[ROM] 4.4.2 | HellKat | SGH-I757M [celoxhd] [03-01-14]

1,463 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,170

By RukusX7, Senior Member on 15th February 2014, 04:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th February 2014, 01:03 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 158

More
I did something incredibly stupid. I flashed this rom on my device: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2571133. I swapped the boot.img and the updater script and I've been running it for about an hour and a half. When it booted all I had to change was the dpi.

Please no one try what I did.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iDynamics For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iDynamics Ad-Free

20th February 2014, 01:10 AM |#102  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 2,012

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDynamics

I did something incredibly stupid. I flashed this rom on my device: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2571133. I swapped the boot.img and the updater script and I've been running it for about an hour and a half. When it booted all I had to change was the dpi.

I can't believe the display is working??? We use entirely different drivers for that. Is everything working, like Wi-Fi, mobile, gps... how about your phone (calling out, receiving call), does that work?

Sent from my SGH-I757M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to titanic_fanatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift titanic_fanatic Ad-Free
20th February 2014, 01:17 AM |#103  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanic_fanatic

I can't believe the display is working??? We use entirely different drivers for that. Is everything working, like Wi-Fi, mobile, gps... how about your phone (calling out, receiving call), does that work?

Sent from my SGH-I757M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

So far what is working: Wifi, SMS, calling out, receiving calls, and gps. I don't have a data plan so I can't try that.

I have tried only two builds and it has worked. Hellhat and Linaro by ThDude. Haven't tried any other builds yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to iDynamics For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iDynamics Ad-Free
20th February 2014, 01:25 AM |#104  

More
This isn't really proof. Anyone can edit the build.prop but I'll post it anyways.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-19-20-23-42.png
Views:	47
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	2589620  
The Following User Says Thank You to iDynamics For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iDynamics Ad-Free
20th February 2014, 02:54 AM |#105  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 4,843

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Stupid or Brave? Have a spare device lol?

Quote:

So far what is working: Wifi, SMS, calling out, receiving calls, and gps. I don't have a data plan so I can't try that.

I have tried only two builds and it has worked. Hellhat and Linaro by ThDude. Haven't tried any other builds yet.

Quote:

This isn't really proof. Anyone can edit the build.prop but I'll post it anyways.

Have you tried our BlueLightning? We are doing new builds of it tonight, Hercules users flash Skyrocket ROM's with I think only a rotation fix.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThdDude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ThdDude Ad-Free
20th February 2014, 03:34 AM |#106  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThdDude

Have you tried our BlueLightning? We are doing new builds of it tonight, Hercules users flash Skyrocket ROM's with I think only a rotation fix.

More like stupid lol because my spare device is an Htc wildfire S which is absolutely horrible.

I will try your lightning build when it's up.

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

I just flashed your latest lightning build. It is working. And Wow...It's really fast.

Edit 1: I'll be surely flashing your newest build when you upload it.
20th February 2014, 05:37 AM |#107  
OP Senior Member
Flag Red Deer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThdDude

BlueLightning is my next goal! In the past, i've done what iDyanmics has done with a skyrocket rom, but the DPI wasn't right and I wasnt able to make it look entirely correct or perfect. I am planning alternating BlueLightning and hellkat builds. But if all we need to do is swap out kernels..... @ThdDude please add my changes to support the UBER kernel. And we can start building Skyrocket ROMS???

@titanic_fanatic the reason everything works, is because they share the same video drivers. Adreno 220. But what the phones do not share entirely, is located in the kernel. the kernel stores all the information the phone needs to make EVERYTHING work. I forget where I read this, maybe it was faux123, but the kernel is like the engine and transmission, you're not going anywhere without it, and its basically what does all the work to make a car go. The body and seats, and buttons, and gauges are like the ROM, your interface to read and control the vehicle. Ive been researching to understand the difference entirely, and that is honestly how I came up with the kernel. I started to notice similarities and differences of things. I started to realize, that you can build almost any rom (aside from possible framework differences) for any device. titanic_fanatic has proven that to me with SlimKat, Paranoid Android, and CM11.

@iDynamics its not likely you will mess your phone up because of the wrong rom. Please someone correct me if i am wrong. But the worst Ive ever had was, things just didnt work right. Now, go ahead and flash an incorrect kernel, now you're playing with fire. But the warning doesnt stop there. Our phones share EXACTLY the same partition layout at the skyrocket and hercules. Even the Note 1. Now, flash a rom that is for say the Galaxy S 3 which has a different partition layout, you'll find dragons. I'm really excited that you found this out.

@titanic_fanatic Another thought. Ive been bothered that the vendor files for our phone perhaps aren't too different than the vendor files for the skyrocket or hercules and possibly a little more maintained (you are only one person after all) And perhaps, we've stumbled onto something really awesome here for our device. You've done so many changes based on the Skyrocket, its insanely awesome.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RukusX7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RukusX7 Ad-Free
20th February 2014, 05:41 AM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Flag Red Deer

Donate to Me
More
@iDynamics so... does Sweep2wake work???
20th February 2014, 05:47 AM |#109  
OP Senior Member
Flag Red Deer

Donate to Me
More
@ThdDude is there any advantage to building your kernels with the rom? OR can we package it up like this if things work?
The Following User Says Thank You to RukusX7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RukusX7 Ad-Free
20th February 2014, 06:07 AM |#110  
OP Senior Member
Flag Red Deer

Donate to Me
More
@iDynamics You have no idea the awesome you just unleashed inside my brain.
The Following User Says Thank You to RukusX7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RukusX7 Ad-Free
20th February 2014, 06:15 AM |#111  

More
I'd like to report two issues I have noticed so far on the blue lightning rom.. I'm not sure if it is like this normally on the device it was made for or because I flashed it on our device.

1. I'm having some graphical glitches every so often. It usually happens when I wake up the screen. The right side of the screen flashes some green lines for literally half a second. I've also had the entire screen just go wonky twice so far when I returned to the home screen from closing down an app

2. When I reboot the phone, the screen brightness I have set doesn't stick. The brightness is at max when it first boots to the home screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukusx7

@iDynamics so... does Sweep2wake work???

No it doesn't work.

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukusx7

@iDynamics You have no idea the awesome you just unleashed inside my brain.

Glad I was some assistance.

Edit: See the image attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-20-02-30-52[1].jpg
Views:	48
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	2590075  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)