16 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By Erethnor, Junior Member on 14th May 2011, 11:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th September 2011, 07:19 PM |#2251  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Hello everyone!

Today I did an update through Kies (Android version 2.3.4, new baseband etc.) and the yellow tint issue is gone. The screen is just perfect now to be honest, haven't see any issues with it. May do the trick for all devices. Cheers!
21st September 2011, 08:55 AM |#2252  

More
I have done some testing during the last 4 weeks.

I had 4 Galaxy S2 and every one has the yellowish tint problem on the left side of the display. Some had a more or less camera problem (red dot, sharpness) some had issues with GPS and two a very strange display (totally dark). My current S2 is not perfect and the display has also the yellowish tint problem, but it is the best out of 4.

I was so suprised when I flashed the XXKH3 coming from KE7. After reboot I had to activate the lockscreen one time and the yellowish tint was completely gone. After the next reboot the yellowish tint was there again but after lockscreen activiation/deactivation the tint was fixed (as already reported in this thread).

So, I testet some different ROMs to see, which one I like:
Litening ROM 6.1 XXKH3: NO tint fix
Galnet MIUI base MIUI 1.9.9 and 1.9.16: tint FIXED
Leomar Revolution ROM 2.6 XXKH3: tint FIXED
CM7 (last week): NO tint fix

Tint FIXED means, you have to activate the lockscreen at least one time to see the fix.

Someone reported, that CM7 would fix the tint problem also, but the tint problem stayed with the CM7 build I tested last week.

BTW, I will stay with Leomar Revolution ROM. CM7 is great, but too experimental and Galnet MIUI is very, very nice, but also too experimental (I had some problems with their own framework, problems in menus etc.) and unfortunately, as well known, both no BT audio support, which is needed for handsfree sets.

It would be great if CM7 could provide this tint fix for the S2 also.

From what I have read CM7 has it's own color engine (and there are fixed color profiles in the UI, but none of them is usable, because of wide spread for standard factory models). But it would be possible to calibrate the display perfectly if the CM7 UI would provide the needed settings (RGB values for gain/bias or multi-point calibration, gamma calibration, even sharpness/DNR etc.).

Supercurio is working very hard on a color management solution for the S2.
Maybe he is able to do this not only for stock based ROMs but also for CM7 based ROMs (called ASOP I think? correct? ).

Best regards
[email protected]
21st September 2011, 10:38 AM |#2253  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
@ [email protected]

By the "tint fix" do you mean also that the left side of the screen which was more darker has been fixed?

Best reg╬▒rds,
21st September 2011, 12:18 PM |#2254  

More
I am sorry, I am not able to say anything about that unconformity problem.

I never had a S2 wich a significant darker left side (or I did not notice). All my S2 had a significant yellowish tint on the left third of the display.

But try it! It is so easy to flash a new stock ROM release via odin. There are so good tutorials here and if you do it slowly, step by step, it is so easy. I would recommend to flash KH3 (3-part with pit file, a bit more complex to flash but nice and clean) or the brandnew KI4. I still have KH3.

The only thing is, with the 3-part version (incl. PIT-file) you have to configure the system completely new. But with backups of contacts in your google account and apps in the market it is easy to restore. Only for specific backups (Titanium Backup) you would need root. But even root is a pease of cake and has many advantages and very easy to restore to factory state. Just try!

Edit:
If you come from KE- or KF- stock ROM releases, I would recommend to flash the 3-part version KH3 first, because of a complete repartition/system reset (full wipe). Your internal (and external) SD card will be untouched unless you do a factory reset with formatting the sd card.

But it is only complex to read but very easy to do and it is worth to try!
21st September 2011, 01:07 PM |#2255  
Flag Padang

More
What a great news also I hust got info from samsung centre it might help woth setting red color little bit dominant from the blue to reducing the yellow tint?

send from my premium XDA GT-P1000 2.3.3|DXJPE
21st September 2011, 02:07 PM |#2256  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I've noticed that the yellowish side did not completely dissapear, is visible when the phone gets hotter and the screen light is very low. When the phone cools down there is no more yellowish. ROM BVKH1 with Ninphetamine 2.1.3 kernel.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
21st September 2011, 04:01 PM |#2257  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan79

What a great news also I hust got info from samsung centre it might help woth setting red color little bit dominant from the blue to reducing the yellow tint?

send from my premium XDA GT-P1000 2.3.3|DXJPE

This would be right, but how should you do this?
There is no separate setting for red color etc.

Edit:
Yellow is to much red and green so you would need more blue.
But, as said, there is no setting in stock ROM for RGB values.
CM7 would be able to offer this in the UI because CM7 has it's own color engine but the CM team would have to implement a color management with appropriate settings. But without the "tint fix" for the S2, CM7 is not very attractive. I have tested it yesterday again with CM7 Nightly 60 and my yellowish tint on left 1/3 was there again.
22nd September 2011, 06:27 PM |#2258  
Thanks Meter: 484

More
my galaxy s II also has that yellow stain on the left side , wasnt the iPhone 4 supposed to have the same problem? and that it went away within a month or tow?
23rd September 2011, 04:14 AM |#2259  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
You can use Screen Adjuster on Market to adjust colors.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
23rd September 2011, 10:39 AM |#2260  

More
Will not help with these display problems (yellowish left side, darker left side).
The app does not change anything in the driver or display.
Very useless app.

Supercurio (Voodoo control for SGS1) works on a solution for SGS2. But it is very complex to reverse-engineer the Samsung drivers, hardware registers and settings.

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free
23rd September 2011, 01:01 PM |#2261  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Will not help with these display problems (yellowish left side, darker left side).
The app does not change anything in the driver or display.
Very useless app.

Supercurio (Voodoo control for SGS1) works on a solution for SGS2. But it is very complex to reverse-engineer the Samsung drivers, hardware registers and settings.

Regards

If you want to minimize the yellowish left side, use the new kernel from Samsung stock firmwares, such as from KH1 forward, or use the one of CF if you want root. After that, use Screen Adjuster to make white color becomes whiter by increasing blue. The program does not make the yellowish left side disappears, use have to use the new kernel first.

Cheers.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crying over nothing, display problem, iphone lovers here, winning, yellow tint, yellow tint fix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)