Oct 9, 2013
[ DC ]
I can do this with my friends S2.

ELcAt9Q.jpg
? Kindly confirm,

NOOBHEADFORLIFE

Mar 3, 2013
Dennerey
This is a kernel including ClockworkMod Recovery for use on Samsung roms.
Don't use this kernel on aosp based roms like CyanogenMod!!!

Instructions
  • Power your device off
  • Boot into Download-Mode using Volume Down + Home + Power
  • Hit Volume Up to accept the warning
  • Start Odin
  • Choose "GT-I9100G_XX_ClockworkMod-Recovery_X.X.X.X.tar" as PDA (no repartition)
  • Connect your Phone
  • Start flashing
  • After reboot you can easily root your device using SuperOneClick

Usage
Volume Up + Home + Power boots your Phone into Recovery Mode.

Volume up: Highlight up
Volume down: Highlight down
Home: select
Power: back

Downloads
ICS - 6.0.1.2: Download

https://github.com/teamhacksung/GT-I9100G_ClockworkMod-Recovery

Instructions
- git clone git://github.com:teamhacksung/GT-I9100G_ClockworkMod-Recovery.git
- modify build.sh to fit your needs
- execute it, the final zImage and a flashable tar for odin will be at out/ dir

This is a good base for kernel cooks to start hacking.

right about now i would love to download this kernel for my s2 i9100g and have cwm recovery as my default recovery but sad to say its only for ics :( and my phone is running JB ! so do you have a modded JB kernel with cwm recovery pre installed you can set me up with ?

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Ended up using blazing kernel which I flashed from stock recovery. Worked great and go me to 10.1.3 and then off to 11.

hey bro can u give the link to download the kernal you use to get your cwm recovery up and running ? !

walttheboss

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

hey bro can u give the link to download the kernal you use to get your cwm recovery up and running ? !
Here is the thread. Hope it helps. Just be careful to pick the right file in post two.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2293576

Remember again as noted above this is a kernel and recovery that can be flashed as a zip from stock (Samsung!!!) Rom and stock recovery. That is the beauty of it. Then you can use that to flash the Cyanogen Mod of your choice.

If you are on JB then choose that kernel/recovery. Then you need to flash a JB 10.1.3 CM Rom which will then give you the 6.0.4.X recovery. That will allow you to then flash a KK rom if you want. You cannot flash the KK rom from the recovery that comes with the kernel you downloaded from the link above.

Last edited:

NOOBHEADFORLIFE

Mar 3, 2013
Dennerey
Here is the thread. Hope it helps. Just be careful to pick the right file in post two.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2293576

Remember again as noted above this is a kernel and recovery that can be flashed as a zip from stock (Samsung!!!) Rom and stock recovery. That is the beauty of it. Then you can use that to flash the Cyanogen Mod of your choice.

If you are on JB then choose that kernel/recovery. Then you need to flash a JB 10.1.3 CM Rom which will then give you the 6.0.4.X recovery. That will allow you to then flash a KK rom if you want. You cannot flash the KK rom from the recovery that comes with the kernel you downloaded from the link above.

thanks for the reply bro but right about now i am running a custom 4.2.2 cm on my phone and i have cwm recovery v6.0.3.6 installed . so let me ask you this , if i re install 4.1.2 cm rom and i download the and install the modded kernel from thr link you gave me . will my cwm recovery be updated to the 6.0.4.x or it will just stay on the v6.0.3.4 ?? because im looking to install the kk rom on my s2 .

walttheboss

thanks for the reply bro but right about now i am running a custom 4.2.2 cm on my phone and i have cwm recovery v6.0.3.6 installed . so let me ask you this , if i re install 4.1.2 cm rom and i download the and install the modded kernel from thr link you gave me . will my cwm recovery be updated to the 6.0.4.x or it will just stay on the v6.0.3.4 ?? because im looking to install the kk rom on my s2 .
Dennery,

Sorry I misunderstood you. You are right. Just flash the latest CM 10 which should update you to 6.0.4.7 which is KK compatible. Flashing KK on this will work.

There is a setting on some ROMS in the developor options that lets you choose whether or not recovery will be updated. Make sure this is checked if your current ROM has this option.

NOOBHEADFORLIFE

Mar 3, 2013
Dennerey
Its all good bro . when I wrote the first post asking you how you got your cwm recovery 6.0.4 up and running , I was on stock android and stock recovery . but just about a hour and a half to two hours later I got to install cwm recovery and install a cm ROM . and you said something about some cm ROM's have the option to update the cwm recovery in the development option ! Right about now I'm running the latest cm 10.1.3 I downloaded from CyanogenMod website and not from a xda thread , so maybe that's why it don't have the option to update my cwm recovery to the latest version.

