16 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By Erethnor, Junior Member on 14th May 2011, 11:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th November 2011, 07:36 PM |#2361  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
My experience with 3 devices
This hardware screen or manufacturing issue is affecting most / ALL devices, but the intensity of this problem can vary.

This issue is almost softwared fixed in the latest Samsung firmwares, but is also clearly seen on Cyanogen firmware which does not have any software fix. (good to test)

This could be interesting to understand what does this software fix to a hardware problem ( minimum light level raised ? RGB tweaking ? .... )

To share my experience with 3 differents GS2 and conclusions :

- first one was made in Poland, half left of screen yellow, else no artefact with the screen

- after asking for a replacement, the new one made in vietnam, the yellow tint is maybe 2 times stronger than on the previous one, with a light dark bar on the right.

- the third one made also in vietnam I presume ( Made by Samsung with no country written at the back of the device : Did Samsung try to hide the vietnams devices wich seems to suffer more color issues : cf video on internet ).
I presume it is made in Vietnam because battery is finished in Vietnam and manual is printed in Vietnam.
On this last device the yellow tint is very light, almost not noticeable, maybe half of the first device I had, and 4 times less than the second device.
Else the screen suffer from a 45 degres bar in the left bottom corner where there seems to be more luminosity. It is visible in dark conditions with gray backgrounds mainly.
30th November 2011, 11:50 PM |#2362  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Severe horizontal lines
managed to take 2 pictures of my screen
one of engadget when i first saw all those grey lines
and one of opera browser when you can clearly see them.

this bugs me way too much.
just to make sure before i drop this of at a service point;

could this be in any way caused by a rom (in my case, miui) or kernel (in my case, siyah 2.2) ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1187.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	800714   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1186.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	800715  
1st December 2011, 02:14 AM |#2363  
Yesterday I got the Galaxy Note and I also checked the store stocks on the Galaxy S2, both white and black versions on a oct-nov batch. Both have the same yellow banding on the left side but the other one showed massive ghosting to the point that it looked like screen burn in.
1st December 2011, 06:39 AM |#2364  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ

Yesterday I got the Galaxy Note and I also checked the store stocks on the Galaxy S2, both white and black versions on a oct-nov batch. Both have the same yellow banding on the left side but the other one showed massive ghosting to the point that it looked like screen burn in.

wow the note too....
1st December 2011, 07:07 AM |#2365  
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSlump76

wow the note too....

No sorry for the confusion on my statement, the Note does not have the issue. What I ment was the S2's
1st December 2011, 07:26 AM |#2366  
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 505

More
lol i wonder why the hell this thread still going on
1st December 2011, 08:31 AM |#2367  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Madurai-Chennai
Thanks Meter: 7,075

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anshmiester78900

lol i wonder why the hell this thread still going on

Because new comers never read all those pages and straight away post here that they are having problem, they dont know the fact that this thread is not going to help them apart from understanding there is nothing they can do to fix it via service.

3 solution to all new comers wining about display problem.

1.Upgrade to latest firmware(once you lock and unlock the screen there wont be yellow tint).

2.Use supercurio's screen tuning app or soft screen tuner to change the screen tint,temperature as you want.

3.Sell your mobile, no more problems
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bala_gamer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bala_gamer Ad-Free
1st December 2011, 09:31 AM |#2368  
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala_gamer

Because new comers never read all those pages and straight away post here that they are having problem, they dont know the fact that this thread is not going to help them apart from understanding there is nothing they can do to fix it via service.

3 solution to all new comers wining about display problem.

1.Upgrade to latest firmware(once you lock and unlock the screen there wont be yellow tint).

2.Use supercurio's screen tuning app or soft screen tuner to change the screen tint,temperature as you want.

3.Sell your mobile, no more problems

4.) After several replacements your bound to get a screen with another issue, ask for a refund.

I took that path.
1st December 2011, 06:29 PM |#2369  
Thanks Meter: 1,250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ

4.) After several replacements your bound to get a screen with another issue, ask for a refund.

I took that path.

5) Donate to me if you are not looking for refund. LOL
1st December 2011, 07:16 PM |#2370  
RI
Thanks Meter: 33

More
LOL here is my nexus screen, its not that extreme in real life.

1st December 2011, 10:30 PM |#2371  
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyankees3511

LOL here is my nexus screen, its not that extreme in real life.

I've also seen that reddish hue on my S2 and even on my Gnote but only on certain shades of grey and becomes unnoticeable at certain brightness levels.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crying over nothing, display problem, iphone lovers here, winning, yellow tint, yellow tint fix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)