FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: CyanFox VS infected_'s ROM VS Pound ROM VS Wayland_ACE's ROM

CyanFox

16 Vote(s)
30.19%
Wayland_ACE's ROM

8 Vote(s)
15.09%
Pound ROM

14 Vote(s)
26.42%
infected_'s ROM

18 Vote(s)
33.96%

[DT] CM11 roms opinions: Carbon, CyanFox, infected_'s, Pound and Wayland_ACE's

39 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By usrXD, Member on 11th December 2013, 06:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everybody.

There are five main CM11 (CyanogenMod 11) roms for the Samsung Galaxy S2:
This thread is to talk about own experiences with this roms.
What's OK and/or what's wrong. What recommend you and why.

Regards.

P.S:
The poll is outdated. I considered remove it, but I can't do it. I also considered move the thread to Galaxy S II Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting forum.
If anyone think this thread causes conflicts, be free to report it to moderators. I apologize.

12th December 2013, 12:45 AM |#2  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 124

More
I tried pound rom it has many features including halo but now im on slimkat due to working art, carbon rom also have a working art and I think it has cm11 as base rom.
12th December 2013, 08:09 PM |#3  
Flag Baia Mare
Thanks Meter: 409

Donate to Me
More
I dont think thats a good idea to make a thread like this especialy title"a vs b vs c vs d" this thread is more likely to be whats the best 4.4 rom

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th December 2013, 08:22 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy1101

I dont think thats a good idea to make a thread like this especialy title"a vs b vs c vs d" this thread is more likely to be whats the best 4.4 rom

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You're right. I changed it.
Thanks.
13th December 2013, 01:28 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I don't undestand one thing, infected ROM and Wayland_ACE ROM, both are based on Cyanogenmod 11 ( AOSP ) right? So why is Infected' running ART for about 2 weeks and Wayland_Ace not?
And another thing, Infected ROM is based on Cyanogenmod 11, so why Cyanogenmoed did not add CM11 to Nightly downloads (I mean they are still working on 10.2 but no one is interested in 4.3.1 anymore, because there is 4.4.2 out there, In my opinion is a waste of time and energy)

I will kindly thank you for your answer.
13th December 2013, 01:46 AM |#6  
Flag ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು-Bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 445

More
Best rom? Dude best rom or awesome rom threads are not allowed in xda.. I don't know the mods are still silent... Everybody's taste is different... More over all the roms u comparing are completely different.. Though all cm11
13th December 2013, 04:31 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashanthme

Best rom? Dude best rom or awesome rom threads are not allowed in xda.. I don't know the mods are still silent... Everybody's taste is different... More over all the roms u comparing are completely different.. Though all cm11

The thread is intended to talk about the roms, as I said in the first post.
I changed the tittle again. Thanks.

I considered remove the poll, but I can't. If anyone thinks the poll and/or the thread causes conflicts, be free to report it to moderators.
I also considered move the thread to Galaxy S II Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting forum, but the users can't do it.

I apologize.
13th December 2013, 02:35 PM |#8  
Flag Rochdale
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I've been using Cyan-Fox for about a week now. Good battery life and features. Really like it so far.
14th December 2013, 05:49 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've been using Pound rom since it was out and updated with every new version, it's really stable and has nice features. I had a battery drain issue at first but then realized mediascannerservice wakelock was the problem... So I just blocked it with the wakelock blocker setting and Voila! I'm also very tempted by Slim kat, the JB slim roms are great and the fastest I tried before going to Pound rom.
14th December 2013, 11:22 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Just wondering if anyone here can tell me if any of the above roms support multi-user in the 'settings' screen. I have kids and I'm really looking to pseudo-corner off my phone (I know the limitations). I'm having real trouble with some of the roms.. and wondering if anyone else has tried/successfully got it working?
15th December 2013, 05:20 AM |#11  
Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 149

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaceff

Just wondering if anyone here can tell me if any of the above roms support multi-user in the 'settings' screen. I have kids and I'm really looking to pseudo-corner off my phone (I know the limitations). I'm having real trouble with some of the roms.. and wondering if anyone else has tried/successfully got it working?

For certain multiuser will NEVER make it into the standard CM tree for non-tablet devices now that they are a for-profit.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)