 0.9 new source tree

OK I completely redid the source tree for Nostromo 0.9 CM10. I'd had issues with gallery and battery life had dropped off back to ICS levels again. But, with Nostromo 0.9 I've been running 2 days and yesterday had 7 hours on battery with 35% used so 65% left so it's getting better. And that was 30% screen.

Hopefully this will help with others out there as well!

And I'm building the AOKP version right now.

Soenisti

May 7, 2012
Dublin
Update coming soon!

It seems CyanogenMod have got a few issues with the libnl headers section so I'm building one now with the libnl-headers from the AOKP jellybean branch and that's going through. Otherwise it fails to build on the LLVM section...

Reactions: malavan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Welcome to the Nostromo ROM collection!

Currently building CM10.1, CM10, AOKP jb-mr1 and RootBox versions straight from branch and have included several tuning utilities and extras in the kitchen'ed versions (all free) that I normally can't do without. And yes the camera in the 4.2.1 versions of CM10.1 DO include Paranoramic shots!

The Para features in RootBox work exceptionally well! Woohoo!

160 DPi works well and all seems smooth plus memory seems to stay at ca 440M free. Only issue I've found so far was with Apex Launcher's drawer in vertical continuous mode, the text of the icons smeared and wouldn't reset. Using Paginated style solved that.

Main features of CM10.1 version are new notification layout, updated settings, 4x digital Zoom Camera(Z!) latest gapps support.

Download links for the ROMs, gapps JB and the DorimanX kernel I've tested:

Downloads

Latest version are the following:
    CM10 cm-10-20130619-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip - 152.27 MB
    CM10.1 cm-10.1-20130515-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip - 150.26 MB
    AOKP aokp_i9100_unofficial_2013-07-03.zip - 150.49 MB
    RootBox RootBox-JB-i9100-Unofficial-20130721.zip - 165.12 MB

Google Apps JB 4.2.1 Mar 01 13
    Google Apps JB June 26th 12 for 4.1.2
    DorimanX JB Mali kernel

Screenshots are here!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cheers and enjoy!

Oh, how to install:

Just boot to recovery, wipe to factory if coming from another ROM, in Advanced wipre battery and dalvik then install the ROM.

The JB gapps are also needed. On the RootBox build you'll need to install the gapps even if doing an upgrade from a previous version.

If you want to install a custom kernel then I'd recommend DorimanX (I'm running that myself), but be sure to reboot to recovery from Advanced menu first to make sure it activates the CWM used by that kernel first then reboot to system.

Any problems just let me know!! :laugh:

Code and instructions:

TeamHacksung How to build CM10

And of course a massive thanks to all the coders behind these, at CyanogenMod, RootBox, Paranoid Android, the AOKP team, TeamHacksung especially and DorimanX!!
    CM10.1 JB 4.2.2 version 0.9 uploaded!!
    New builds up!! 05/01 of Para, 2.4 of CM10 and 1.4 AOKP versions. Enjoy and Happy New Year!!
    And there's today's version up including a proper 4.2.1 kernel. Previous CM10.1 builds had to link to the kernel code from CM10 but now it's built that too!
    Finally! A working 4.2.2 based off the latest code, all of it.

It doesn't do reboot to recovery and there's no debug settings entry but it runs and is stable.

I'm also building my own version from the RootBox sources (brilliant ROM guys) as that uses pulls from paranoid as well so has the full per app dpi settings thing going. Anyone interested int hat? Quadrant gave it 3113.