[ROM][CWM][XXKI3][24/09]petsasj OXA/OXX CSC Odexed - [Root/SU/BB]&[Mods]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

petsasj

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2010
Athens
Being a part of HyperDroid Dev team means this project is now discontinued. You can find links to the Rom here and my surgeon here.

Hello there boys & girls,

This is my very first ROM release. It’s pretty basic (yet another stock thread) at the moment, but later on I hope it will be shaping up into something less generic.
In the second post you will find mods & themes (perhaps? :p)

Most of this is done purely to get me accustomed to Android development. I am not looking into creating competition.

The sole purpose of this ROM is to flash the latest version with CWM (no ODIN involved), and give you the basic functionality you need. That means, if you so choose, an Advanced Power Menu and edited stock applications. CRT effect, home button lagfix and so on will not be supported, as they will be supported by Jkay in his mod, which is far better than my implementation.

Main ROM Features:
• Odexed (always will be, since I prefer it)
• Rooted
• SuperUser
• BusyBox
• ClockworkMod Recovery
• CF-Root Kernel

Versions

XXKI3
Firmware info
PDA:XXKI3
PHONE: XXKI3
CSC: OXAKI3 (XEU, XEO, XEF, KOR, ITV, DBT, CPW)
Date: 15/09/2011
Android 2.3.5
Link

XXKI3
Firmware info
CSC: OXXKI2 (AUT, COS, CYO, DNF, EUR, NEE, ODK, ORG, ORS, PAN, SEB, SUN, TDC, TMS, TPH, TRG, VDH, VOM, XEE, XEH, XEO, XEZ, XSK)
Android 2.3.5
Link

Instructions:

• Place .zip file into the internal SDcard
• Reboot into recovery
• Wipe data/factory reset, Cache, Dalvik Cache
• Install zip
• Reboot the device​

Credits to :
• ChainFire for the kernel
• Intratech for the Rom releases
• Sicopat for the awesome HOW-To guide

Last edited:

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
Tips/Suggestions:
• Change CSC code according to your region’s code.
Code:
Dial *#272*IMEI# (15 digits)
Reference here.
• Use Chlorine site to create a .zip file that deletes unwanted apps
• I suggest using the latest Ninphetamine kernel

General Mods: - HERE
  • Touchwiz Mod by me here
  • Talk2
  • BLN liblights (you need the application from the market) & Rosemary Font from SGS & Adfree Hosts
  • New and Old Market For those that prefer the old market. Removes the updater as well. If you want to revert this, download the New one
  • Modified Keyboard to add comma in the first page of the keyboard. Done by me here

ROM Specific Mods: HERE

All ROM Specific mods & edits of stock apps are redone by me for every ROM revision.

XXKI3 - Parent Download Folder HERE

• Chainfire CF Root KI3 Please flash this after the installation. KI3 stock kernel is said to be one of the best around.
  • Advanced Power Menu thanks to sicopat's guide and icons ^_^
  • Messaging application - no MMS convert, time stamp - credits to muveszur
  • Phone application - non increasing Ring - credits to YG007
  • Call Log without sms - credits to sicopat
  • Email without security restrictions - credits to rustamabd

MORE TO COME.

Last edited:

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
Non Jkay Themes​

Common Features
  • 6 Toggle notification (added data) in two variations
  • Advanced Power Menu
  • No notification on full charge
  • Dialer dial buttons changed (thanks Darky)
  • Transparent notifications - 2 individual versions (thanks to Jkay and sicopat for Gold version)
  • Transparent Menu
  • Transparent Music and Radio running notifications on the homescreen
  • Transparent Popup Menu
  • Battery percentage
  • Changed the hideous loading bar

Screenshot of common features
SC20110929-174939.png
SC20110929-174948.png
SC20110929-175754.png
SC20110929-180416.png

Versions
Transparent Stock
This version is the very first theme that will be released within minutes of the ROM release. Mind you in the battery percentage, when full, you will not see it as "100", but no text will displayed. From 99-0 you will have that written, as i prefer it that way.

GoldEdge Counterclock
This is the version that will follow the Stock one.

Screenshots of versions
SC20110929-172513.png
SC20110929-175008.png

Downloads
Rom specific versions and parent download folder link below:
XXKI3

Jkay Compatible Themes
The above features and layouts will be ported to Jkay's mod once he uploads his version per firmware to make it compatible with his app. And by the way, no 9 scrollable toggles, but 6, as i prefer that. If you don't like the 6 toggles, it's preferable to use his version. This EXACTLY the above themes, with just Jkay mod compatibility.

Jkay Compatible Themes Download Link
XXKI3

###NOTE###
In the gold version, i have no gold icon for silent mode as of yet. Will wait for Jkay's release.

Last edited:

Lancez

Aug 25, 2008
SoCal
i'd love to have advanced power menu and a clean batt mod for this ROM. thank you for your effort and rated 5 stars :D

Reactions: kouklakis

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
Added Advanced Power Menu & a new version with OXX CSC.

I'm going to bed, my head's about to explode with this amount of information.

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
MMS fix is up as well.

This is the first time I'm doing all this, so please bear with me :)

Last edited:

nectons2000

Feb 2, 2006
ΜΠΡΑΒΟ!

