G

GuestK0079

Re: [05/02] INDEX of ROMs [Android Development Forum]

@marc.knuckle You are joking, right ?

Sent from my S2

G

GuestK0079

Re: [05/02] INDEX of ROMs [Android Development Forum]

This i a index of roms thread. For everything else google and xda are your friends. :)

Sent from my S2

shahrozeumar

Dec 22, 2012
Karachi
This i a index of roms thread. For everything else google and xda are your friends. :)

Sent from my S2
If I want good speed and better battery life then should I go for GB stock based ROMs? I had been using custom ROMs and didn't like the graphics so switched to stock based JB ROMs. But now my phone heats up more and drains more battery than when on GB. Suggestions please?

zozobp

Sep 8, 2009
If I want good speed and better battery life then should I go for GB stock based ROMs? I had been using custom ROMs and didn't like the graphics so switched to stock based JB ROMs. But now my phone heats up more and drains more battery than when on GB. Suggestions please?

I have the same problem.

I tried 7-9 ROMS and all of it was draining the battery to dry. Druing a night i loose all my battery from 100% to 0%.

No gps no 3g no wifi and everry app is killed with advanced task killer before i go to bad.
Whats wrong with these ROMS?

If i remove the battery and put it back after 90 sec i immideatly loose 20%

I tried to install Lean Kernel from CWM and it said install completed but sill DPI kernel on my one. How to install it?

I rebooted into CWM and i runned the cleaning script then i tried to upload the lean kernel and it said installation completed. Then went back to my rom the "android is upgrading" message poped up. Then it otpimising apps. But when i go to check kernel version its still DPI there..... i dont know what am i doing it noob way,,, I am going to crazy....

Last edited:

shahrozeumar

Dec 22, 2012
Karachi
I have the same problem.

I tried 7-9 ROMS and all of it was draining the battery to dry. Druing a night i loose all my battery from 100% to 0%.

No gps no 3g no wifi and everry app is killed with advanced task killer before i go to bad.

I tried to install Lean Kernel from CWM and it said install completed but sill DPI kernel on my one. How to install it?

I rebooted into CWM and i runned the cleaning script then i tried to upload the lean kernel and it said installation completed. Then went back to my rom the "android is upgrading" message poped up. Then it otpimising apps. But when i go to check kernel version its still DPI there..... i dont know what am i doing it noob way,,, I am going to crazy....
First of all I would suggest you flash stock based roms to make everything fuctional like GPS, Camcorder etc. And before flashing any stock based roms in CWM do a full wipe (Wipe data/Factory reset + Wipe cache + Wipe dalvik cache under advanced + Wipe battery stats(make sure your phone is fully charged as you do this) + Format system under mounts and storage). Follow the same order and then use kernel wipe script as well. I know battery drains quickly on Stock based custom roms like NeatROM, Alliance Rom etc. but its not like it would fall that rapidly or exponentially as you mentioned. I would recommend find GB based roms and flash them. Works pretty much fast and battery drains slowly.

P.S. Press thanks if I helped :p

zozobp

Sep 8, 2009
First of all I would suggest you flash stock based roms to make everything fuctional like GPS, Camcorder etc. And before flashing any stock based roms in CWM do a full wipe (Wipe data/Factory reset + Wipe cache + Wipe dalvik cache under advanced + Wipe battery stats(make sure your phone is fully charged as you do this) + Format system under mounts and storage). Follow the same order and then use kernel wipe script as well. I know battery drains quickly on Stock based custom roms like NeatROM, Alliance Rom etc. but its not like it would fall that rapidly or exponentially as you mentioned. I would recommend find GB based roms and flash them. Works pretty much fast and battery drains slowly.

Definitely i will do what you wrote and will see. Now i can hold my phone in my pocket aprox 3-4 hours and its fully discharged (without wifi and other idiot live walpapper and so on..Fast Dormacy off). I have to find a charger and charge it for 4 hour again. Then i unpluging. Not using and after 3-4 hours its discharged again...

Reactions: andydidacus

GaboWinter

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 26, 2011
Kadath
Re: [18/02] INDEX of ROMs [Android Development Forum]

Hi gabo, i have posted in the RR thread but thought it best to post here as it is more relevant to this thread.

I want to Dual boot RR with a jelly bean rom based on Samsung close to stock but rooted. I simply miss some Samsung things such as mhl.

I tried the biftor rom in your first post but when pressing volume down at boot it just started the 3 second countdown again. I tried again and same result so i did volume up for the 1st rom and everything went black, i had to keep power pressed for about 30 seconds to turn off then boot to recovery and delete that 2nd rom.

I am not sure if it was a problem with RR, that second rom or siyah vsync kernel.

First, do you have an idea what went wrong? Second can you recommend one of the roms in this thread that would work as there is only one that says about dual boot in its name?

I have the same problem.

Guys, I recommend to you go to the [Newbies][Recognized Contributors] New members friendly Q&A thread... I'm pretty sure that you can find there all the answers to your questions, this isn't because I don't want to help it's because this thread it isn't for that purpose.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

zozobp

Sep 8, 2009
Reactions: andydidacus

andydidacus

Oct 24, 2012
kota kinabalu (BORNEO)
ive seen all the listed rom including the updated..so my question is.. none of the samsung base 4.1.2 rom has video call support..the only 1 rom that has video call support is the offcial stock jb from polland which has all the bloated apps which is not needed...
is there any other rom in that samsung base 4.1.2 that support video call+debloated of course..
correct me if i'm wrong or maybe i missed 1 rom+ pls sugest. thank u (i did press thank button too) n_n

andydidacus

Oct 24, 2012
kota kinabalu (BORNEO)

ive seen all the listed rom including the updated..so my question is.. none of the samsung base 4.1.2 rom has video call support..the only 1 rom that has video call support is the offcial stock jb from polland which has all the bloated apps which is not needed...
is there any other rom in that samsung base 4.1.2 that support video call+debloated of course..
correct me if i'm wrong or maybe i missed 1 rom+ pls sugest. thank u (i did press thank button too) n_n

sorry biftor did just answer my q on his thread..thanx..

Sent from my GT-N7000

edbertin

May 18, 2012

@GaboWinter i think @kalgecin stopped to build SGS2 rom based on AOSP CM10.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Reactions: GaboWinter

nishadh

Jun 28, 2011
Mumbai
Nothing in this list can be compared to criskelo's or sensation's beautiful themes. Or did i miss something. I tried a couple, including alliance but no joy. After criskelo moved on to s3 no one has been able to fill his shoes. I mean no disrespect to all the developers here working hard to provide their roms. A big thumbs up to all of them, this is just my choice.

astrogambit78

Mar 19, 2012
Angono
Nothing in this list can be compared to criskelo's or sensation's beautiful themes. Or did i miss something. I tried a couple, including alliance but no joy. After criskelo moved on to s3 no one has been able to fill his shoes. I mean no disrespect to all the developers here working hard to provide their roms. A big thumbs up to all of them, this is just my choice.

well if you can't find a ROM suitable for your needs then just try to live with it or, if you love his ROM then buy a S3

keyur1401

Jan 23, 2013
SuperNexus ?!?

I didn't see SuperNexus in the list. I am sorry if I have mistaken but its one of the best ROM. Thanks !

Top Liked Posts