So can't I just install cm 4.1.2 and try and start from there to get cwm recovery v6.0.4.x or its better to just look for a cwm recovery v6.0.4.x zip file or a modded kernel and flash it the my phone ?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA Free mobile app

NOOBHEADFORLIFE

Mar 3, 2013
Dennerey
Its all good bro . when I wrote the first post asking you how you got your cwm recovery 6.0.4 up and running , I was on stock android and stock recovery . but just about a hour and a half to two hours later I got to install cwm recovery and install a cm ROM . and you said something about some cm ROM's have the option to update the cwm recovery in the development option ! Right about now I'm running the latest cm 10.1.3 I downloaded from CyanogenMod website and not from a xda thread , so maybe that's why it don't have the option to update my cwm recovery to the latest version.

So can't I just install cm 4.1.2 and try and start from there to get cwm recovery v6.0.4.x or its better to just look for a cwm recovery v6.0.4.x zip file or a modded kernel and flash it the my phone ?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA Free mobile app

hey bro , ( I HOPE YOU DONT MIND ME CALLING YOU BRO :D) i found this link http://goo.im/devs/cm/i9100g/nightly...TLY-i9100g.zip to download CM 4.3.1 rom that can update your cwm recovery to v6.0.4x . i gave it a try and it updated my cwm recovery to v6.0.4.5 , the only down fall is its not the touch screen version ! oh well its still better than nothing though . THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND EVERYTHING BRO :good::good:

efex09

Jun 6, 2014
Kanpur
This is actually for installing cwm and an insecure kernel...with an insecure kernel, then you can root with other methods such as super one click as stated in the first post...:)

Sir
i m using android 2.3.6 and this is kernel for ICS (as written in download link on first page)
will it work for 2.3.6 also?

toppits

May 15, 2012
Obviously it won't.
Just out of curiosity: why are you still using 2.3.6 anyway?

toppits

May 15, 2012
You have the I9100G right?
This kernel here is like the oldest custom Kernel there is for our phone, you should not use it.
kk is not 4.2, kk is 4.4, but whichever ROM you want to flash, use this kernel here. Use the v16, TWRP is the easiest in my opinion. Just put it on your external sd-card (I hope you have one), then boot into stock recovery and flash it. Turn your phone off, boot into recovery again, now you have TWRP, flash whichever ROM you want. No need to flash the Kernel again, each of the ROMs comes with an own Kernel.

Reactions: jamal2198

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CLOCKWORKMOD-RECOVERY FOR GALAXY S II (GT-I9100G)

This is a kernel including ClockworkMod Recovery for use on Samsung roms.
    Don't use this kernel on aosp based roms like CyanogenMod!!!

Instructions
    • Power your device off
    • Boot into Download-Mode using Volume Down + Home + Power
    • Hit Volume Up to accept the warning
    • Start Odin
    • Choose "GT-I9100G_XX_ClockworkMod-Recovery_X.X.X.X.tar" as PDA (no repartition)
    • Connect your Phone
    • Start flashing
    • After reboot you can easily root your device using SuperOneClick

Usage
    Volume Up + Home + Power boots your Phone into Recovery Mode.

Volume up: Highlight up
    Volume down: Highlight down
    Home: select
    Power: back

Downloads

https://github.com/teamhacksung/GT-I9100G_ClockworkMod-Recovery

Instructions
    - git clone git://github.com:teamhacksung/GT-I9100G_ClockworkMod-Recovery.git
    - modify build.sh to fit your needs
    - execute it, the final zImage and a flashable tar for odin will be at out/ dir

This is a good base for kernel cooks to start hacking.
    updated the GB version.
    fixes for vibration and proximity from sakindia123.
    Hey codeworkx,
    Can you implement BLN to the kernel? Is it possible?
    And can you make the kernel caped to 1200 not 1080?

Thanks for your effort :)

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

I don't want to waste time on a "stock" kernel.
    I'm CyanogenMod dev and created this kernel to have a stable clockworkmod recovery for diving into the CyanogenMod world. ;-)
    updated

codeworkx anyway to decompile a zimage for 4.0.4 and merging CWM into the ramdisk. It would probably fix the bluetooth

Possible but i'm not wasting my time on it.
    I don't care about stock roms.

This kernel is basically just to help getting onto CM. ;)