Remove All Ads from XDA

[celoxhd][SGH-I757M][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

9,554 posts
Thanks Meter: 33,210

By Phil3759, Inactive Recognized Developer on 2nd December 2013, 07:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
Last version can be found here:
Huge thanks and credits to @titanic_fanatic
He ported the sources and provided all needed stuff to build it
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phil3759 Ad-Free

2nd December 2013, 09:22 PM |#2  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 2,012

Donate to Me
More
Excellent, many thanks for all the work you put into this for us. We very much appreciate it

On the topic of bugs, I only have two (but I really don't mind at all). The screenshot works except for the resulting image is wavy coloured lines and no vibration regardless of the setting.

We've never had either, so I'm not missing them at all, but wanted to let you know.

Take care Phil

Sent from my SGH-I757M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to titanic_fanatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift titanic_fanatic Ad-Free
2nd December 2013, 09:53 PM |#3  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanic_fanatic

Excellent, many thanks for all the work you put into this for us. We very much appreciate it

On the topic of bugs, I only have two (but I really don't mind at all). The screenshot works except for the resulting image is wavy coloured lines and no vibration regardless of the setting.

We've never had either, so I'm not missing them at all, but wanted to let you know.

Take care Phil

Added you to credits on the device page in main thread and here in OP

screen shots: forget it, I should disable it once for all on new devices. Sadly, we have no working thing for most new devices. Only some Sammy and the mako did work

vibration: can you provide the path for vibrator?, it should be in kernel drivers I guess. Currently I use:
Code:
/sys/class/timed_output/vibrator/enable
We echo some msec value there and it Bzzzzz for that msec
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phil3759 Ad-Free
2nd December 2013, 11:39 PM |#4  
Flag Calgary

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3759

Added you to credits on the device page in main thread and here in OP

screen shots: forget it, I should disable it once for all on new devices. Sadly, we have no working thing for most new devices. Only some Sammy and the mako did work

vibration: can you provide the path for vibrator?, it should be in kernel drivers I guess. Currently I use:

Code:
/sys/class/timed_output/vibrator/enable
We echo some msec value there and it Bzzzzz for that msec

That's the correct path Maybe the driver isn't loading properly... I'll see if I can get a dmesg Log when booting recovery to see if the driver actually loads

The Following User Says Thank You to titanic_fanatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift titanic_fanatic Ad-Free
3rd December 2013, 08:15 AM |#5  
Flag Calgary

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Vibrator Fixed
Hey @Phil3759, I did a whole lot of investigating tonight and have figured out and fixed the vibration issue. I discovered that it was trying to load the module from /system/lib/modules/vibrator.ko. This is my roms ko file and is currently for cm10.2. The kerenel I setup for this recovery is our cm11 kernel and uses a different module (compiled against that kernel). It was trying to load the cm10.2 module from my rom into the cm11 kernel which obviously doesn't work, so I split the recovery.img added the correct module at /tmp/system/lib/modules added the necessary lines to init.recovery.qcom.rc and repackaged the kernel and new ramdisk.

I have flashed this and tested it. it works like a charm now Can you replace the version in your repo with this new one?
Attached Files
File Type: zip philz_touch_6.01.0-celoxhd.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.43 MB, 1360 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to titanic_fanatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift titanic_fanatic Ad-Free
3rd December 2013, 09:32 AM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hey @Phil3759, I did a whole lot of investigating tonight and have figured out and fixed the vibration issue. I discovered that it was trying to load the module from /system/lib/modules/vibrator.ko. This is my roms ko file and is currently for cm10.2. The kerenel I setup for this recovery is our cm11 kernel and uses a different module (compiled against that kernel). It was trying to load the cm10.2 module from my rom into the cm11 kernel which obviously doesn't work, so I split the recovery.img added the correct module at /tmp/system/lib/modules added the necessary lines to init.recovery.qcom.rc and repackaged the kernel and new ramdisk.

I have flashed this and tested it. it works like a charm now Can you replace the version in your repo with this new one?

