FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] SlimLP - Build - 11/11/2015 | SlimKat - Build 9.1 - 01/04/2016

860 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,488

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from warrior1208: SlimKat Final Build!
25th October 2017, 04:21 PM |#2021  
Flag Melilla
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdil

I done all wipes as you tell, but now the device doesn't start.... it's blocked at S2 window and does'nt work.
I can oepn recovery mode and download mode but not boot the OS.
I tryed to flash Slimkat rom again but it say error "This package is for device: S2 (and other models ndr)...... this device is smdkc210" .

Wrong firmware?
I don't know what I can do now.....
Can I contact you in other kind of social? I very need this device for my mum in hospital!

boot on S2 logo because no have system, tell me your actual recovery have and if you try install slimkat go on this more recently rom

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...i9100-t2350201

you can activate mass storage on recovery for to install the files that come there attached even if you do not have a system these actually.

I only have FB, Htcmania,whatss PM if interested

20th March 2018, 08:25 AM |#2022  
Flag Velletri, RM
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniknarang

Hey Guys,

As you may know, SlimKat got discontinued very abruptly, due to the various framework changes introduced in Lollipop and some internal issues within the SlimTeam. But, as the SlimTeam promised of releasing a stable SlimKat build, here it is: Fresh and Stable! So here we go, KitKat fans! For previous official builds, check here: http://slimroms.net/index.php/downlo...ory/1058-i9100

SlimKat - Weekly 9.1 (01-04-2016)

• Various Stagefright Fixes
  • Various Framework Fixes
  • Various Security Updates
  • Various Translation Imports
  • Various Security Updates
  • Fix Memory Overflow
  • Fix Uncanny SystemUI Crash
  • For more, check the Gerrit!

The build includes changes only meant for improved stability. I'll now work on SlimLP final (stable) build, before moving on towards Slim6 6.0.1. Stay tuned, and let me know more about this build!

Hi!

Assuming this is the latest SlimKat, which gapps package would you suggest?

EDIT: I don't find the link you are pointing to, I get
"503 Service Unavailable
No server is available to handle this request. "

Thanks
20th March 2018, 09:06 AM |#2023  
Flag Melilla

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaleg

Hi!

Assuming this is the latest SlimKat, which gapps package would you suggest?

EDIT: I don't find the link you are pointing to, I get
"503 Service Unavailable
No server is available to handle this request. "

Thanks

slimgapps build9

http://slimroms.net/index.php/downlo...1150-addons4-4

current link works androidfilehost

slimkat I would not recommend it much if you are looking for a 4.4, search on Slimsaber fusionjack or greekdragon latest builds
20th March 2018, 03:05 PM |#2024  
Flag Velletri, RM

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abels2

slimgapps build9

http://slimroms.net/index.php/downlo...1150-addons4-4

current link works androidfilehost

slimkat I would not recommend it much if you are looking for a 4.4, search on Slimsaber fusionjack or greekdragon latest builds

Awesome, now link works again ^^

About rom suggestions, I understand these 2 you mentioned, are they stable to be daily driver?

A small OT, I got this i9100 to replace my phone that is on RMA...
I would like to root, put a recovery and then a custom rom, could you point me to an updated guide to do it?
I did it before with maguro and with N5X, but I read that i9100 is trickier expecially because of putting a recovery
20th March 2018, 05:54 PM |#2025  
Flag Melilla

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaleg

Awesome, now link works again ^^

About rom suggestions, I understand these 2 you mentioned, are they stable to be daily driver?

A small OT, I got this i9100 to replace my phone that is on RMA...
I would like to root, put a recovery and then a custom rom, could you point me to an updated guide to do it?
I did it before with maguro and with N5X, but I read that i9100 is trickier expecially because of putting a recovery

In SII it is difficult to find a stable rom, SlimSaber is the closest in stability to the stock or sammy roms (based on 4.4) followed by kernel dorimanX will rarely be able to reach 3 hours SoT (active screen) always depending on the use

if you want a good daily use I would recommend staying in some good sammy rom (4.1.2): Omega, NeatRom, Alliance, amandine, ... in this aspect you will not have problems with applications like whatsapp, youtube ... but of course it is some applications you can not execute them because 4.1 is already a very old version my recommendation: Anorexia ROM

or give up a bit on stability and make the jump to some very good and current ones: SlimSaber, CyanFox2.0.2, Celeriter2.7, DirtyUnicorns10.6, Tesla 2.3, ... my recommendation Tesla or DU10.6 I must say that in some of them you may experience a battery drain or % battery drop after some restarts so I recommend playing a bit with the kernel

if you want to leave 4.4 onwards you will have to install a modified PIT has its benefits as less bootloops and more internal memory samsung only gave us 2GB data .... here I did one detailing how to get the TWRP recovery and install a PIT without a computer https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...9#post75556909
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abels2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Abels2 Ad-Free
21st March 2018, 07:58 AM |#2026  
Flag Velletri, RM

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abels2

In SII it is difficult to find a stable rom, SlimSaber is the closest in stability to the stock or sammy roms (based on 4.4) followed by kernel dorimanX will rarely be able to reach 3 hours SoT (active screen) always depending on the use

if you want a good daily use I would recommend staying in some good sammy rom (4.1.2): Omega, NeatRom, Alliance, amandine, ... in this aspect you will not have problems with applications like whatsapp, youtube ... but of course it is some applications you can not execute them because 4.1 is already a very old version my recommendation: Anorexia ROM

or give up a bit on stability and make the jump to some very good and current ones: SlimSaber, CyanFox2.0.2, Celeriter2.7, DirtyUnicorns10.6, Tesla 2.3, ... my recommendation Tesla or DU10.6 I must say that in some of them you may experience a battery drain or % battery drop after some restarts so I recommend playing a bit with the kernel

if you want to leave 4.4 onwards you will have to install a modified PIT has its benefits as less bootloops and more internal memory samsung only gave us 2GB data .... here I did one detailing how to get the TWRP recovery and install a PIT without a computer https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...9#post75556909

I will send you a PM to avoid offtopic here ^^
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i9100, lollipop, slimlp, slimroms, warrior1208

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)