KF3 Firmware out on KIES

Search This thread

ajayjohn

Jan 16, 2010
Austin, Texas
www.ajayjohn.com
I am not sure if there is a thread already out for this as i couldn't find one on search.

I am a SGS II user in India and i just got a KIES notice that a firmware upgrade is available to KF3.

Is this the same one as what was release on samfirware?

Sp1tfire

Apr 15, 2009
Bucharest
I am not sure if there is a thread already out for this as i couldn't find one on search.

I am a SGS II user in India and i just got a KIES notice that a firmware upgrade is available to KF3.

Is your phone Vodafone branded ? Wonder if Vodafone Romania released this firmware ? :eek:

ithehappy

May 5, 2008
Calcutta
Google Pixel 2 XL

Wow, thanks fyi. Can't wait to upgrade it. Gonna do it as soon as my PC is ok.
What changes are you noticing btw? Both positives and negatives.
Regards.

Sent from GT-I9100

ajayjohn

Jan 16, 2010
Austin, Texas
www.ajayjohn.com
Wow, thanks fyi. Can't wait to upgrade it. Gonna do it as soon as my PC is ok.
What changes are you noticing btw? Both positives and negatives.
Regards.

Sent from GT-I9100

:)
As for changes, I have noticed the following till now...
1) The image for background effect, in the display settings has changed
2) The battery life seems to have improved significantly
3) Lock screen display wake lag seems to have come in now :(
4) Background themes in messaging is no longer there

Will keep you posted as soon as i notice more changes.
Do share anything you guys find too...

darkmessiah

Nov 1, 2007
chennai
i jus tried updating my SGS II to KF3 via KIES it downloaded the update and after decryption of binary data the mobile display is staying on the green android logo and below it downloading ...

WHt do i do .. pls help

ajayjohn

Jan 16, 2010
Austin, Texas
www.ajayjohn.com
The update process gets stuck if KIES is not able to connect to your phone properly. Usually this ends with a popup message saying Update mode couldn't be activated or something like that.
If you do find a blue progress bar increasing slowly below the green android then all is fine, just wait. But if The process is stuck at 0% or an error comes up. Then you can try again by doing a hard reset of your phone and trying to run the update process again. Do not use the recover firmware option in Kies at this moment. The hard reset is necessary as third party launchers and other apps sometimes interfere in the connection to Kies.
To, get out of the green Android download screen and do whatever is stated above, simply remove the battery briefly and start your phone again.
Hope this was helpful. The information i provided is just based on my experience, correct me if i am wrong...

bassmonkey

Jun 10, 2010
The update process gets stuck if KIES is not able to connect to your phone properly. Usually this ends with a popup message saying Update mode couldn't be activated or something like that.
If you do find a blue progress bar increasing slowly below the green android then all is fine, just wait. But if The process is stuck at 0% or an error comes up. Then you can try again by doing a hard reset of your phone and trying to run the update process again. Do not use the recover firmware option in Kies at this moment. The hard reset is necessary as third party launchers and other apps sometimes interfere in the connection to Kies.
To, get out of the green Android download screen and do whatever is stated above, simply remove the battery briefly and start your phone again.
Hope this was helpful. The information i provided is just based on my experience, correct me if i am wrong...

What network/country/ branded or unbranded/ previous firmware? If u don't mind me asking ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

darkmessiah

Nov 1, 2007
chennai

Thanks dude.. this was helpful .. i took out the battery and updated the kies. now gotta try updating again.
BTW i didnt get a blue progress bar at all. before that i got a dialogue box on my PC in Chinese language. donno wht it said.

rvblitz

Jun 9, 2011

I faced this problem. To get out of this, press the power button and keep it pressed for 8 seconds. The phone will reboot.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Reactions: ajayjohn

rvblitz

Jun 9, 2011
Thanks dude.. this was helpful .. i took out the battery and updated the kies. now gotta try updating again.
BTW i didnt get a blue progress bar at all. before that i got a dialogue box on my PC in Chinese language. donno wht it said.

Faced the same problem. It failed the first 5 times. It worked the next time after I rebooted my laptop and the phone before attempting the upgrade.

ithehappy

May 5, 2008
Calcutta
Google Pixel 2 XL
:)
As for changes, I have noticed the following till now...
1) The image for background effect, in the display settings has changed
2) The battery life seems to have improved significantly
3) Lock screen display wake lag seems to have come in now :(
4) Background themes in messaging is no longer there

Will keep you posted as soon as i notice more changes.
Do share anything you guys find too...

Thanks for your feedback. But what do you mean by No.3, Lock Screen wake up lag seems to have come in? It was there in KE8 also.
And can you test if the Noise Cancellation On/Off option is included while pressing the Menu key in a voice call? It is not here in KE8.
Regards.

Sent from GT-I9100

Last edited:

ajayjohn

Jan 16, 2010
Austin, Texas
www.ajayjohn.com
Thanks for your feedback. But what do you mean by No.3, Lock Screen wake up lag seems to have come in? It was there in KE8 also.
And can you test if the Noise Cancellation On/Off option is included while pressing the Menu key in a voice call? It is not here in KE8.
Regards.

Sent from GT-I9100

Yuppp, I know many people faced the lock screen lag issue even in KE8/KE7 but mysteriously, I never had the issue! :p Where as in KF3, I now get a delay even though its just a couple of seconds.
As for the noise cancellation option during the call, both, the call screen icon as well as the menu option are still absent. :-(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes .

jje
    Firmware had already been posted in the firmware thread in the dev forum.

I faced this problem. To get out of this, press the power button and keep it pressed for 8 seconds. The phone will reboot.

It's stock. Baseband is XXKE4 and build number is XWKE7. Android 2.3.3.

Same as mine and have never had a random re-boot. You must have a faulty handset.