I9100 Modem reviews - India - User based results

Search This thread
I9100T modem for india

Hi,

I have a I9100T from Australia which was on Telstra network. I have gotten this to India and currently on the Airtel network. I have I9100T specific modem (DVLS3). My question is the following.
Can I use it as is in India or is it advisable to change the modem to be India specific. It has been working fine till now. The place where i am living has some places where i have very poor signal. Will this get better if I change to India specific modem.
I am on Omnirom and have Gustavo kernel. There has been some murmurs in the thread about baseband problems. I need to verify the same, if it is kernel specific. Anyways inputs from all you people would be very helpful so that I can get the best possible out of my phone and connection. I will be around here for some period to come and hence this query. Thanks in advance for all the help. Cheers.

schizovivek

Aug 11, 2011
Mumbai
Hi,

I have a I9100T from Australia which was on Telstra network. I have gotten this to India and currently on the Airtel network. I have I9100T specific modem (DVLS3). My question is the following.
Can I use it as is in India or is it advisable to change the modem to be India specific. It has been working fine till now. The place where i am living has some places where i have very poor signal. Will this get better if I change to India specific modem.
I am on Omnirom and have Gustavo kernel. There has been some murmurs in the thread about baseband problems. I need to verify the same, if it is kernel specific. Anyways inputs from all you people would be very helpful so that I can get the best possible out of my phone and connection. I will be around here for some period to come and hence this query. Thanks in advance for all the help. Cheers.

use bbs to see if you're facing any baseband drain .. if not i dont think you have much to worry about
also check to see if others are getting better reception where you arent (same service provider).. if so only then look into a different modem..
otherwise there is no need to do anything

just for the sake of it you could flash one of the modems to see the difference (it'd take about 2 days to really settle though)

sukhi.priceless

Nov 18, 2012
TORONTO
Modem: DDLS9
Provider: Reliance
Region: Mumbai (Thane)
Rom: Linaro/Sabermod CM11 with Gustavo_s's kernel
Speeds: Screenies attached!
Modem Feedback: This is my initial feedback, I'll update this post if I face heating or any other issues. The differences are pretty clear though. I was on XXMS4 for a long long time. Reception slash connectivity is damn good (much better) on DDLS9 compared to XXMS4. I have full signal in places where signal would drop down to 1 bar at times on XXMS4, call quality is good too on DDLS9 (suffered from dropped calls on XXMS4).
:fingers-crossed: no heating issues :fingers-crossed:
Regards,
Omkar
EDIT : searched this thread and i got the file :)

i need DDLS9 modem .. can u share it ?? or if u have a link to DDLS9 modem plz gshare it

Last edited:
Reactions: schizovivek

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The why:
    So till date I didn't really feel this was required as after the first few months of me buying the phone (2011) I had already put a modem that was pretty smooth for me....

Jumped from GB to ICS to JB without any issues (mostly on CM based ROMs). In JB I started trying of Sammy Based ROMs
    But recently after soft bricking my phone thrice on Sammy Based JB ROMs I decided to go back to AOSP/AOKP

The first thing that I noticed was my phone heating up even when I hadn't restored any of my apps. Now since it was ages since I had the modem issue I thought it was the media scanner bug that was heating my phone but a quick look showed that it wasn't the case.

My modem here was LS8
    What made me realize twas a modem issue was the dropped calls and the continuous voice cracks the other person would experience from my end.

So I've started this thread in hope that ppl could share the Modem/Provider/Region details so that at least region wise we can come up with a consolidated list of modems that work or don't

Here's what I'd expect ppl to note down when they post their experience about a particular modem:
    Modem Name (LS8/LS6 etc)
    Provider (Vodafone/Airtel etc)
    Region (where you are currently locate/where all you've used the modem.. Eg: Mumbai-Andheri West/Mumbai-Malad East)
    3G Speeds (screenshots of speedtest or numbers would be helpful if someone wants to share)
    ROM details (CM10.1/Rootbox etc)
    Modem Feedback

I will consolidate the list of modems with positive reviews region wise in post 2

(my reviews i'll post a lil later)
    DDLS9 modem and RIL zip

in case someone wants to try it out
    I was having a hard time finding a good modem for Taiwan until I saw that OP recommended XXLS6. Initially I was skeptical about using an older modem, but I tried it last night and it was great! I lost 0% battery over 9 hours deep sleep and 3G speeds are great!

attachment.php
    My result with latest DDLS9 Modem which came with latest jellybean....I am getting pretty good 3g speed....not sure abt heat as just installed it without RIL.....I am in Bangalore......
    Am on omega rom, using ls8 modem now.. I'd like to try that modem..:)

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II

here u go mate ...

Edit:
    This has RIL as LS8 .. I had just updated the modem.bin file on an existing zip