[SHW-M250*] Korean Galaxy SII M250S / M250K / M250L Users

Search This thread

davidspwy

Nov 9, 2010
thank you very much for the reply..
Do I need to root my device to flash into siyah kernel? coz i've read on one site that it requires root access and CWM recovery mode.. my s2 is purely on stock.. sorry newbie here :(
please give me a link to follow the steps on how to flash siyah kernel.. tnx

u're newbie,so better search before ask.i have told u the way,u could find many links in the xda.
using odin3 or heidmall to flash the kernel

Reactions: corts.mike

corts.mike

Feb 1, 2012
u're newbie,so better search before ask.i have told u the way,u could find many links in the xda.
using odin3 or heidmall to flash the kernel

SiyahKernel v2.6.11
Korean (M250K/M250S) Version: TAR, ZIP
>> I downloaded the SiyahKernel v2.6.11 .tar and .zip for my Galaxy s2 korean version.. what is the first thing I must do? should i use odin and flash the .tar file to root it? alongside how can I install ClockworkMod Recovery? Is the .tar file compatible w/ my stock kernel version M250K.EL02?

Riz000

Oct 30, 2011
Multan
Www.GsmStreet.Net
Hello All plz help me i need to convert mu shw-m250k Korean To Samsung i9100

plz help how can i do this.

firmware = 2.3.5

baseband version = M250K.EI01.0951.KT

Kernel Version = 2.6.35.7-M250K.EI21.1056-CL556226

Build Number = GINGERBREAD.EI21

davidspwy

Nov 9, 2010
Hello All plz help me i need to convert mu shw-m250k Korean To Samsung i9100

plz help how can i do this.

firmware = 2.3.5

1wipe cache
2find the i9100 stock rom and the corresponding pit file.
3then flash them with odin.
that's all!

PS:do search in xda if u dont know wt i said.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

SiyahKernel v2.6.11
Korean (M250K/M250S) Version: TAR, ZIP
>> I downloaded the SiyahKernel v2.6.11 .tar and .zip for my Galaxy s2 korean version.. what is the first thing I must do? should i use odin and flash the .tar file to root it? alongside how can I install ClockworkMod Recovery? Is the .tar file compatible w/ my stock kernel version M250K.EL02?

use odin to flash the .tar file. after u flashed the SiyahKernel v2.6.11, u could find Hyperdroid Redpill Kernel Recovery; if u need CWM, then flash the older version of SiyahKernel. yr stock kernel will be replaced by SiyahKernel! do search in XDA if u dont know wt i mean!

drummer10630

Dec 30, 2005
Philippines
I successfully rooted and flashed my Korean shw-m250s with Villain Rom 3.0 using the method on page 23 of this thread. It works great here in Thailand, thank you to member "m444266" for the great post.

Riz000

Oct 30, 2011
Multan
Www.GsmStreet.Net
i have some files but need step by step guide plz help

i have these files

[Root]HOME_M250K.EI21.1056_CL556226_REV02_user_low_ship.tar

Tegrak-Kernel-Build-26-for-M250K-EI21

Lulz-Kernel-Build-14-for-M250K-EI21

how to use plz help i m new on android

my set info

firmware = 2.3.5

need info how to cf-root and convert it to I9100

davidspwy

Nov 9, 2010
i have some files but need step by step guide plz help

i have these files

[Root]HOME_M250K.EI21.1056_CL556226_REV02_user_low_ship.tar

Tegrak-Kernel-Build-26-for-M250K-EI21

Lulz-Kernel-Build-14-for-M250K-EI21

how to use plz help i m new on android

my set info

firmware = 2.3.5

need info how to cf-root and convert it to I9100

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16571166&postcount=226
DO SEARCH BEFORE U ASK...

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

1wipe cache
2find the i9100 stock rom and the corresponding pit file.
3then flash them with odin.
that's all!

PS:do search in xda if u dont know wt i said.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

2find the i9100 stock rom and the corresponding pit file
plz any stock room I9100 link ?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1075278
DO SEARCH BEFORE U ASK...

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

anybody got newest original fw for m250k pl ??

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22016887&postcount=693
DO SEARCH BEFORE U ASK..

FOR THOSE WHO DONT SEARCH BEFORE ASK,WATCH THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA&hd=1

Last edited:

davidspwy

Nov 9, 2010
Can some one please give me some english link. I cannot download it from here because it requires sign in

you can simply reg. it for free.
anyway,try this,just search in net,it's a korean site.
http://jctool.tistory.com/98

---------- Post added at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

successfully update m250k but now yellow sign on start up how to remove

hey noob, just back up your current kernel with ktool, then flash a stock kernel with odin/heimdall, next restore the previous kernel with ktool again. if you still dont know what i mean, hope you can try to search by your hand in XDA. :rolleyes:

jeremyisme

Dec 22, 2011
Seoul
hi all..

please help me on how to root my gs2
FIRMWARE VERSION === 2.3.6
BASEBAND VERSION === M250K.EI21.0303.KT
KERNEL VERSION === 2.6.35.7-M250K.EL02.1409-CL775418

>>> please help me to find cf-root EL02 kernel or recommend a kernel that will work on mine... tnx
>>>this forum is very helpful for me coz I live in the philippines and reading this for a moment now solved my problem about calling issues and sms problems.. really helped me a lot.. tnx.. now just hoping that there is a way to root my sgs2 :(

Give SuperOneClick a try. I rooted my M250K, (EK23, 2.3.6) with it no problems. I used SuperOneClick v2.3.1 (there are a few newer versions now).

I took this back to NZ a couple of weeks ago and there were no lock issues. Just stuck my Vodafone sim card in, and away I went. Data, SMS, calls, all fine.

There is a new update on Kies available for my phone though, (I think it is the EL02 you have), but I won't update to that unless I know it can be rooted too.

