New Camera Firmware Update Now- 27th May 2011 [APK HERE] [POST YOUR FW VERSIONS]

Search This thread

sorrowuk

Apr 5, 2011
Theres a new camera firmware update now for galaxy s2.

First of all please check your existing camera firmware version by typing *#34971539# and then press Phone/CAM FW Ver Check.

Then you can either get the apk from Samsung Apps application on your phone. Or download the firmware update apk which I have attached to this post. The application should tell you if your camera needs the update or not.

To get from Samsung Apps Click on Featured Tab then click New. Then choose the Galaxy S2 Camera Firmware update application. If you can't find it go to search and type 'camera' or something.

Click download then run it.

Then do *#34971539# again and check your Phone/Cam Fw version.

Then everyone please post like below :

Please post both values it gives you. Your Cam FW and Phone FW

Before update:

Cam FW : OCED11
Phone FW: OCED11
On Firmware : KE7

After Update :

Cam FW : OCEE09
On Firmware : KE7 (UK Generic)

You could also post if you notice any new changes with the camera :)

On another note : Is it not possible to dissassemble the camerafirmware apk below, and find out whats changed / or find out anything interesting ?

Attachments

• GalaxyS2_CameraFirmware-2786747-11.5.01.apk
    2.7 MB · Views: 49,435
Last edited:

bilboa1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 16, 2010
OCED are the cameras which already got an upgrade
many of us have the TBEC(28)

anyhow, this time we've the upgrade too

TBEC28 => TEBEE08
KE7

TML1504

Nov 24, 2007
Vienna
here as well:
TBEC28 => TBEE08
on KE7 rooted

anyone knows what changed? :)

Last edited:

sorrowuk

Apr 5, 2011
Hmmmm I want to know why I have Cam FW : OCEE09 .

Everyone else who seems to have the OC cam firmware seems to have TB for phone firmware.

But my phone firmware is OCED11 . I not seen anyone else who has that.

Anyone else get the same result as me ?

bilboa1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 16, 2010
Focus still sux in samsung's app but it works very fine in vignette. macro focus can focus very close as it should be. happy with that. i suspect scanning barcodes works ok now also... didnt test:p
didnt notice anything else

sorrowuk

Apr 5, 2011
How come I am the only one that starts with OC and everyone else has TB lol.

intratech when you download it from samsungapps where does the apk download to. What location on your phone

Intratech

Jun 15, 2009
London
How come I am the only one that starts with OC and everyone else has TB lol.

intratech when you download it from samsungapps where does the apk download to. What location on your phone

/data/app

After installing it's deleted, I had saved it before applying the update but deleted it after deciding not to upload it.

kcaz

Oct 3, 2010
Before update:

Phone FW: TBEC28
On Firmware : KE2 (Spanish FOP sales code)

After Update :

On Firmware : KE2 (Spanish FOP sales code)

This was my first camera firmware update. It came out of the box with OCED11 on May 16th.

sorrowuk

Apr 5, 2011
Everyone I have seen seems to have the one standard Phone FW at least : TBEC28 .

I dunno why mine is different tho :S

Joschi75

May 20, 2009
Before update:
On Firmware : KE2 (German sales code)

After update:
On Firmware : KE2 (German sales code)

ZaKaTRoN

Aug 18, 2010
One question... When you type that code, open camera, etc. do you listen a "clack clack" from de camera?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

davidoff08

May 6, 2011

First of all please check your existing camera firmware version by typing *#34971539# and then press Phone/CAM FW Ver Check.

Then you can either get the apk from Samsung Apps application on your phone. Or download the firmware update apk which I have attached to this post. The application should tell you if your camera needs the update or not.

To get from Samsung Apps Click on Featured Tab then click New. Then choose the Galaxy S2 Camera Firmware update application.

Before update:

After Update :

I have exactly the same as u..

However i had to search for update in samsung apps then camera rather in new as u said. updated fine not sure whats changed yet. im in the uk as u can see with KE7 Generic uk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

To get from Samsung Apps Click on Featured Tab then click New. Then choose the Galaxy S2 Camera Firmware update application. If you can't find it go to search and type 'camera' or something.

Before update:

After Update :

On another note : Is it not possible to dissassemble the camerafirmware apk below, and find out whats changed / or find out anything interesting ?
    Hi,

here is a mirror with all files in one rar: http://ul.to/w0kxauck (compressed: 5,83MB / decompressed: 52,9MB)

bqlbx5l4p4ng.png

with friendly greet

starbase64
    LG Camera 6.4b2
    Added some improvements to SGS2/Note and HTC One X.
    It seems no longer stretches the image vertically.
    Guys, some news here. Well, not some great news but some news.

I have contacted Samsung Electro-Mechanics, the responsible for "SC" type camera modules, as posted here in some page.

I've emailed them and explained the problem. I've said too about Infuse 4G firmware, that works in our Galaxy S2 "SC" camera modules and explained about that the SIEGO3 firmware of Infuse works very well for our Galaxy S2 and told the problem about the Flash not working i specific conditions (assited light for auto-focus and light for video recording).

Well, I've got the response that the SCEE07 and SCEE09 firmwares are firmwares "before" commercial release. And the SCEF02 is the latest.

The email that I send to them was not responded to me directly. It was replyied from Samsung Elctronics, with the responde of the engineer fo Samsung electro-Mechanics.

It was told that SIEGO03 (Infuse 4G) Firmware were based on Galaxy S camera modules, and they told too that they have the same camera modules (how is that possible, Galaxy S have 5mp and Infuse 4G 8mp....)

Quoting the soe part of the answer: " The Firmware compatibility with Infuse 4G(It assumes that SGH-I997), some features are working because the I997’s firmware is based on Galaxy S( The Image sensor of both model is same).

However, if he overwrite infuse 4G firmware, some function may not working and there may be picture quality issue."

They said too that don't have sure if "mine" (ours "SC") are theirs or from the others competitors camera modules.

They said that "there is no is no difference in feature and performance between 2 company’s camera module."

I think that may be true, but the "SC" firmware is not "ideal" in low light condition.

Any way, I've send it another email to Samsung electronics (the one that replyed the Engineers response) asking him about the problem and there was another email attached to contact Samsung Too.

I'll wait to know how will be the response of the other guy who emailed me and lets see how I will proceed after that.

Cross your fingers for me to have a fast resolve for us.
    Below is a link to the newest firmware, as far as i know it`s OCEF02

Any risk is yours, if the flash fails and your camera dies.

http://www.mediafire.com/?596b6p8l23ld5bc

SC20110623-145627-1.jpg

Anyone have the latest update available for download? I'm in the US and it seems that Samsung Apps checks the SIM card and won't allow updates in this region.