By rINanDO, Senior Member on 13th February 2017, 02:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th February 2017, 08:31 AM |#491  
Flag Thuringia
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby1960

Two times I lost the complete data from the infernal SD, even without emulated storage. I'm not able (or to stupid) to run this build with emulated storage.

Did it just happen out oft the blue or after you flashed the latest LinOS.... or while you tried migrate?

27th February 2017, 08:37 AM |#492  
Flag Erfurt
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:

Two times I lost the complete data from the infernal SD, even without emulated storage. I'm not able (or to stupid) to run this build with emulated storage.

If you are on emulated storage, you must change the storage.xml again. (Every time you update lineage os) I’m lazy, so I created a flashable zip file with the changed storage.xml.
Yesterday i update from Feb. 22 to Feb. 26, and everything is running fine.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Quote:

I have problems with the latest build 02/26 and emulated storage. The installation works fine, I can setup the ROM. But it deletes all data from my internal SD card. If I copy the lost data from PC on the internal storage there is a message: Not enough memory - strange.

If you are on emulated storage, you must change the storage.xml again. (Every time you update lineage os)
The Following User Says Thank You to kraehetest For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kraehetest Ad-Free
27th February 2017, 08:50 AM |#493  
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraehetest

If you are on emulated storage, you must change the storage.xml again. (Every time you update lineage os)

Or just use an emu-compatible recovery...
27th February 2017, 09:32 AM |#494  
Flag Erfurt

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm0

Or just use an emu-compatible recovery...

I have an emu-compatible recovery. But I have not yet dared. Therefore, I have always changed the storage.xml.
Can someone confirm that the update works to 100% with an emu-compatible recovery.
(At Nobby1960 it does not seem to have worked.)
27th February 2017, 09:38 AM |#495  
Flag Thuringia

More
Quote:

If i understood lanchons instructions right.... everything should be fine after a ROM updade as long as you don't wipe data in the process as this it the place where the storage.xml is located. So this shouldn't be the issue
27th February 2017, 09:43 AM |#496  
Flag Erfurt

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suapoc

If i understood lanchons instructions right.... everything should be fine after a ROM upgrade as long as you don't wipe data in the process as this it the place where the storage.xml is located. So this shouldn't be the issue

You’re right, I hope so.
27th February 2017, 10:28 AM |#497  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 185

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sercan Ali

Does Lineage OS updater work? I am on 22 02 build and cannot update it via updater...Should we flash it manually?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

22nd build does not update via updater but latest 26th nightly does - I'd recommend that instead.
But If you really must, then install 22nd manually from download location:
/Data/data/org.lineageos.updater/app_updates
You will need to mount data partition within Twrp to do so.
(Or move it elsewhere first)
27th February 2017, 10:36 AM |#498  
Flag Thuringia

More
Quote:

I have an emu-compatible recovery. But I have not yet dared. Therefore, I have always changed the storage.xml.Can someone confirm that the update works to 100% with an emu-compatible recovery.
(At Nobby1960 it does not seem to have worked.)

I am not sure if everything works...
I updated via the Lineage OS updater on the phone and everything seemed to work fine.
However i just looked in the Device Storage menue it shows that my 8mb partition is mounted as sdcard0... on the other hand storage/emulated/0 is still present and the apps still find their data.

My storage XML also was edited either while i updated or after i switched to a larger external SD card...
I am not sure right now if it's broken.... or if they just changed the way it's displayed.

edit: everything seems to work fine.
27th February 2017, 10:39 AM |#499  
Flag Köln
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hello,

I'm new to this rom.
I've installed a fresh lineage-14.1-20170226-nightly-i9100-signed.zip.
Also installed SuperSU v2.79 SR3.

But I got no ROOT access.

Did i make something wrong?
27th February 2017, 10:40 AM |#500  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Is it possibile to select as internal storage an external SD card in LineageOS 14.1 for our device?
Are there issues doing that in this official rom?
27th February 2017, 10:46 AM |#501  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 709

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightCGN

Hello,

I'm new to this rom.
I've installed a fresh lineage-14.1-20170226-nightly-i9100-signed.zip.
Also installed SuperSU v2.79 SR3.

But I got no ROOT access.

Did i make something wrong?

You can't use supersu, you have to flash the correct su-addon from LineageOS official site instead.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pier_89

Is it possibile to select as internal storage an external SD card in LineageOS 14.1 for our device?
Are there issues doing that in this official rom?

Their should be a way to format the external sdcard as internal storage from storage settings.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)