If you update your device tree, it would be even better. That way, my next updates won't be affected again
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phil3759 Ad-Free
3rd December 2013, 10:12 AM |#7  
Flag Calgary

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If you update your device tree, it would be even better. That way, my next updates won't be affected again

I just finished updating my device tree with the necessary fixes for the vibrator to work in recovery

https://github.com/titanic-fanatic/a...641bf8d6a12128

Also, not that I care, but Amarullz was able to get screenshots working in the latest AromaInstaller (Flamboyan I think). If your interested, maybe ask him what he did to get it to work. He could probably point you to the commits

Take Care
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to titanic_fanatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift titanic_fanatic Ad-Free
3rd December 2013, 10:25 AM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I just finished updating my device tree with the necessary fixes for the vibrator to work in recovery

https://github.com/titanic-fanatic/a...641bf8d6a12128

Also, not that I care, but Amarullz was able to get screenshots working in the latest AromaInstaller (Flamboyan I think). If your interested, maybe ask him what he did to get it to work. He could probably point you to the commits

Take Care

Looking at it quickly: why that first extra / at end of copy files?
Also, won't be cleaner to use standard path like /lib/modules?
/tmp can be wiped and modified by installers and recovery
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phil3759 Ad-Free
3rd December 2013, 10:38 AM |#9  
Flag Calgary

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Looking at it quickly: why that first extra / at end of copy files?
Also, won't be cleaner to use standard path like /lib/modules?
/tmp can be wiped and modified by installers and recovery

The first / is because it's part of a set of chained product copy files directives:

Quote:

# Ramdisk
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
device/samsung/celoxhd/ramdisk/init.qcom.usb.rc:root/init.qcom.usb.rc \

# BT firmware
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
device/samsung/celoxhd/firmware/bcm4330B1.hcd:system/etc/firmware/bcm4330B1.hcd \

# Needed for vibrator to work in recovery
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
device/samsung/celoxhd/recovery/root/lib/modules/vibrator.ko:recovery/root/lib/modules/vibrator.ko \
device/samsung/celoxhd/recovery/root/init.recovery.qcom.rc:recovery/root/init.recovery.qcom.rc

I did this only to adhere to the existing pattern in my device.mk file, the one appended to the first PRODUCT_COPY_FILES was already there from when I forked the project and took that as being a set of chained commands. If this is wrong, I will change it

I definitely see your point on the /tmp dir. I here the commit that fixes that

https://github.com/titanic-fanatic/a...7cc5c62bb3a97a
3rd December 2013, 07:57 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The first / is because it's part of a set of chained product copy files directives:

I did this only to adhere to the existing pattern in my device.mk file, the one appended to the first PRODUCT_COPY_FILES was already there from when I forked the project and took that as being a set of chained commands. If this is wrong, I will change it

I definitely see your point on the /tmp dir. I here the commit that fixes that

https://github.com/titanic-fanatic/a...7cc5c62bb3a97a

I uploaded 6.01.2 with your fixed vibrator
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES:
Maybe I am wrong, but usually, in make files, only the last element has no trailing /
Code:
# Ramdisk
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
    device/samsung/celoxhd/ramdisk/init.qcom.usb.rc:root/init.qcom.usb.rc
    xxx-yyy \
    zzz-pppp\
    last_one

# BT firmware
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
    device/samsung/celoxhd/firmware/bcm4330B1.hcd:system/etc/firmware/bcm4330B1.hcd

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
        device/samsung/celoxhd/recovery/root/tmp/system/lib/modules/vibrator.ko:recovery/root/tmp/system/lib/modules/vibrator.ko \
        device/samsung/celoxhd/recovery/root/init.recovery.qcom.rc:recovery/root/init.recovery.qcom.rc
Also, just for info, my full gui builds need these, often in cm.mk:
Code:
TARGET_SCREEN_HEIGHT := 1280
TARGET_SCREEN_WIDTH := 720
3rd December 2013, 09:22 PM |#11  
Flag Calgary

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I uploaded 6.01.2 with your fixed vibrator
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES:
Maybe I am wrong, but usually, in make files, only the last element has no trailing /

Code:
# Ramdisk
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
    device/samsung/celoxhd/ramdisk/init.qcom.usb.rc:root/init.qcom.usb.rc
    xxx-yyy \
    zzz-pppp\
    last_one

# BT firmware
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
    device/samsung/celoxhd/firmware/bcm4330B1.hcd:system/etc/firmware/bcm4330B1.hcd

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
        device/samsung/celoxhd/recovery/root/tmp/system/lib/modules/vibrator.ko:recovery/root/tmp/system/lib/modules/vibrator.ko \
Also, just for info, my full gui builds need these, often in cm.mk:
Code:
TARGET_SCREEN_HEIGHT := 1280
TARGET_SCREEN_WIDTH := 720

It seems that the extra \ was introduced in our JB branch and has never been fixed. Various examples in googles repo confirm that you are correct. I have removed the extra \ and added the properties you mentioned above to the cm.mk file. Here is the relevant commit:

https://github.com/titanic-fanatic/a...ad2428844e23cb
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to titanic_fanatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift titanic_fanatic Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)