FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: What do you want next after the release of ICS?

Close this thread
 
46 Vote(s)
9.20%
Jelly Bean
 
35 Vote(s)
7.00%
Make ICS even better
 
291 Vote(s)
58.20%
Keep thread open for rom related issues
 
73 Vote(s)
14.60%
A date with Rihanna(my favourite one)
 
55 Vote(s)
11.00%

[Port] Galaxy SII ICS progression(NON DEV ISSUES & Q&A)

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Matriak31, Guest on 15th November 2011, 05:51 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
As the title of the thread says anything you want to post keep it here regarding the ICS porting... Please, keep all your posts and wishes to the devs here. That is the entire point of this thread; for general discussions and non-dev issues.I will always try and keep updates in this thread and in the first post..

Also keep up to date here.
http://codeworkx.de/wordpress/2011/11/20/status-update-for-ics-on-galaxy-s-ii/


Notice to everyone before going ahead and posting in this thread. Please read here


Working
Display
Touchscreen
RIL
Audio
Wifi
GPS
Sensors
SD Cards
Bluetooth
Phone ending
Rotation
transparency fixed courtesy of Team Hacksung
HWcomposer is working now(this is what it does.For using the GPU to render the UI.)
Soft keys have now gone ala Nexus style

What's not working
Camera
Video Recording
Video Codecs
Call Mic so far not working during calls

—IMPORTANT INFO—
The team working on the project:
TeamHacksung
Xplowild



Intratech's amazing posts. Quality post 1,Quality Post 2


Thanks again to all devs for the hard work they are doing for us
The Following 98 Users Say Thank You to Matriak31 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Matriak31 Ad-Free
15th November 2011, 06:04 PM |#2  
jastonas's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Patra
Thanks Meter: 193
 
Donate to Me
More
Development thread and Q&A/General threads always end up the same... you know.. because people in dev section just noob it.

So...

Let's give some estimates?

I say I ll have ICS running in no more than 34 hours.
Matriak31
15th November 2011, 06:08 PM |#3  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jastonas

Development thread and Q&A/General threads always end up the same... you know.. because people in dev section just noob it.

So...

Let's give some estimates?

I say I ll have ICS running in no more than 34 hours.

well hope you are right about the estimates but regarding the other part i will make sure that all noob questions are posted here instead...wished i was a mod to say that noob questions posted there will be welcomed with a big ban with it anyways the thread is here now so anyone wants to leave even the most pointless post do it here instead
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
15th November 2011, 06:23 PM |#4  
King Shady's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 154
 
More
Just wondering - how many threads/posts do you have per day?
The Following User Says Thank You to King Shady For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift King Shady Ad-Free
Matriak31
15th November 2011, 06:25 PM |#5  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Shady

Just wondering - how many threads/posts do you have per day?

this is the one and only one i have King all respect to you Sir i got no lifei have the xda bug.....

EDIT:30 posts a day.... why not...better than going out and gambling or doing drugs

and anyway this is to help the team concentrate on their work and for noobs and the rest to post there stuff here...keep that thread in android section just for pure dev posts..no harm in that is there
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
15th November 2011, 06:33 PM |#6  
King Shady's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 154
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matriak31

this is the one and only one i have King all respect to you Sir i got no lifei have the xda bug.....

EDIT:30 posts a day.... why not...better than going out and gambling or doing drugs

and anyway this is to help the team concentrate on their work and for noobs and the rest to post there stuff here...keep that thread in android section just for pure dev posts..no harm in that is there

Haha true. Well I'm glad to see you helping out in all ways possible .
15th November 2011, 06:41 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 893
 
Donate to Me
More
Unhappy
I tried putting Icecream sandwich on my Galaxy S2 but I think it's incompatible! It melted and now my phone's all sticky.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to karendar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift karendar Ad-Free
15th November 2011, 06:55 PM |#8  
jeandujardin01's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karendar

I tried putting Icecream sandwich on my Galaxy S2 but I think it's incompatible! It melted and now my phone's all sticky.

aaaaww just wipe it and you'll be fine ! ^^
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeandujardin01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jeandujardin01 Ad-Free
15th November 2011, 07:04 PM |#9  
ithehappy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Calcutta
Thanks Meter: 1,948
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karendar

I tried putting Icecream sandwich on my Galaxy S2 but I think it's incompatible! It melted and now my phone's all sticky.

Here it starts ....!

• This thread should be a sticky till ICS release.
15th November 2011, 07:12 PM |#10  
tolis626's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amaliada
Thanks Meter: 617
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karendar

I tried putting Icecream sandwich on my Galaxy S2 but I think it's incompatible! It melted and now my phone's all sticky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeandujardin01

aaaaww just wipe it and you'll be fine ! ^^

If wiping it doesn't work,paint it blue(Will match the ICS theme too) and throw it in the sea.It's effective.You'll never have problems with that phone again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matriak31

well hope you are right about the estimates but regarding the other part i will make sure that all noob questions are posted here instead...wished i was a mod to say that noob questions posted there will be welcomed with a big ban with it anyways the thread is here now so anyone wants to leave even the most pointless post do it here instead

It's a good thing that noobullshit(You know,noobs' bullshit ) tend to be seperated from development thread.They just tend to though.When the day comes that XDA forums will be divided in noob and developer forums and noobs stick to their rightful place,then XDA will be a better place.Ahh Utopia...

To avoid misunderstandings:
I don't call anyone who isn't a developer a noob.If I did,I'd be calling 90% of XDA's users,including me and people much better than me,noobs.Noobs are those typical idiots with that strange sense of entitlement to other,more skilled people's work,while they don't contribute to anything.Although I'm pretty sure most of you know what I mean...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tolis626 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tolis626 Ad-Free
15th November 2011, 07:24 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 893
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolis626

If wiping it doesn't work,paint it blue(Will match the ICS theme too) and throw it in the sea.It's effective.You'll never have problems with that phone again.

To avoid misunderstandings:
I don't call anyone who isn't a developer a noob.If I did,I'd be calling 90% of XDA's users,including me and people much better than me,noobs.Noobs are those typical idiots with that strange sense of entitlement to other,more skilled people's work,while they don't contribute to anything.Although I'm pretty sure most of you know what I mean...

I knew my spur of stupidity would give good feedback. haha.

Yeah, well keep in mind that most of us have been noobs at sometime or another. What's important is how long you move away from n00bishness and become like everyone else. heh
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes