FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Back Button Problem

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By juicyfruitwow, Junior Member on 23rd August 2011, 11:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This might be a relatively small problem but it can be a little annoying. The back button (right side of the menu button) seems to be a little less responsive and 'smaller' than the options button (left side of the menu button).

By smaller I mean I need to click it exactly at the right spot and the button reponsive 'area' seems to be very small compare to option button which seems to take up most of the left side allocated to it.

I am not sure if this is intented or some kind of software/hardware fault?
I read about upgrading touchpad firmware through *#*#2663#*#* but there are reports than this could brake the buttons completly.

If anyone has any information it will be greatly appreciated.

P.S phone is not rooted and I bought it from vodafone Ireland.

23rd August 2011, 11:33 AM |#2  
Flag England, UK
Thanks Meter: 384

More
there are a few threads on the hardware buttons not working correctly try the search.

I found one about the back button, not a lot of info though.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=button
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinderbox (UK) For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tinderbox (UK) Ad-Free
23rd August 2011, 01:07 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I have the same issue but also to another extent. Mine has an issue where sometimes it will double tap when I only press it once. This can get annoying. I do have a screen protector on and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.
23rd August 2011, 02:01 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Same thing happens to me ... but Its kinda rare(I am not using a screen protector). Does anyone know a solution? should updating firmware fix this?

I am thinking about asking for a replacement.
23rd August 2011, 02:14 PM |#5  

More
Replace it, same problem with my first unit, 20% of the presses didn't register

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
23rd August 2011, 02:46 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 245

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomnompie

I have the same issue but also to another extent. Mine has an issue where sometimes it will double tap when I only press it once. This can get annoying. I do have a screen protector on and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I thought it was just me with the double tap when i press it once lol. Grrr its annoying man! :-@

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App
23rd August 2011, 02:50 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
So the only way to fix it is to replace it?
23rd August 2011, 03:09 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I would imagine someone can make a mod to the touchkeys for like a certain millisecond delay between presses to fix the double tap. People have patched hardware keyboards for stuff similar to that.

As far as the non-registering presses, that might have something to do with delay too. A smart developer would have to try and look at it though I'm just guessing here.

I haven't noticed the non-registered presses in a while, not sure if it went away with a new kernel or if I just got used to how to press it to make it work. The double tap happens more often to me now lol.
23rd August 2011, 06:49 PM |#9  
Happened to me on my first unit, back button was only responding about 50-60% of the time, on the 2nd phone back button was extremely sensitive ( as sensitive as the SAMOLED screen which is a huge plus) 3rd phone seems "normal"
20th September 2011, 10:44 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Galaxy S2 back button getting pressed twice on a single press.
When I am in 2nd/3rd level screen of an app, back and menu button lights go off(but screen is on). While pressing back button sometimes it's going back 2 levels with one, single press! As if I have pressed it twice. It doesn't happen always though.

Is there any fix for this?

PS: I am using a screen protector. Will remove it and see if that's the culprit or not.
22nd September 2011, 05:55 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
u shud b thankful mate..my home butoon stopped responding at all
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, back, back button, samsung galaxy s2, touch key

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)