[ROM][GT-I9100G][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds! [>60FPS][ROCK-SOLID]

Would you run CyanogenMod on your I9100G?

• Yes, can't wait!

Votes: 1,558 94.5%
  • No, there's no need for it.

Votes: 90 5.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

lifenexus

Sep 8, 2010
Michigan
I love only that specific samsung keypad

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

install go keyboard with samsung theme. i prefer swiftkey. its the best. it predicts my typing like no other..

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
- READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100G:Frequently_Asked_Questions
- Make sure you're running ICS bootloaders! (if you're unsure, flash a official ICS rom and proceed)
- Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
- Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM9 zip from internal SDCard
- Flash GApps zip from internal SDCard
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
- Reboot
- Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

I am sorry if this answered before cause I gave up after reading 89 pages of this post. I wanted to install CM9 as I know this is the best supported ROM on the planet. Code say that we can't restore apps using Titanium Backup, but I have a game which I need to restore the progress after I install CM9 and wipe out everything, how do I do that? or is there no other way and I need to install the game and play all over again? (3 months of hard work)... Sorry for the noob question.[/QUOTE]
i restored using titanium backup. dont restore system apps. Another awesome alternative is GO backup. Does an excellent job

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Flash light tool does not work on omap based processors...install a third party app which does it from play store

Thank me if I was of any help...

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

Cyanogenmod 9 - ver20120604
Stock CM9 kernel
V6 supercharged

how did you install the v6 supercharger?

CustomKill

Mar 26, 2011
i've done everything according to it but now i can't even boot my phone.. keep stuck at bootloop.. even if i manage to boot and back to cm9 homescreen, i cant get into recovery not by power button>reboot>recovery or power off + volume up + menu button.. and things gone worse is i cant restore my back up from MyBackup, the file is there but the apps cannot track the path.. now my phone seriously messed up.. i've done re-flashing rom/kernel and everything.. please i need help :(

walauu

Apr 7, 2012
i've done everything according to it but now i can't even boot my phone.. keep stuck at bootloop.. even if i manage to boot and back to cm9 homescreen, i cant get into recovery not by power button>reboot>recovery or power off + volume up + menu button.. and things gone worse is i cant restore my back up from MyBackup, the file is there but the apps cannot track the path.. now my phone seriously messed up.. i've done re-flashing rom/kernel and everything.. please i need help :(

Flash with ICS stock rom first. And then flash CM9.

iXanza

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
1. Flash Stock ROM
2. Flash LP7 Kernel.
3. wipe data/factory reset.
You can now boot in to stock ics.
4. install cm9.zip
5. install gapps.zip
6. wipe data/factory reset.
reboot phone

fryroyal

Dec 22, 2011
Becks town
No problem. A lot of people have mentioned this and codeworkx said a few days ago that it isn't supported yet. No ideas as to when/if it will be working so until then, I just use the "Tiny flashlight +LED" app which has a decent on/off widget that has always worked for me, regardless of phone model or ROM.

Thanks,
will try the app.
But it would be awesome if codeworx will implement it.

Another question:
The stock kernel which comes with cm9 doesn`t seem to support cifs, right?
Does somebody know if another kernel for cm9 support it?

Thank yall!

Metallico

Apr 21, 2012
Montevideo (Uruguay)
install go keyboard with samsung theme. i prefer swiftkey. its the best. it predicts my typing like no other..

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

I am sorry if this answered before cause I gave up after reading 89 pages of this post. I wanted to install CM9 as I know this is the best supported ROM on the planet. Code say that we can't restore apps using Titanium Backup, but I have a game which I need to restore the progress after I install CM9 and wipe out everything, how do I do that? or is there no other way and I need to install the game and play all over again? (3 months of hard work)... Sorry for the noob question.
i restored using titanium backup. dont restore system apps. Another awesome alternative is GO backup. Does an excellent job

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

how did you install the v6 supercharger?[/QUOTE]

Titanium works but you don must restore all data.
You should restore only games+data.

Dont restore every data because its from Gb and you will get issues.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

full2000

Sep 29, 2007
Germany
Really great ROM! :)

But I still have two little problems:

1. Does the ROM Manager work? On my phone the ROM Manager stucks while trying to backup the system.

2. BLN does'n work for me. BLN notification ist turned on (settings->display) but it does not work.

codeworkx

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2010
Bad Neustadt
so no AOKP rom for i9100G ? :p

Wrong Thread!

Really great ROM! :)

But I still have two little problems:

1. Does the ROM Manager work? On my phone the ROM Manager stucks while trying to backup the system.

2. BLN does'n work for me. BLN notification ist turned on (settings->display) but it does not work.

Dunno if ROM-Manager support is done yet. Afaik koush was working on it. But really don't know if he finished.

Reactions: H15@M

PoedelPCS

Sep 14, 2011
Coesfeld
Xiaomi Mi 11
Dunno if ROM-Manager support is done yet. Afaik koush was working on it. But really don't know if he finished.

As my phone is recognized as an SGS1 he has apparently not yet finished :)

But CWM Manager backed up my fone as good as in CWM Recovery Mode.

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

sorry for that n00by question: what is BLN?

jcmak

Jan 6, 2012
Swipe to call/ sms

Works great at the moment! Thanks codey!

One question, does the swipe to call/sms work under the contact?

Top Liked Posts