Thanks Meter: 6

More
perfect on my gs2 kk2 stock

7th December 2011, 02:03 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 738

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriolinari

actually....i have managed to fix the "sound" problem, if you go to /system/media/audio/ui, there's a TW_Volume file, just rename or delete that one, restart and that's done. if you do not want the "shutter" sound, do the same with the shutter file in that directory.

other than that, we should integrate this with Potatoman's mod

> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1104051

with higher bitrate however i LOVE this mode with shutter control via volume keys!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

sorry for all posts guys... actually i saw there's a high bitrate version in this thread (post7), is that like potatoman's hack?

and finally,

1 ive used the mod in the first post...how "old" is that camera version? works great, but just to know...

2 do your photos look upside down when using with the new volume keys in landscape mode? it could be because by using the volume keys in effect you are using the phone in the opposite side, considering a right handed person, in landscape mode, you'd have the phone with your right thumb on the shutter with the home button on the right just to make you understand what i am saying, while, by using the volume keys, in effect, you are using your right index finger and the home button is on the other side, so in effect phone is upside down....

maybe it was also like that before the mod, to be honest i don't know however, as long as they appear frontal on the phone when you are in the gallery, they look fine on the pc as well.. can live with that!!

thanks
gabrio

I don't know about photos and can't check now but if you're positioning phone as a real camera, right index finger on the volume (shutter) and take video, it plays on the phone fine and right way up. Also auto uploads to picasa are fine (but sadly can't be downloaded).
The problem starts sharing on facebook or other sites or transferring on computer, the video's are all upside down and have no idea how to convert them right side up again.

Sent from my GT-I9100
7th December 2011, 05:14 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Does anyone know if this mod could be implimented into stock android camera? I'm on cyanogen and would love a camera button.

Sent from my GT-I9100
7th December 2011, 05:39 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Please ignore my above comment, I'm an idiot. Its right there under settings!

Sent from my GT-I9100
9th December 2011, 01:34 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi Lary,
First I have to say THANK YOU! it's a must-be mod!!

But the posted Camera.apk is not working for me, on my MIUI 1.12.2.
Can you please merge this mod in the MIUI camera.apk??

Thanks,
Gil
15th December 2011, 02:18 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IILaryII

Hi guys,

I was searching for an SGS2 Camera mod, to use the powerbutton as the cameratrigger.

Because I did not find one, I tried it on my own.

But as my javaknowledge is poor, I am not able to temporarily disable the powermenu popup.

So I remapped the volumkeys, to work as the trigger in cameramodus.
I did not apply this to the camecorder, because it is not working right now.

In Post 7 you can find a 1080p @ 30 Mbit and 48000 khz/192 kbit Audio Recording camera.apk with the same mod

Functions:

Hold Volumekey to focus and release to shoot.
Tap Volumekey will take a direct snapshot

Installation (root acces requiered)

Extract the camera.apk from the rar archive and copy it to your SGS2
Now we have to replace the original camera.apk
You can take Yaffs Explorere to do this (free available in the market)
First execute "busybox mount -o rw,remount /system" to mount
Then copy and paste the new file into /system/app/

IMPORTANT!

If your volumekeys are still mapped to the zoom funktion, you did not correctly replace the old apk.
Try to delete your old camera.apk. If it is still there, you did not mount your file system correctly

done.

this camera.apk its for which firmware version??!i!
3rd January 2012, 04:55 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 2,613

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IILaryII

Hi guys,

I was searching for an SGS2 Camera mod, to use the powerbutton as the cameratrigger.

Because I did not find one, I tried it on my own.

But as my javaknowledge is poor, I am not able to temporarily disable the powermenu popup.

So I remapped the volumkeys, to work as the trigger in cameramodus.
I did not apply this to the camecorder, because it is not working right now.

In Post 7 you can find a 1080p @ 30 Mbit and 48000 khz/192 kbit Audio Recording camera.apk with the same mod

Functions:

Hold Volumekey to focus and release to shoot.
Tap Volumekey will take a direct snapshot

Installation (root acces requiered)

Extract the camera.apk from the rar archive and copy it to your SGS2
Now we have to replace the original camera.apk
You can take Yaffs Explorere to do this (free available in the market)
First execute "busybox mount -o rw,remount /system" to mount
Then copy and paste the new file into /system/app/

IMPORTANT!

If your volumekeys are still mapped to the zoom funktion, you did not correctly replace the old apk.
Try to delete your old camera.apk. If it is still there, you did not mount your file system correctly

done.

i for one would love to know what smali you edited to do this, so i can do this on my gnex, or just point me in the right directioni
13th January 2012, 07:22 AM |#108  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1,328

Donate to Me
More
Talking
hey guys.... i've been searching all over the forum how to mod the camera to make power button as shutter button but i couldnt find anythin... i PM respective dev but didnt get a favourable reply.... if anybody knows could u make a tutorial or if u want i'd upload the camera.apk and would any of you'll mind to do it....
The Following User Says Thank You to wilfredcool007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wilfredcool007 Ad-Free
20th January 2012, 05:21 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Hey Guys! I've tried it in my SGS2 with XILA2 (Italian 2.3.6) but Camera crashes every time I open it!
What's wrong?
20th January 2012, 05:58 PM |#110  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 5

More
anybody can make the home button to use it to take picture?
21st January 2012, 03:07 AM |#111  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Piazza Armerina
Thanks Meter: 4,827

Donate to Me
More
Source please
Well, it s a nice mod but to keep it alive and porting it to the newer rom we need the source codes for that remapping buttons!
Open? so the source in OP please!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)