FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

My Android OS drain culprit -

387 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

By Locster126, Senior Member on 14th June 2011, 07:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Edit: just so u know that that the process irq/325-k3g is causing the android os issue. Once again this process is only visible in the free app osmonitor. I let it run wild for couple of hours and it drained my battery excessively and also made android os go up to 50% battery usage. So it seems the culprit for the android os drain is process irq/325-k3g.

The process is just showing consumption when the drain happens and NOT all the time. So if u see your battery dropping quickly have a look to see if the process is consuming CPU . /Edit

Right, so ive observed lately that when my battery starts dropping % quickly that a process called irq/k325-k3g is consuming a lot of CPU.

This is only visible with the app osmonitor under process.

This randomly happens and seems to be triggered by the stock browser.

If the process kicks up it won't stop on its own, I can't stop that process in osmonitor and thus causing excessive battery drain cause it continousely uses cpu. The only way to stop this process is by killing internet (browser.apk).

I had the same problem on all roms I've tried so maybe someone else suffering from this find this helpful.

This doesn't solve the root of the problem but atleast its a temp fix.

Any feedback appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
14th June 2011, 12:43 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
i feel your pain , i am getting almost 10% drain per hour
14th June 2011, 02:54 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
LONDON

More
So nobody experiencing battery drain caused by the above process?

14th June 2011, 03:18 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The problem is that everyone is quite about this problem. Battery life is rubbish and no one is putting forward any advice or detailed fix for the problem.

So back to your solution mate, does this process work when you use opera mini? I never use the stock browser.

Kind regards,
Sul
14th June 2011, 03:23 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
A coworker showed me his SGS2 today : uptime 2days 23h and still 39% battery remaining..

config :
1) No airplane mode
2) No wifi at all
3) No gapps autosync
4) No task killer
5) some phone calls (20 minutes), a few sms and browsing. A little gaming too..

I have the same config : but poweroff after 1d and 6 hours...

irritating
14th June 2011, 05:18 PM |#6  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 345

More
I've had 2 different units and found the battery life to be awesome on each one. I'm wondering whether users previous handsets are coming in to play i.e. are they coming from Blackberrys or old Nokias?

Quietness on a certain issue tends to point to most people not suffering from it.

Regards.
14th June 2011, 05:45 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxFulder_CH

A coworker showed me his SGS2 today : uptime 2days 23h and still 39% battery remaining..

config :
1) No airplane mode
2) No wifi at all
3) No gapps autosync
4) No task killer
5) some phone calls (20 minutes), a few sms and browsing. A little gaming too..

I have the same config : but poweroff after 1d and 6 hours...

irritating

why he did not got a usual phone .

The problem is the huge battery drain in idle mode , i had a galaxy s before the drain was 1.5% per hours now i am getting 8-10% per hour

a non sense
14th June 2011, 05:51 PM |#8  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 9

More
To be honest I thought my battery life on my Nokia N900 was crappy, max 2 days, usually though 1 1/2 days but coming on to my first Android, battery lasts me less than 17 hours on average lol

I was surprised, I was expecting more actually considering it is a more mature OS than Maemo, might have better battery management. Guess I was wrong haha.

That said I keep my phone charged to my PC when ever I am at work so it doesnt really bother me much.
14th June 2011, 05:57 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Ever thought that maybe you've all got an awesome phone, maybe just playing with it quite a lot more than you would have any other phone.

I know i am, but when i had a day off playing it lasted 2days with 37% left.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
14th June 2011, 06:07 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
LONDON

More
Sorry guys, this thread is about some rogue system process that causes battery drain, possible triggered by the browser, very specific issue.

so please lets not turn this into a typical "my battery is bad/good" thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to Locster126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Locster126 Ad-Free
14th June 2011, 06:11 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
All I can say is a factory reset doubled my battery life and fixed my problems
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)