Thanks Meter: 15

By Erethnor, Junior Member on 14th May 2011, 11:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd September 2011, 01:01 PM |#2261  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Will not help with these display problems (yellowish left side, darker left side).
The app does not change anything in the driver or display.
Very useless app.

Supercurio (Voodoo control for SGS1) works on a solution for SGS2. But it is very complex to reverse-engineer the Samsung drivers, hardware registers and settings.

Regards

If you want to minimize the yellowish left side, use the new kernel from Samsung stock firmwares, such as from KH1 forward, or use the one of CF if you want root. After that, use Screen Adjuster to make white color becomes whiter by increasing blue. The program does not make the yellowish left side disappears, use have to use the new kernel first.

Cheers.

24th September 2011, 06:35 PM |#2262  
Thanks Meter: 189

More
Smile yellow tint gone
I got my S2 about a month ago. I soon noticed that whites looked dirty even when brightness was at 100% and grey loading screens had a very yellow tint on the left of the screen. It turns out I had a fault screen and got an exchange. I rooted my new phone and installed modaco GR5, whites looked fine but grey screens still had the yellow tint. I tried a few new kernels, no change so I tried some different roms and settled on ☜☆☞ Check's DK Gold Edition V3.5 FINAL ★XXKH3★ ☜☆☞ no yellow tint even with auto-brightness on.

I suspect that Hellcat's Root Kernel which came with the rom is the reason the yellow tint has gone.

The Following User Says Thank You to marcadam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marcadam Ad-Free
24th September 2011, 06:40 PM |#2263  
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 505

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcadam

I got my S2 about a month ago. I soon noticed that whites looked dirty even when brightness was at 100% and grey loading screens had a very yellow tint on the left of the screen. It turns out I had a fault screen and got an exchange. I rooted my new phone and installed modaco GR5, whites looked fine but grey screens still had the yellow tint. I tried a few new kernels, no change so I tried some different roms and settled on ☜☆☞ Check's DK Gold Edition V3.5 FINAL ★XXKH3★ ☜☆☞ no yellow tint even with auto-brightness on.

I suspect that Hellcat's Root Kernel which came with the rom is the reason the yellow tint has gone.

Same story here bro
24th September 2011, 07:21 PM |#2264  
Flag Crewe
Thanks Meter: 53

More
My other half has got a brand new white S2 yesterday and its yellow side is worse than mine also the pink spot is more prominent. Btw my hanset was from one of the first batches.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
25th September 2011, 11:34 AM |#2265  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren.D

My other half has got a brand new white S2 yesterday and its yellow side is worse than mine also the pink spot is more prominent. Btw my hanset was from one of the first batches.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Samsung keeps letting this defect slip by since a few people dont return and complain about it to the service center
25th September 2011, 11:48 AM |#2266  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcadam

Im totally new to this board, so sorry for my question, but is there a tutorial for these steps? I also have a Samsung Galaxy S2 with a "blue white" and a yellow tint and its pretty annoying.
25th September 2011, 11:56 AM |#2267  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
i think every s2 has this yellow issue. some may be very prominent some may be very faint. mine has yellow on bottom left corner but there is some better uniformity on the screen compared to other s2's i have seen. therefore, i can't really complain. if i get this one replaced with another s2, it may as well be worse.
i am confident this is more of a software problem than hardware.
25th September 2011, 11:56 AM |#2268  
Thanks Meter: 306

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maseltov

Im totally new to this board, so sorry for my question, but is there a tutorial for these steps? I also have a Samsung Galaxy S2 with a "blue white" and a yellow tint and its pretty annoying.

yeah search for it if we just would give you the steps you wouldn't need to read more which is important so you don't brick your phone

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
25th September 2011, 05:48 PM |#2269  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
flashing 2.3.5. stock solwed my tint probs
25th September 2011, 06:20 PM |#2270  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madman_cro

flashing 2.3.5. stock solwed my tint probs

do you have the dark/yellow left side too or what?

Can someone post some pics showing "before and after" if new kernel solves this left side problem?
25th September 2011, 06:39 PM |#2271  
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel83

do you have the dark/yellow left side too or what?

Can someone post some pics showing "before and after" if new kernel solves this left side problem?

The new kernel lessens the issue on most phones resulting in a darker left side.. its not totally solved.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crying over nothing, display problem, iphone lovers here, winning, yellow tint, yellow tint fix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)