Post Reply Email Thread
14th September 2011, 06:10 PM |#2241  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvvine

Hi,

I have check almost 20 + Phones, All have the Yellow tint issue. Its waste of time opting for replacement. Again 100% you will same kind of handset. My friend tried replacement...Same story continues.... Lets see if samsung fix this by software Update..Try KH3 or KH4..It reduces the issue

This is so no 100% true. Because i have seen with the same rom and kernel from my carrier company and some have yellowish and newer have just slight darker left side with same software. So every samoled+ have issue yes but not all are yellow and even the yellow ones there are slight and other that is so noticeable.

Actually in this very topic there are photos showing this comparison.
14th September 2011, 07:24 PM |#2242  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okkz

You really should stick to the Galaxy S2. The Sensation's screen is totally yellow, and has washed out colors (no contrast)

Look at some pics of its display :

Some are fine but you'll have to swap lots of time before getting one with a nice screen.

lolz amiditly the sensation screen isent as good as galaxy s2 but i have never seen a sensation screen that yellow lolz another thing that bugs me about the s2 screen thou is the ghosting / blurring text when browsing.

Fingers crossed next samsung phone better but i doubt it , will see friday thou when replacement arrives.

But this along with purple spot on camera is just laughable and typical of samsungs build quality across the board,I dont know why people would accept these issues when the phone costs as much it does network free , just crazy.
14th September 2011, 07:55 PM |#2243  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anshmiester78900

Tried flashing with Kh3 ??

No, I really haven't spent enough time on looking for firmware's and custom ROM's yet, It's just that this yellow patch issue is too significant for me to ignore. I have heard about some counter was implemented in S2 for couting ROM changes, haven't read about it, but I want to root my phone first so that I can move my titanium pro backup from Desire to S2, Where should I start first??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okkz

You won't find a perfect S2, as there is no perfect product. I compared two HP laptop once, side by side, they were the same model, but one had a keybord that felt better, but the other's fan made less noise, and had a better screen. It's the same for the S2, every product is different from the others. You should try to find one with no dead pixel and no yellow spots, that's all. Even if it has a slight yellowish side on the left, it's not a problem as 80% have this. The HTC phones have problem too and their screen are a lot yellower that S2. Same for the iphone which has washed out colors and yellow screen on most products since iphone 3GS.

I have an iPhone 4 too, never faced any issue with it apart from a non working earpiece for which I got a new phone as replacement. Apart from that no issue ever, it's just that after spending so much on S2 it was in transit most of the time due to the replacement procedures and that's irritating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvvine

Hi,

I have check almost 20 + Phones, All have the Yellow tint issue. Its waste of time opting for replacement. Again 100% you will same kind of handset. My friend tried replacement...Same story continues.... Lets see if samsung fix this by software Update..Try KH3 or KH4..It reduces the issue

Yeah, Same issue here, but 2-3 of my friends who bought their S2's almost 2 months back have perfect screens, which are of Korea make, while mine and the other S2's with yellow spot issues are of China Make as far as I observed.
I can guarantee that their screens are perfect as I checked all those S2's side by side, will take a pic next time we meet again and upload here.
14th September 2011, 09:43 PM |#2244  
Thanks Meter: 466

More
Oops, Can't seem to delete my post (didn't realize I was looking at the wrong page when replying to an old post. Can't delete from XDA app either.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
18th September 2011, 07:37 AM |#2245  
Thanks Meter: 466

More
I've been skeptical that I could get rid of the yellow tint via software, but looks like Cognition ROM has done something to hide it. Even at minimum brightness I'm no longer seeing yellowing on the left side.

18th September 2011, 08:32 AM |#2246  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devhux

I've been skeptical that I could get rid of the yellow tint via software, but looks like Cognition ROM has done something to hide it. Even at minimum brightness I'm no longer seeing yellowing on the left side.

Glad that we have a solution to it. And yes, all new kernels can get rid of the left side yellow tint.
18th September 2011, 10:06 AM |#2247  
Thanks Meter: 306

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulabby

Glad that we have a solution to it. And yes, all new kernels can get rid of the left side yellow tint.

well are you sure? i think the source for the fix wasn't released yet so a build kernel will not have it (cf-root fro example should have the fix)

20th September 2011, 06:01 PM |#2248  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 5

More
After updating through Kies to KH1, Orange Romania version, upd from KG2, the screen is now almost perfect, no more yellowish left side. I rootted the phone whit cf-root, with the same KH1, and the screen is the same, no more yellowish.
20th September 2011, 06:19 PM |#2249  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
the side of my screen got a yellowish tint while i was reading my emails. it's only there when the screen brightness is low - at high brightness it's not noticeable at all.
20th September 2011, 06:45 PM |#2250  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Have you noticed that if you put the phone in test mode with the code *#*#0 bla bla the yellow tint is not there.. It' very visible if you enter gmail for example... What about that?
20th September 2011, 07:19 PM |#2251  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Hello everyone!

Today I did an update through Kies (Android version 2.3.4, new baseband etc.) and the yellow tint issue is gone. The screen is just perfect now to be honest, haven't see any issues with it. May do the trick for all devices. Cheers!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crying over nothing, display problem, iphone lovers here, winning, yellow tint, yellow tint fix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)