[WIP][ECLIPSE~PHASE][STOCK 4.2.2][S2 PLUS PORT]

Search This thread

rahulbrand

Sep 26, 2013
Good job mahn !! Btw which tutorial you are following to port the rom plz post the link...And also which kernel you used ?? cm kernel?

gerryS2

Apr 3, 2013
Avellino
@the-bomber Hi, I have tried this guide to lead a rom 4.2.2 of s2 plus on the I9100. The my rom boot but goes into bootloop because there is a problem with the bootclasspath of cm 10.1. I have found in logcat that in the bootclasspath of cm 10.1 is not specified the start of framework2.jar and there is a problem with audio lib ;)

the-bomber

Jan 8, 2013
Oujda
www.facebook.com
@the-bomber Hi, I have tried this guide to lead a rom 4.2.2 of s2 plus on the I9100. The my rom boot but goes into bootloop because there is a problem with the bootclasspath of cm 10.1. I have found in logcat that in the bootclasspath of cm 10.1 is not specified the start of framework2.jar and there is a problem with audio lib ;)
Yep that's exactly the problem I'm facing :D we need to edit it in cm10.1 kernel to make the rom boot but I can't seem to unpack the kernel and I'm stuck now.
I'll install ubuntu and see what I can do :/ windows sucks when it come to android. ...

Junaid1460

Oct 25, 2012
no u can't ! dunno why but S2 boot.img don't have (or i don't know) a android magic header not found at start of boot.img... so i tried almost everything and couldn't unpack it ! so i need to go to ubuntu to try more different ways !

you cant unpack it normally because

smdk4210 kernels are packed with initramfs compression which differs from other normal kernel

try googling with "how to extract s2 initramfs boot.img"

even after you unpacked the ramdisk you cant repack it you'll get some errors normally

i prefer you to build kernel from source

this is the best and easy way to build custom kernel for your port

porting is not that easy

all the best :):):):):)

v418h4v

Mar 2, 2013
Earth
Yay another project like the 4.4.2 rom port by Capdroid, but i see we are having similar problems but dont worry because this rom will boot! :victory:

gerryS2

Apr 3, 2013
Avellino
you cant unpack it normally because

smdk4210 kernels are packed with initramfs compression which differs from other normal kernel

try googling with "how to extract s2 initramfs boot.img"

even after you unpacked the ramdisk you cant repack it you'll get some errors normally

i prefer you to build kernel from source

this is the best and easy way to build custom kernel for your port

porting is not that easy

all the best :):):):):)

I have found this thread on google:
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/30996-h/

Junaid1460

Oct 25, 2012
kk development

Yay another project like the 4.4.2 rom port by Capdroid, but i see we are having similar problems but dont worry because this rom will boot! :victory:

yeah we know that even kk development under progress

if we get jb 4.2.2 its more than our 4.1.2

the problem with kk project is all about

/system/lib/android_runtime.so partialy ok with cm
/system/bin/auditd
/system/lib/hw/hwcomposer.xxxxx.so
/system/framework/framework.jar & framework2.jar some missing methods

although we are trying but while editing framework.jar get some error

will report within a week

Last edited:
Reactions: Pishtaz

Top Liked Posts