Αν και για τώρα δεν με βλέπω να φεύγω από την v20 του criskelo να πω ότι χάρηκα ιδιαίτερα που βλέπω Ελληνική προσπάθεια.

Well done my friend and keep going!

RESPECT

Reactions: petsasj

arnoldod

Sep 18, 2011
Hi petsasj,

I'm still new with android and customizing firmware for personal use & your thread give a great contribution along with other learning materials that I read in XDA Developers forum. Thanks a lot for this! :)

I have successfully install MMS, Phone, and No SMS Log mods from you as well as Chainfire CF-Root XXKI3 Root Kernel. I also found other methods to remove bloatware using GScript from: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=15071957 created by socket84. I used this method to remove bloatware from my SGS2 after successfully update my firmware and installing all the mods because Chlorine site was down. The site is already back online as I write this post.

Cheers!

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
Hi petsasj,

I'm still new with android and customizing firmware for personal use & your thread give a great contribution along with other learning materials that I read in XDA Developers forum. Thanks a lot for this! :)

I have successfully install MMS, Phone, and No SMS Log mods from you as well as Chainfire CF-Root XXKI3 Root Kernel. I also found other methods to remove bloatware using GScript from: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=15071957 created by socket84. I used this method to remove bloatware from my SGS2 after successfully update my firmware and installing all the mods because Chlorine site was down. The site is already back online as I write this post.

Cheers!

Glad i could be of help! I'm in the process of learning myself, so should you need any information, don't hesitate to pm me.

@nectons2000
Eyxaristw :)

The rom still has a long way to go, but hopefully this is a start :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Being a part of HyperDroid Dev team means this project is now discontinued. You can find links to the Rom here and my surgeon here.

Hello there boys & girls,

This is my very first ROM release. It’s pretty basic (yet another stock thread) at the moment, but later on I hope it will be shaping up into something less generic.
    In the second post you will find mods & themes (perhaps? :p)

Most of this is done purely to get me accustomed to Android development. I am not looking into creating competition.

The sole purpose of this ROM is to flash the latest version with CWM (no ODIN involved), and give you the basic functionality you need. That means, if you so choose, an Advanced Power Menu and edited stock applications. CRT effect, home button lagfix and so on will not be supported, as they will be supported by Jkay in his mod, which is far better than my implementation.

Main ROM Features:
    • Odexed (always will be, since I prefer it)
    • Rooted
    • SuperUser
    • BusyBox
    • ClockworkMod Recovery
    • CF-Root Kernel

Versions

XXKI3
    Firmware info
    CSC: OXAKI3 (XEU, XEO, XEF, KOR, ITV, DBT, CPW)
    Android 2.3.5
    Link

XXKI3
    Firmware info
    CSC: OXXKI2 (AUT, COS, CYO, DNF, EUR, NEE, ODK, ORG, ORS, PAN, SEB, SUN, TDC, TMS, TPH, TRG, VDH, VOM, XEE, XEH, XEO, XEZ, XSK)
    Android 2.3.5
    Link

Instructions:

• Place .zip file into the internal SDcard
    • Reboot into recovery
    • Wipe data/factory reset, Cache, Dalvik Cache
    • Install zip
    • Reboot the device​

Credits to :
    • ChainFire for the kernel
    • Intratech for the Rom releases
    • Sicopat for the awesome HOW-To guide

Tips/Suggestions:
    • Change CSC code according to your region’s code.
    Code:
    Dial *#272*IMEI# (15 digits)
    Reference here.
    • Use Chlorine site to create a .zip file that deletes unwanted apps
    • I suggest using the latest Ninphetamine kernel

General Mods: - HERE
    • Touchwiz Mod by me here
    • Talk2
    • BLN liblights (you need the application from the market) & Rosemary Font from SGS & Adfree Hosts
    • New and Old Market For those that prefer the old market. Removes the updater as well. If you want to revert this, download the New one
    • Modified Keyboard to add comma in the first page of the keyboard. Done by me here

ROM Specific Mods: HERE

All ROM Specific mods & edits of stock apps are redone by me for every ROM revision.

XXKI3 - Parent Download Folder HERE

• Chainfire CF Root KI3 Please flash this after the installation. KI3 stock kernel is said to be one of the best around.
    • Advanced Power Menu thanks to sicopat's guide and icons ^_^
    • Messaging application - no MMS convert, time stamp - credits to muveszur
    • Phone application - non increasing Ring - credits to YG007
    • Call Log without sms - credits to sicopat
    • Email without security restrictions - credits to rustamabd

MORE TO COME.
    Γεια σου φιλε,

No unfortunately there's no CSC for Greece atm along with android 2.3.5. I will, however be adding a OXX CSC for Greece soon ;). Probably tomorrow morning.

Good luck for your first attempt .

Waiting for more :)
    good look...καλη αρχη φιλε μου...
    Geia sou Petsa file mou...Can you do me a favour and tell me how do i activate push notifications on the galaxy? the most easiest things i bet and cant figure it out:confused:

Push notifications on what exactly? Gmail?

@elban
    What version are you coming from? If coming from KI4 it should work without a wipe, if coming from KH3/1 then try it out and let us know.