[ROM][09.07.13][XWLSW][SIV theme] ROMs4 v1.6 by dawkon13

Search This thread

j.kim970

Jun 20, 2012
Just a few questions:

Hey guys! I am currently deciding which galaxy s4 rom is thr most
Stable, smooth and overall good for daily use.
My questions is

1. Is this rom a smooth and good rom for daily use?
2. I am in love with the contact icons in galaxy s4 will they be there?
3. And also are the messaging icons and stuff similar to the s4

Thank you so much I would appreciate it if you guys could take your time reading this

Midjet

Jun 26, 2008
Only installed this yesterday, got a prompt to update SU. I tried to do this by rebooting into TWRP now stuck in bootloop with Yellow exclamation mark. Cant access recovery but can access download mode but can't seem to reload with anything that I have previously used.
Heeeelp pleeease. Feel like it's bricked atm. Just need a phone as my Note 4 crapped out on me. Waiting for Xiaomi Note 4 to be delivered but expecting a wait of 6 weeks or so. How do I reclaim my phone.
Thanks in advance

ssanjy

Sep 2, 2013
Baneshwor, Kathmandu
Only installed this yesterday, got a prompt to update SU. I tried to do this by rebooting into TWRP now stuck in bootloop with Yellow exclamation mark. Cant access recovery but can access download mode but can't seem to reload with anything that I have previously used.
Heeeelp pleeease. Feel like it's bricked atm. Just need a phone as my Note 4 crapped out on me. Waiting for Xiaomi Note 4 to be delivered but expecting a wait of 6 weeks or so. How do I reclaim my phone.
Thanks in advance

Can't you flash a kernel in .tar format using Odin and booting into recovery too? Have you already tried it? Try apolo or Philz kernel

Midjet

Jun 26, 2008
Hi Ssanjy, I had tried reinstalling recovery via Odin 1.85 with no luck tried numerous recovery options, didn't have an installable version of Apolo from Odin only from SDcard.
Anyway I eventually got recovery added by using more up to date version of Odin 3.10 and got Siyah installed then recovered the Apolo one from SD card. All back up and running again now :eek:)

Midjet

Jun 26, 2008
OK, so now I've encountered a different problem. Installed Facebook messenger but had to delete sevreal other apps as had run out of space. Phone kept freezing on reboot, is this possibly due to lack of memory?Also can I set phone to install apps to different location?.
Phone shows approx 2gb of Device Memory as 1.97gb with only 379mb free. But also showing 11.50gb of USB Memory with 9.74gb free . I also have 20gb free on SD card.
I have installed quite a few apps but don't feel that they could possibly have used up all myDevice memory,
Phone has been freezing and crashing and rebooting and repeat. I deleted FB messenger and reinstalled ROM and all seem ok but based on previous experience with a variety of ROMs this phone seems to just give up the ghost and freeze randomly.
Any advice welcome.

MigoMujahid

Aug 31, 2015
New York
OK, so now I've encountered a different problem. Installed Facebook messenger but had to delete sevreal other apps as had run out of space. Phone kept freezing on reboot, is this possibly due to lack of memory?Also can I set phone to install apps to different location?.
Phone shows approx 2gb of Device Memory as 1.97gb with only 379mb free. But also showing 11.50gb of USB Memory with 9.74gb free . I also have 20gb free on SD card.
I have installed quite a few apps but don't feel that they could possibly have used up all myDevice memory,
Phone has been freezing and crashing and rebooting and repeat. I deleted FB messenger and reinstalled ROM and all seem ok but based on previous experience with a variety of ROMs this phone seems to just give up the ghost and freeze randomly.
Any advice welcome.
you should re-partition your phone, repartitioning will give you a better memory management, it will increase the data partition size from 2GB to your desired value and will take from the internal storage (11.5GB) which will give you more space to install all apps you want, there are 2 updated guides to re-partition, one uses PC and the Other doesn't, both guides are available in the Q&A thread.
also the S2 is an Old phone after all, i don't use Facebook on it, that makes my phone faster.

ssanjy

Sep 2, 2013
Baneshwor, Kathmandu
Any advice welcome.
Have you repitted your internal SD to get at least 3-4 GB in data partition? If not it's required since Mm and Nought ROMs take up more data storage... And its been discussed that FB does affect the performance of the phones....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you like this ROM you can donate to me:

Very thanks for donations :)

IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM WITH ROOT PLEASE UPDATE SUPERSU APP OR RE-INSTALL :)

Quick info:
    v1.6:
    -added Ripple Effect on/off with blue ink
    -black settings
    -added Stranslator and Ssugest
    -SIV keyboard
    v1.5:
    -fixed Home Button (Hot Reboot)
    v1.4:
    Big thanks to jackq for help :)
    -Volume Rocker
    -Note 2 Keyboard
    -CRT OFF
    -MultiWindow with black text
    -Gallery from Note 2
    -Back to kill app
    -4 ways to reboot
    --Clock on lockscreen at left side: ROMs4_clock_S4.zip )
    -i forgot
    v1.3:
    -based on XWLSW
    -modem XXLQ6
    -Apolo 4.7
    -white MultiWindow
    -Flare Effect
    -Clock on lockscreen at left side (download this http://www.mediafire.com/?w5a995w2ahgzp80)
    -S4 toggles
    -White keyboard
    -icons from SGSIV
    -i forgot
    v1.2:
    -fixed Setup wizard bug from v1.1
    -added MultiWindow
    -added Ripple Effect
    -Settings have white background
    -delete scrolling wallpaper
    v1.1
    -TouchWiz launcher with Galaxy SIV theme
    -included Status bar 50% with white text
    -added one su binary
    v1.0
    -TRANSPARENT STATUS BAR (as in SIV) (screenshots in second post)
    -touch sound from SGSIV
    -boot sound from SGSIV
    -lockscreen sound from SGSIV
    -sounds from SIV (ringtones, notifications, alarm )
    -deodexed
    -rooted (SuperSU)
    -wallpapers from SGSIV
    -SHealth and Youtube app from SGSIV
    -Accuweather widget with SGSIV style
    -Kernel Apolo v4.5 Extreme v0 + configurator (The best kernel for me :good: )
    -modem XXLS8
    -other little changes
    -TWRP recovery

Installation:
    -Download ROM, copy ROM on SD
    -Flash good recovery (some have status7 error,example: SpeedMod) -I recommend Apolo 4.7 with TWRP:
    https://content.wuala.com/contents/...4.7_ExtremeV0_TWRP.zip/?dl=1&key=IZz8nJ7ajpFQ
    -Flash ROM via TWRP
    -Make wipe cache/dalvik cache
    -If you have other Android version (example CM10,ICS) or have you bootloop make wipe
    -Hit "thanks" :D

DOWNLOAD:
    https://sites.google.com/site/roms4s2/roms4-v1-6-by-dawkon13
    Screenshots and video:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=3L5SCnhSQJY
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=YqgPvRBriDs

Warning!
    Screenshots have darker colors (SGS2 have amoled display ;) )
    175ops.png

23rx0s5.png

9j0j6d.png

332xx1v.png

ml5agn.png

4ibfr8.png

35nc38i.png

4vqw61.png

75%:
    eikaa.png

50%(two versions: grey icons-this and white icons- amazing):
    2jrli.png