This kernel allows you to set the CPU frequency beyond the stock rated frequencies. Do this at your own risk! I will not be responsible for any damage to your device if you do so!
It seems there's a dearth of kernels for JB 4.3 AOSP-based ROM for the i9100g. So I'm deciding to share my own custom kernel for those who want some alternative to the the built-in kernels on the AOSP/CM10.2-based ROMS.
I can't think of a fancy name for this, so let's just call it aidfarh's kernel for now.
Any feedback is welcome.
- Based on Mokee v43 kernel, which is based on CM10.2 kernel
- Updated to Linux version 3.0.98
- TWRP 2.6.3 recovery
- USB fastcharge available (disabled by default)
- Interactive V2 by imoseyon
- InteractiveX by imoseyon
- I/O schedulers:
- Dynamic management of dirty page writebacks
- Some optimisations - hard float, some cache optimisations, disabled tracing
- Added 200 & 1350 MHz CPU frequencies. Overclock/underclock at your own risk!
- Updated row scheduler to V4 and tweaked default settings.
- Modified power.t1.so and included in kernel zip.
- Prevent omap4 duty cycle from overriding user selected cpu max_frequency.
- Optimize cpufreq transition latency.
- Update to make it work with new multi-sim feature in CM-10.2.
- Updated to Linux kernel version 3.0.101.
- Added SIO scheduler.
- Android 4.4 (built on Omnirom 4.4 source tree).
- Released different versions for Omnirom 4.4 and CM11.
- Omnirom 4.4 version - fix max frequency behaviour (power.t1.so)
This kernel should work with any CM10.2 based ROM. Tested on CM10.2 and Mokee
It would probably also work with non-CM AOSP 4.3 based ROM, but due to differences in implementation, some features might not work 100%.
I've produced two versions of this kernel. One is compatible with Omnirom 4.4 and the other is compatible with CM11. Compatibility with other Android 4.4 roms is unknown.
Flash the zip in CWM or TWRP recovery.
- codeworkx and the cyanogenmod team
- Omnirom team
- Ryuinferno and the Mokee team - this kernel uses the Mokee kernel as the starting point
- imoseyon and leanKernel devs - some commits were cherry picked from the leanKernel source
- Team Win Recovery Project Team
- Google and Samsung
- Linus Torvalds and all Linux developers
Omnirom 4.4 compatible:
Kernel source code
My github (device settings etc.)