[ROM] 4.4.2 | HellKat | SGH-I757M [celoxhd] [03-01-14]

1,463 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,170

By RukusX7, Senior Member on 15th February 2014, 04:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th January 2017, 12:39 AM |#261  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
NFC cannot turn on. Poor camera, phone dialer, text messaging, and people address book. Cannot move apks to external microSD.

26th January 2017, 04:57 AM |#262  
OP Senior Member
Flag Red Deer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by proza

NFC cannot turn on. Poor camera, phone dialer, text messaging, and people address book. Cannot move apks to external microSD.

I'm surprised you resurrected this dinosaur of a ROM to your device. There is better source code out theret than what built this ROM.
26th January 2017, 04:12 PM |#263  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RukusX7

I'm surprised you resurrected this dinosaur of a ROM to your device. There is better source code out theret than what built this ROM.

Source code? I need to build it? I try to find LL or MM, but nothing is built for this phone.
26th January 2017, 04:28 PM |#264  
OP Senior Member
Flag Red Deer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by proza

Source code? I need to build it? I try to find LL or MM, but nothing is built for this phone.

Yes. If you want an updated ROM you will need to build from available sources. Start with titanic-fanatic 's repo on github.

Edit: it's not difficult to build this ROM. Titanic-fanatic gives step by step instructions and build scripts on his github. I'd suggest learning how an Android build environment is setup first.

Tip, build cm11

Tip2, galaxy s ii skyrocket is almost the same device. They might and will share repos.
26th January 2017, 04:42 PM |#265  
OP Senior Member
Flag Red Deer

Donate to Me
More
Just to add, in all honesty, I'd ditch this device and buy something else. If it's stuck at cm11, you aren't receiving security updates and it has more bugs than stock.

So, money might be an issue , I understand. I could suggest finding and old nexus 4 or 5 perhaps. You can find those for 100 to 250 CAD dollars. OR, you can try an a chinese brand such as leagoo. I've bought the leagoo m5 as backup. It's not full of custom ROMs, but there are some. Also turns out to be a handy, long battery life, functional device for only $100 CAD. Check it out.
The Following User Says Thank You to RukusX7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RukusX7 Ad-Free
3rd February 2017, 07:01 PM |#266  

More
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...5-5-2-t3234984
19th April 2019, 03:38 AM |#267  
Flag Minsk
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Thank you for a link, brother! However, with big regret i found that the ROM is incompatible with our SGH-i757m.

Guys, is there a professional who could compile an update for our phone?
Would love to see upgrade for SGH-i757m. The hardware is still working like a charm and i use it as a second phone. However, some apps i need require Android 5.0 or higher nowadays.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)