Display problem/yellowish left side

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By Erethnor, Junior Member on 14th May 2011, 11:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th September 2011, 01:15 AM |#2161  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I am worried that Samsung will not accept my yellow tinted faulty device.
Is it possible? Because I've read a post and someone says:

"One of the official samsung retail stores here in my place said that they were called up by samsung not to accept returns for the yellow tint on the side as this is a "Normal Defect" on the SAMOLED Plus screen..

I would guess this means sammy has no plans to rectify this and probably move with the SGS3 by the end of 2011 or early 2012."

I've paid for but could never use. It is a big pain
4th September 2011, 09:29 AM |#2162  
I believe I said that, some stores made those claim I dont know if its legit or not but sammy is processing my refund for this issue after 3 replacements and 4 other failed selections.
The Following User Says Thank You to EarlZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EarlZ Ad-Free
4th September 2011, 09:43 AM |#2163  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ

You need to actually take photo's screen shots wont show it since its a hardware defect.

u can say it before calling me troll and here you got some pics of my s2 taken by fujifilm finepixZ kinda low cost camera.btw some reflections on my s2 screen because of bathroom light and my camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunjaii

Hi Emeky, i wonder, from which company have you bought your SGSII from Istanbul. I've also bought mine in Istanbul. I've taken it to service centre but although i explained in detail they haven't realized a yellow tint. But it is not possible not to see it, for healthy eyes ...

sorry about you, i buy from sahibinden.com and phone made in china , wish u got a rpr!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	709635   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	709636   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	709637   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	709638  
The Following User Says Thank You to emeky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift emeky Ad-Free
4th September 2011, 10:02 AM |#2164  

More
Exclamation
here i take some more photos out the bathroom,when midnight i take more photos
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	709640   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	709641   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	709642   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	709643  
The Following User Says Thank You to emeky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift emeky Ad-Free
4th September 2011, 10:48 AM |#2165  
Thanks Meter: 466

More
Definitely notice some screen issues on my S2. Sadly I can't really exchange it because I bought it second hand (and didn't notice the issue when initially testing it).

This is a Bell handset.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
4th September 2011, 11:13 AM |#2166  
I was just pulling your leg relax the yellow tint is extremely visible on your screen even by the thumbnails only, It might appear as a darker left side to some.
4th September 2011, 11:18 AM |#2167  

More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ

I was just pulling your leg relax the yellow tint is extremely visible on your screen even by the thumbnails only, It might appear as a darker left side to some.

dude if you talking about my first post pics u just see @ the left top side my bathroom light please check my second post pics. and i take alot pics later @ midnight seriously thers no yellows on my screen plus i dont use glasses
4th September 2011, 02:03 PM |#2168  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunjaii

I am worried that Samsung will not accept my yellow tinted faulty device.
Is it possible? Because I've read a post and someone says:

"One of the official samsung retail stores here in my place said that they were called up by samsung not to accept returns for the yellow tint on the side as this is a "Normal Defect" on the SAMOLED Plus screen..

I would guess this means sammy has no plans to rectify this and probably move with the SGS3 by the end of 2011 or early 2012."

I've paid for but could never use. It is a big pain

Yes, bad customer care. I've payed my phone 600€ and it's full of defects that samsung does not want to repair.
4th September 2011, 02:09 PM |#2169  
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeky

dude if you talking about my first post pics u just see @ the left top side my bathroom light please check my second post pics. and i take alot pics later @ midnight seriously thers no yellows on my screen plus i dont use glasses

As long as you dont see it dont sweat it or dont look for it, thats the main concern here its not if you have it or not.
4th September 2011, 03:12 PM |#2170  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSlump76

Yes, bad customer care. I've payed my phone 600€ and it's full of defects that samsung does not want to repair.

I am thinking deeply, but realy i don't understand how it could be possible for Samsung that doesn't accept to repair or exchange their clearly seen defective devices. If Samsung had said that their super super screens could be defective I had never bought it. But Samsung says their SAMOLED+ screens are perfect in evrery advertisements.

Samsung, please exchange our defective devices, help your customers ...
4th September 2011, 08:26 PM |#2171  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Ok, going for my 6th unit, hope to get rid of this blue tint.... Was contacted today from my carrier, waiting for a new unit since is out of stock. Today i saw a unit from a store and I was shocked! The screen had a yellow spot right in the middle very very noticeable and pretty big one, had permanent shadows too, this is alarming... Ok this unit is almost allways on but same with other models and never saw nothing like this in so short life time for the galaxy s2... Think in a year or so we will all be complaining about permanent damage on screen with the usage... Hope not but I think we will...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crying over nothing, display problem, iphone lovers here, winning, yellow tint, yellow tint fix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)