This is a fairly new ROM built from the Paranoid Android 2+ source code.
I do not develop this ROM nor do I provide support for it.
I felt that we needed a new topic to talk about this PAndroid ROM as the CM10 topic was getting pretty hefty and unorganized.
Since the development for this ROM is new, don't expect it to be as stable as CM9. Check "What Doesn't Work" for a list of what's broken!
If you still don't know what ClockWorkMod Recovery or Paranoid Android is, Google it or search XDA.
WARNING! Do not flash this to a different device model from the one it's meant for. It will not work with the other Galaxy S2 iterations, so don't try it with the Bell Galaxy S2 I9100M (non-HD). DO NOT flash it on the Asian variant of the GS2 HD (SHV-E120) either, as it uses slightly different internal hardware - the ROM will be unstable and the phone component will not work. If you are sure you have the CANADIAN Bell Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SGH-I757M), you may continue.
Flashing The Recovery Menu
- Do you have the stock recovery menu installed? If so, move to step two. If you already have CWM installed, move to "Flashing Paranoid Android"
- Download Odin from here: bit.ly/WXpnCN AND download CWM Recovery here: bit.ly/WXpfDA
- Start your SGH-i757m in 'Download Mode' (Shut off device. Hold the Volume Down key while powering the phone on. The device will vibrate and soon you will see a Warning screen, where you will need to press Volume Up to enter Download mode.)
- While in Download Mode, start up Odin and connect your phone to the PC via USB. You should see a status message in Odin saying your device was "added".
- In Odin, press the 'BOOTLOADER' button and select the CWM TAR file you downloaded from step two.
- In Odin, press Start. Once Odin is done it should say "PASS". If it doesn't finish or is stuck, try re-downloading the recovery file.
- Your device will reboot.
Flashing Paranoid Android
- Download the latest version of PAndroid from Socim's Dev-Host: bit.ly/WK042w AND G-Apps from: bit.ly/117KEsZ
- Place both *.zip files on your Micro-SD card. Do NOT Extract Them!
- Start your phone into CWM Recovery mode. To accomplish this hold down the Power Button to turn the phone on, and then immediately hold down Volume Up + Volume Down at the same time. Let go of the buttons at the exact moment you see the "Samsung" Logo.
- Select "Wipe Data/Factory Reset"
- Then choose "Install Zip" then "Chose Zip From External SDCard" and select the PAndroid version you downloaded in step one. Do this TWICE just to be sure.
- Next flash the G-Apps file you downloaded from step one the same way.
- OPTIONAL: If you need to install the Stock Bell ICS Modem, now would be the time to do it. You can get it from dsixda's Dev-Host: http://bit.ly/Wu4SJe
- Reboot your device.
What Doesn't Work