Display problem/yellowish left side

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By Erethnor, Junior Member on 14th May 2011, 11:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th September 2011, 06:39 PM |#2271  
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel83

do you have the dark/yellow left side too or what?

Can someone post some pics showing "before and after" if new kernel solves this left side problem?

The new kernel lessens the issue on most phones resulting in a darker left side.. its not totally solved.
25th September 2011, 09:46 PM |#2272  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy
i also have this problem, just 3 days since i got it. very disapointing and its supposed to be the best in the world sigh. i kick myself for not going with nokia like i always have
25th September 2011, 10:14 PM |#2273  
Thanks Meter: 306

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid045

i also have this problem, just 3 days since i got it. very disapointing and its supposed to be the best in the world sigh. i kick myself for not going with nokia like i always have

jap give it back and get a nokia

or flash kh3 and be happy again

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
26th September 2011, 02:03 AM |#2274  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,
got my sgs2 3 days ago...

at first i don't see the yellowish tint on the left side but now as i follow the instructions (found in the first page of this thread) to the page: fiddle.jshell.net/qFxsC/1/show/

I realized that in about 20% brightness, i can notice a very slight yellowish tint of around 1/16 of an inch on top and on the left. Its not very noticeable, but on 100% brightness i can see that the yellowish tint is very visible and is on my whole screen. not only on the left side... it seems rather uniform for the whole screen when on 100% brightness tho.

im running the stock kernel version: 2.6.35.7-i9100XWKF1-CL265340 [email protected] #2

Baseband version: i9100XKF1

is this a considered a new kernel where the yellowish tint has slightly been addressed or does this belong to the old one which has not been addressed with?

thanks
26th September 2011, 06:13 AM |#2275  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zankuru

Hi,
got my sgs2 3 days ago...

at first i don't see the yellowish tint on the left side but now as i follow the instructions (found in the first page of this thread) to the page: fiddle.jshell.net/qFxsC/1/show/

I realized that in about 20% brightness, i can notice a very slight yellowish tint of around 1/16 of an inch on top and on the left. Its not very noticeable, but on 100% brightness i can see that the yellowish tint is very visible and is on my whole screen. not only on the left side... it seems rather uniform for the whole screen when on 100% brightness tho.

im running the stock kernel version: 2.6.35.7-i9100XWKF1-CL265340 [email protected] #2

Baseband version: i9100XKF1

is this a considered a new kernel where the yellowish tint has slightly been addressed or does this belong to the old one which has not been addressed with?

thanks

Hi zankuru,

Your kernel is old, try the new one such as KH1 onward to lessen it. And let us know if it would help you.

Cheers.
26th September 2011, 12:26 PM |#2276  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I went through 3 replacements and the 2nd to last one had a better overall display. However, a thick vertical line appeared which led me to believe that the screen was defective. I got an immediate replacement the next day and to my surprise, the yellow is more prominent on this 3rd device. there are 2 areas of interest, one on the lower left which resembles a right triangle and one on the top right like a small rectangle. At maximum brightness the yellow is almost invisible, but go to 20% brightness and the nightmare starts. The phone is running perfectly; I don't seem to have banding issues like others have mentioned on the forum. Banding appears and seamlessly disappears when rotating screen. i would say this is normal and a flaw in the amoled plus technology. heating is not an issue. there is no backlight bleed on the buttons, and the phone is made in korea with the battery made in japan, finished in korea. I don't know if the yellow is something to worry too much about. the first 2 phones did have yellow, though less visible. it may have to do with software. let me know what u all think.
26th September 2011, 07:44 PM |#2277  

More
so, are there any roms that will alleviate the yellow tint issue?
26th September 2011, 08:00 PM |#2278  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAlmighty

so, are there any roms that will alleviate the yellow tint issue?

I went from a very noticeable yellow tint on KE7 @ 0% Brightness to No tint at all in KI3.

The only time I can see a problem with the left hand side of the screen is if I set brightness to 0, turn on a 40% screen filter (To make screen even darker) and turn on Night Mode from ChainFire (To turn the whole screen amber). Even then it only looks a slight be darker and I might just be imagining it.

So yeah for me who did notice the tint issue it's gone in KI3.
The Following User Says Thank You to MiloFoxburr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MiloFoxburr Ad-Free
26th September 2011, 11:35 PM |#2279  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 363

More
Tint is gone for me since kg1. Ninphetamine kernel is the only custom kernel that inherits this feature as far as I could say.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
27th September 2011, 09:13 AM |#2280  
Thanks Meter: 265

More
I noticed that the issue disappears in my phone with KI3 however just recently I noticed a faint line on the lower left side of the screen, a vertical one rising halfway through the screen. Though this is only noticeable at 10% brightness or lower and on the notification drawer and the clock screen only.

Worried by this I went to the main Samsung service center and while acknowledging the issue they admitted that this is the flaw of amoled plus technology because of the way it's made. The technician explain that it is printed like paper and there are multiple layers. He also showed me two other units with a line on the left side too but in a different location than mine. To cut the long story short they wouldn't replace it since to them this is normal. Oh well.

Really happy with the phone and screen though but it's sad that the manufacturing process has not been perfected.

Sent from my SK17i using xda premium
27th September 2011, 09:42 AM |#2281  

More
interesting thing to note, the yellow on my screen is kinda bearable. i say this because the screen is more uniform unlike the previous devices I went through where a vertical and horizontal lines would faintly appear 1/3 from the bottom of the screen and half screen would be darker than the other.

if this yellow tint is resolvable through firmware update, then I'm fine with what i currently having. i don't want anything worse.

does anyone think that an official update from samsung will fix this issue?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crying over nothing, display problem, iphone lovers here, winning, yellow tint, yellow tint fix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)