LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
This is an UNOFFICIAL build of LineageOS 13.0 for Samsung Galaxy S2 G (I9100G). It's build from sources on github.com/cyanogenmod & github.com/xdaamg. Standard functionalities are working, when you follow flash instructions. Android 6.0.1 is running smooth on this device. Please read 'problems and not working'-section before you flash this ROM.
By flashing a custom rom, your warranty is void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards and so on. You are choosing to make these modifications.
I will not give support for any modifications, frameworks and apps you install.
I will not give support, if you did not follow flash instructions 'word by word'.
Confirmations of working things are welcome. If you found a bug, provide a logcat and description of it.
- Backup your media files (photo, music, downloads) stored on internal storage
- Download LineageOS i9100g ROM, OpenGApps (ARM, Android 6.0, Stock) and .gapps-config.zip (details see below) to your sdcard. Extract .gapps-config.zip to same place as your opengapps file on sdcard, usually root of sdcard.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery. If you don't have TWRP 22.214.171.124, flash TWRP and reboot into twrp recovery. Then wipe system, data, internal, dalvik and cache.
- Flash LineageOS 13.0 rom and OpenGApps Stock with .gapps-config file. It will install opengapps nano and replace aosp keyboard with google keyboard. Reboot system and follow instructions in setup wizard. After finishing all, reboot again.
- To get root access, download su-arm-i9100g.zip and flash it in twrp recovery
- Set default phone app, before you make your first call. Go to "Settings/Apps/Advanced/Default Apps/Phone App" and set it to "Phone".
Updating Lineage 13.0 ROM:
- Download Lineage 13.0 i9100g ROM to your phone
- Boot into recovery and install LinageOS 13.0 i9100g ROM and reboot system
Download I9100G LineageOS 13.0 ROM UNOFFICIAL:
Download i9100g LineageOS 13.0 20180131
Support development of this rom:
If you find this rom useful, consider donating please. Your donation helps to keep this rom alive and is your chance to support development.
Download Google Apps:
Open GApps (recommended: ARM, 6.0, Stock (Download))
Download .gapps-config file:
Download root 'su', flash with twrp and activate under 'developer settings':
Android-Version: 6.0.1 (R81)
Security patch level: 01.01.2018
Standard functionalities working:
Telefon, sms, wifi, data 2g/3g, grafics, sensors, compass, location, camera, flashlight, vpn, wifi hotspot, playstore.
- TWRP IsoRec: Booting TWRP from recovery partition + supports booting TWRP 3.0+ build for i9100 device
- F2FS: Flash-friendly file system supported (data, cache, sdcard)
- zram support: virtual swap compressed in RAM
- Best standby times by supporting app standby (doze)
- Higly responsive, smooth gui
- First i9100g android 6.0 rom and only one which still gets updates
Changelog LineageOS & i9100g device tree:
Lineage 13.0 changes
20170609: Upgrade CyanogenMod 13.0 to LineageOS 13.0
20170611: Touchkey Backlight fixed
20170922: Updated sources to latest Android 6.0.1 R80; Security fix in kernel: net/bluetooth to fix 'blueborn' problem
20171024: Updated sources to latest Android 6.0.1 R81; Security fix in kernel: net/mac80211 to fix wifi security problem; security fixes in wpa_supplicant to fix wifi wpa2 connections
20171226: november/december 2017 android security fixes; various lineage os changes
20180131: January 2018 android security fixes; hardware_ti_omap4 changes
- Manual selection of network carrier is not supported -> use automatic network search
- Snap camera supports picture and video recording. Panorama mode is not supported (but working with some other camera apps). Digital zoom is not supported.
- Some display features are not supported, for example 'night mode'
Problems and/or not working:
- Sound distortions with some codecs and sample rates. In some situations or with some codecs, sound/ringtones etc. sounds like with some kind of electronical effect. -> try different equalizer settings or use cm12.1, if audio quality is not accectable for you
- GPS does not find enough satellites to get a location fix -> use cm-12.1 if you need this feature. This bug could be solved by replacing proprietary libstlport.so with opensource external libstlport.so, but this breaks simcard detection.
When you found a bug/error/problem, post a logcat with description. Postings without these informations are likely to be ignored.
- Root: To get root access, download su-arm-i9100g.zip and flash with twrp. Then go to settings/about phone and touch build-number seven (7) times. This will activate developer settings. Then go to settings/developer settings/root access and set it to apps only or apps and adb.
- Recovery: LineageOS 13.0 comes with Cyanogen Recovery by default. But this rom supports booting IsoRec TWRP recovery. If recovery is not working, enter 'download mode' and flash a new recovery via odin, for example TWRP 126.96.36.199.
- Bluetooth connections to headsets, speakers -> When you have connection problems try to disable battery optimisations for your audio app: go to settings/battery, select menu on top right and choose 'optimisation', in dropdown menu choose 'all applications' and select your music player app (for example cyanogenmod eleven), select 'not to optizime'. Reboot after you set this option.
- Android security patch level: Google releases monthly security updates. Security bulletin is split into different security patch levels. Relevant for i9100g lineage 13 is only first part of this bulletin, for example patch level 2017-05-01, with changes in aosp source code. These issues gets fixed with an updated lineage 13.0 rom. Other issues mentioned in drivers and kernel are device specific. We could be affected by this errors or similar bugs, but only manufactor of this hardware could update (driver) binaries (and they don't care about old devices). The same with kernel bugs, i9100g kernel could be affected by this errors too, but there are no active kernel developers for this device and so these problems will often stay unfixed.
- Galery app: If galery app does not display all your albums/pictures/video for example of your sdcard: Open file explorer and search for a file '.nomedia' on your sdcard root/picture/video folder. If it's there, delete it. It tells android not to index this folder. Then make a new folder on your sdcard, for example 'media'. Move your pictures/videos/music to your new media folder. Mediascanner will scan these files automatically now and they should be visible in gallery app.
- Low app space: If you are low on app data storage, think about repartitioning your phone storage. 4 or 6 gb should be sufficient even for many apps. Follow instructions in this thread. Alternatively use Lanchon Repit Tool.
- Battery: Display and data connections/syncing use most energy. I suggest to reduce display brightness to a minimum or switch off adaptive brightness. Also switch off background data connections/syncing for apps you don't use or which will be updated when you really use it.
- After first flash give phone some extra time to complete all tasks, even when it's reacting already to your inputs, it's working hard. Wait some minutes. It's also a good idea to do another reboot after some time. This solved some problems in the past.
- Force closes: If you are experiencing force closes try first to clean cache/dalvik cache in recovery. If it's still not working, go to settings/apps, find the offending app and clear data. Still no solution? Then do a clean flash with factory reset and re-install apps without importing backups.
TWRP Recovery only signed (recovery, without lineageos):
Download TWRP 188.8.131.52 Recovery only signed
Download TWRP 184.108.40.206 Recovery only signed TAR for Odin
Lineage 13.0 ROM archive (outdated, you should only use it, if latest build is not working for you):
I9100G LineageOS 13.0 Android 6.0.1, ROM for the i9100
Source Code: http://github.com/xdaamg
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: LineageOS
Current Beta Version: 20180131
Beta Release Date: 2018-01-31
Last Updated 2018-02-01