Thanks Meter: 4

More
All I can say is a factory reset doubled my battery life and fixed my problems
14th June 2011, 07:12 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 377

More
An explantion by a google engineer for the battery drain issue:

Comment 297 by [email protected], Apr 7, 2011
A problem has been identified in the driver for the wifi device on the Nexus One (bcm4329). The problem can cause the phone to repeatedly enter its suspend state and immediately wake up, resulting in a severe degradation of battery life. The problem has only been observed on Nexus One running the Gingerbread updates to the wifi driver and device firmware, although the driver is used in other phones as well. A fix is in the works, but I don't have information on a release at this time.

Turning off the wifi device, or modifying the wifi sleep policy to never sleep, may avoid the problem in the meantime.

http://code.google.com/p/android/iss...?id=15057#c297
14th June 2011, 07:20 PM |#13  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 345

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locster126

Sorry guys, this thread is about some rogue system process that causes battery drain, possible triggered by the browser, very specific issue.

so please lets not turn this into a typical "my battery is bad/good" thread.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Good luck..... I'll drop in when the thread has hit 10 pages of random battery chat and try and find a mention of the relevant process!

Seriously though, I'll keep an eye on the process and see if I notice what you say in the OP.

Regards.
14th June 2011, 07:28 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 377

More
Here is a more exhaustive explanation:

Comment 261 by [email protected], Apr 20, 2011
@nsbu: The message about "'uart_clk' not off" looks alarming but is actually harmless -- this clock doesn't prevent the SoC from suspending, and this message always appears at suspend time in Android kernels running on Qualcomm MSM chipsets. (If other clocks were listed here then those could represent a problem.)

Similar to a previous report on a T-Mobile myTouch 4G discussed here, the data logged on wakeup reasons needs to be interpreted by the OEM that has the hardware specs for the phone and the Qualcomm radio firmware source that generates some of that info. HTC is the OEM for that phone; their support site is http://www.htc.com/us/support . Or try the T-Mobile support site at http://support.t-mobile.com/viewAllProducts.html , they seem to sell this device under their own brand.

In case anyone's confused, it's recognized that some phones do have battery life problems that stem from: (a) not properly suspending to low-power states and, (b) continually attempting to suspend and resume, burning CPU in the suspend thread. The causes tend to be due to devices continually generating interrupts (that might not be properly handled by device drivers and hence continue to be generated), or drivers rejecting suspend for conditions that should be short-lived but instead persist for long time periods. In many cases the drivers involved are written by OEMs and Google does not have any knowledge of the drivers or devices causing the problem -- the folks who made the phone need to take a look.

Problems with the Google Nexus One described in another issue referenced in previous comments fall in the same category, and in that case we have the hardware and the design info needed to diagnose the problem (wifi driver interrupt handling problem), and a fix is on the way.

http://code.google.com/p/android/iss...?id=11126#c261
14th June 2011, 07:42 PM |#15  
Flag Lancaster
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Well, for me the battery is good. I don't use phone much for gaming and surfing but there are a lot of calls, maybe 3-4 hrs of call time or more. Also I keep quitting running services like social hub, voice command etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20110614-230352.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	625221
14th June 2011, 08:07 PM |#16  
Flag Calcutta
Thanks Meter: 1,949

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yudi7

Well, for me the battery is good. I don't use phone much for gaming and surfing but there are a lot of calls, maybe 3-4 hrs of call time or more. Also I keep quitting running services like social hub, voice command etc.

Attachment 625221

Voice calls isn't a way to check your battery life. As soon as you hold the phone near your ear, screen turns off. For proper checking, you have to surf internet via Wi-Fi/3G, play Games, watch Movies etc..Just keep the screen on. I think if you even talk 6/7 hours per day (and do nothing else) then the GS II will last for more than 2 days, surely. Voice calls can't be a way to check battery, for any phone.
Regards.
14th June 2011, 08:37 PM |#17  
Flag Lancaster
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithehappy

Voice calls isn't a way to check your battery life. As soon as you hold the phone near your ear, screen turns off. For proper checking, you have to surf internet via Wi-Fi/3G, play Games, watch Movies etc..Just keep the screen on. I think if you even talk 6/7 hours per day (and do nothing else) then the GS II will last for more than 2 days, surely. Voice calls can't be a way to check battery, for any phone.
Regards.

Yes I know voice isn't a way to check battery. But like I said its good for me. I previously had iPhone 3G which I used like I use my GS2 and it gave me hardly 5-6 hrs usage of battery. So happy with GS2. I'll test my battery life by playing games and surfing and all that and I'll let you know the result.
14th June 2011, 09:04 PM |#18  
Flag Calcutta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yudi7

Yes I know voice isn't a way to check battery. But like I said its good for me. I previously had iPhone 3G which I used like I use my GS2 and it gave me hardly 5-6 hrs usage of battery. So happy with GS2. I'll test my battery life by playing games and surfing and all that and I'll let you know the result.

That would be kind of you.
For me, on Wi-Fi, at Auto Brightness in stock browser, with SetCPU set in Ondemand mode, battery drains at a rate of 18-20% per hour (I don't let the screen off). Lets see if yours are better or not
15th June 2011, 10:50 AM |#19  
Flag Doha
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i'm very happy with my battery performance.

Previous Phone: Galaxy S
15th June 2011, 11:26 AM |#20  
Flag Calcutta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammarselo

i'm very happy with my battery performance.

Previous Phone: Galaxy S

As we don't know your happiness level I'd ask you to please mention some technical details, like how long your battery lasts or else? If possible post a Battery usage screen shot also.
Regards.
15th June 2011, 02:57 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Just installed battery calibration from the market and installed it at 100%. The details were as follows: Current charge 100% 4188mV.
I then clicked on Battery calibration which deleted a bin file.

Right now, it is sitting at 7% at 3643mV. Does this sound right? 500mV less and ive lost 97%? OR am i suppose to charge and completely discharge in order for the battery to learn properly?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)