When buying your S2 in China, you while probably have the bad surprise to discover Google Play is not installed on the device.
Even by installing some .apk downloaded from the web doesn't solve the issue.
I managed to got mine working. Here's how i did.
I find the hint here
You'll need to Root your device first
Here's how it goes:
1) Install GoogleServicesFramework.apk
This seems to be the issue, as when you install it you can see the permissions Google requires, and pretty much says it can access ALL the data in your phone, even the private stuff. You've been warned. (what did you expect? it's still Google after all)
2) Install Google Play with any .apk you can find, as system app (see bellow):
Instructions (Thanks to Bandage)
-1. Transfer the .apk files to your Kindle Fire via PC / Mac (remember where you put them)
- 2. Open Root Explorer App, and navigate to the transferred .apk files
- 3. Select the GoogleServiceFramework.apk and install
- 4. When complete, click "Done" and return to the file location for Vending.apk
- 5. Long-press Vending.apk and select the "Move" option on pop-up menu
Navigate to /system/app folder
- 6. Change mount option from RO to RW (read-only to read-write)
Paste Vending.apk into the /system/app folder
- 7. Long-press Vending.apk and select "Permissions" from pop-up menu
Change permissions to match all other apps in this folder (rw-r--r--)
- 8. Install Vending.apk
- 9. Reboot device
3) Launch Google Play
You should now be able to input your account and login.
For the first login, you will probably need to turn on both Wifi and APN (also can try turning off Wifi and only use APN).
You can now browse the market, but still can not install any apps.
Final step: You'll need to send some e-mail to Google (go to google play web site -> help). Explain the problem, they need to allow Play to be used by your device.
Took me a couple e-mail to get it right. The google team was very kind open to help (unlike samsung).
Go ahead and install any app you want
I recommend starting by installing Market Unlocker (especially for those in China). It lets you get the market as if you where in another country.
Hope this has been useful.
And don't forget to press the Thanks button
I actually did this a while ago (I wanted to try it out first before sharing). So i may be forgetting some specific points. Let me know how it turns out for you so i can update this How To.
May the force be with you