FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Pink spot is gone

111 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By noodles222, Senior Member on 22nd June 2011, 07:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

S I downloaded another firmware update from Samsung apps - with date 11.06.2011.. Updated the camera and pink spot is gone, not even visible. My camera firmware is - OCEF 02 OCEED 11.. I had KE2 when i bought phone, updated via odin to KE7. Before this update i downloaded and installed all other updates that samsung apps offer..

Samsung made it!!
 
 
22nd June 2011, 07:48 PM |#2  
Sp1tfire's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 146
 
More
I downloaded the cam update from Samsung Apps today, my phone shows:
Cam FW Ver: OCEF02
Phone FW Ver: TBEC28

Pink spot still present. Posted pic here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=190
22nd June 2011, 08:11 PM |#3  
(•.•)'s Avatar
Senior Member
Galaxy>Earth
Thanks Meter: 100
 
More
Guys, its mostly because of the hardware.. but possible software issue too.


try to clean the lense of your camera.

I noticed, that I sometimes had a big pink spot and most times nothing at all.

And after I cleaned it very good, it was gone most of the time, but for some reason not allways.. really strange, but it helped alot to clean the cam lense!

try it and post, if it helped!
22nd June 2011, 08:12 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
hmm, thats strange.. I also had photos like you.. Are you on KE7? I installed one previouse update, i think it was something like firmware OC.. But i dindt install previouse camera samsung firmware 2 update or something like that..

I can see now clearly that phone is managing the white balance totally differnt than when pink spot was present..
22nd June 2011, 08:34 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 387
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by (•.•)

Guys, its mostly because of the hardware.. but possible software issue too.

try to clean the lense of your camera.

I noticed, that I sometimes had a big pink spot and most times nothing at all.

And after I cleaned it very good, it was gone most of the time, but for some reason not allways.. really strange, but it helped alot to clean the cam lense!

try it and post, if it helped!

It's 100% a software problem but there are different cams out there so not all might be affected. To workaround and prove it's software just change the white balance to anything other than auto and the pink spot will be gone.
22nd June 2011, 08:53 PM |#6  
Sp1tfire's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 146
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godutch

It's 100% a software problem but there are different cams out there so not all might be affected. To workaround and prove it's software just change the white balance to anything other than auto and the pink spot will be gone.

Yeah, i know, would be nice though if cam would be usable with auto balance though Hopefully sooner or later there will be an update to fix that. Does your camera make 2 slight sounds when opening it and when switching to video mode ?
22nd June 2011, 09:18 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 387
 
More
now you say it it used to but not anymore since i am on kf1
edit: it's back
22nd June 2011, 09:46 PM |#8  
(•.•)'s Avatar
Senior Member
Galaxy>Earth
Thanks Meter: 100
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godutch

It's 100% a software problem but there are different cams out there so not all might be affected. To workaround and prove it's software just change the white balance to anything other than auto and the pink spot will be gone.

cool, didn't know that about the white balance.

I was really wondering about this pink spot issue.

The pink spot is part a hardware issue anyway, because the camlense glass (the one that protects the cam) is little bit of lila/pink if you look at it from different angles.
22nd June 2011, 09:52 PM |#9  
Sp1tfire's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 146
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by (•.•)

cool, didn't know that about the white balance.

I was really wondering about this pink spot issue.

The pink spot is part a hardware issue anyway, because the camlense glass (the one that protects the cam) is little bit of lila/pink if you look at it from different angles.

Sorry to disagree, but it can't be hardware as cam works perfectly if you don't use auto white balance mode. Pink spot appears only when you take photos of white things indoors with no flashlight or other source of light.
22nd June 2011, 09:56 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 387
 
More
I even got the pink spot on my front cam, so it's got to be a software issue
22nd June 2011, 09:56 PM |#11  
Tinderbox (UK)'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag England, UK
Thanks Meter: 405
 
More
The Samsung apps app said i have an update for my camera , the date is 22/06/11 , today, so i am currently flashing it i hope it does not kill my camera
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes