How to cast video camera of Galaxy S2 to LCD monitor?

Search This thread

mystvearn

May 12, 2011
I have a Samsung S2 phone which is now permanently mounted on the microscope to take pictures of specimens. As the phone is quite old, I have used cynogenmod (11.0) with android 4.4.4 on it replacing the touchwiz software.

I have tried Google Chromecast first-generation - doesn't work. The phone seems to be trying to connect as the chromecast is going to switch on, but in the middle of connection, the casting stops. It works with other phones, just not the S2. I have bought and tried a micro USB to Hdmi port. Does not work. Any ideas how to cast it to a monitor? Maybe I need to install another rom?

MigoMujahid

Aug 31, 2015
New York
I have a Samsung S2 phone which is now permanently mounted on the microscope to take pictures of specimens. As the phone is quite old, I have used cynogenmod (11.0) with android 4.4.4 on it replacing the touchwiz software.

I have tried Google Chromecast first-generation - doesn't work. The phone seems to be trying to connect as the chromecast is going to switch on, but in the middle of connection, the casting stops. It works with other phones, just not the S2. I have bought and tried a micro USB to Hdmi port. Does not work. Any ideas how to cast it to a monitor? Maybe I need to install another rom?
There are many alternative like Vysor or mirror, try reading this article, it may help you:
https://www.techjunkie.com/mirror-android-pc/amp/

Reactions: mystvearn

mystvearn

May 12, 2011
Thanks. I finally got it to work with the Techjunkie article. However, only one method worked which is the Airdroid. The rest:
1. Vysor
2. Mirror
3. Chromecast and Google Cast

does not work. I think it may be due to the old cynogen onboard.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There are many alternative like Vysor or mirror, try reading this article, it may help you:
    https://www.techjunkie.com/mirror-android-pc/amp/