MemoryController

Dec 21, 2011
Thessaloniki
Give SuperOneClick a try. I rooted my M250K, (EK23, 2.3.6) with it no problems. I used SuperOneClick v2.3.1 (there are a few newer versions now).

I took this back to NZ a couple of weeks ago and there were no lock issues. Just stuck my Vodafone sim card in, and away I went. Data, SMS, calls, all fine.

There is a new update on Kies available for my phone though, (I think it is the EL02 you have), but I won't update to that unless I know it can be rooted too.

Just unpack the initrd fron the EL02 zImage and modify it to auto root the device and BAM ur rooted:p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

batmunkhb

Apr 20, 2011
I just tried CM7 mode on Galaxy S2 m250l U+ and it kind of working well, but after few message in Chinese i backed up my phone to original. Because the zip file for CM7 was made by Chinese people it kind of lack of other kind languages so messages came in Chinese no matter what language it it written originally.
Now I'm going to try other zip files... wish me a luck :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I WON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU BRICKED YOU PHONE. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK
    Tested ONLY on M250S/K
    HOW TO CONVERT YOUR PHONE TO I9100

Follow these instructions carefully:
    1. Download Odin and extract(look for attachment)
    2. Download an ICS rom from http://goo.gl/n6u3
    3. Open Odin(run as administrator if using win7 or vista)
    4. Fill up only the PDA with the rom you got from sam firmware
    5. Fill the PIT using the I9100 pit from the attachment(check if re-partition is ticked)
    6. Reboot your phone to download mode by pressing [Power+Voldown+home button at the same time]
    7. Connect your phone to pc then check if Odin recognized the device(there should be a yellow signal). Something like 0:[COM3}
    It should look like this:
    Capture.jpg

8. Hit start and pray for luck
    9. Enjoy! (if you are experiencing some problems, just do a factory reset of your phone )
    10. In case you want to revert back to m250, just do the same as above but changing the PDA with a korean rom and the m250k pit given from the attachment.
    NOTE:If you are experiencing any problems, do a full wipe or factory reset. I recommend doing this because you're converting your phone into a different phone :D

LOCKSCREEN AND POWER BUTTON ISSUES(Need to be Rooted):
    For lockscreen and power options you can solve this prob by folllowing this
    1. Using a root browser navigate to /efs/imei
    2. Create file "keystr"
    3. Open it as text and write "ON"
    4. Set permissions to rwx rwx rwx
    5. Reboot
    Originally posted by Memorycontroller. Cheers to him :D
    If you are not yet rooted, read the next steps

CONS:
    1. Gyroscope not working or buggy(for others it is but for me it's fine. I can play asphalt with no difficulties)
    2. Weak Vibration
    3. Weak mobile signal or connection. Look for a diffirent modems. Try the one I attached at this post I9100_radio NELP2. Flash it using CWM. I'm currently using it and I don't experience any difficulties in mobile connection except of course if I'm on the comfort room or in mountains. LOL
    4. No NFC capabalities (there's a fix for it; search for in the forums)

PROS:
    1. You can now be at ease at the removal of the irritating 80sms character limitation
    2. Your phone is the same as the international I9100. It basically does almost the same.
    3. You can flash all I9100 roms and kernels(do at your own risk)
    4. No Korean bloatware apps. Like t-map,t-store and the like
    5. Rooting is a walk in the park.(easier and has more support)

If you can add more pros and cons, please leave a comment :D

ROOTING YOUR PHONE(I9100)
    1. Download kernels like Siyah kernel or CF Kernel. If you use the CF-Kernel, be sure that the kernel you download is compatible with the firmware you are currently using. Link for Siyah http://goo.gl/RVSp4 Link for CF-root http://goo.gl/ehSbJ
    2. Now go into download mode by pressing [Power+Voldown+home button at the same time]
    3. Connect your phone through a usb cable to your pc.
    4. Run ODIN(run as admin if using win7 or vista). Odin should read your device if there is a yellow signal on the upper right
    5. It should look something like this: DO NOT TICK THE REPARTION
    Capture2.png

6. Now hit start and pray for luck :D
    7. To check if you are successful, look for a supersu icon(the app with a pirate android) or just download the root checker in the play store.
    8. Enjoy :D
    NOTE: Flashing a custom kernel or rooting the device will result into a yellow warning sign when you boot your phone. This means you have flashed a kernel that is not officially made by samsung. Meaning you have void your warranty. I warn you.

ROOTING YOUR PHONE(SHW-M250*
    1. Go download a pre-rooted firmware at http://goo.gl/yDrx3. Use google chrome to translate the page to Enligsh. Look for the (routing version). Be sure to download the correct firmware for your carrier. If you're using SHW-M250S, download SKT and KT if SHW-m250K.
    2. Now go into download mode by pressing [Power+Voldown+home button at the same time]
    3. Connect your phone through a usb cable to your pc
    4. Run ODIN(run as admin if using win7 or vista). Check for the successful connection of ODIN to your phone buy checking the yellow SIGNAL at the upper right corner. Something like 0:[COM3}
    5. It should look something like this:
    Capture3.png

6. Hit start
    7. If successful, there should be an app that looks like an ndroid pirate. Click the first choice for root, Second for un-root, Third choice for restart. :D
    8. Enjoy

REVERTING BACK TO SHW-m250* FROM AN I9100
    1. Download the firmware from http://goo.gl/yDrx3. Be sure to download the correct firmware for you phone. SK for M250, and KT For M250K. Either choose the rooting version or the normal one.
    2. Download the pit attached from this post. Use the m250k_pit(can work on both m250k and m250s)
    3. Go to download mode by pressing [Power+Voldown+home button at the same time] then click the Vol up to confirm to go to download mode. There should be big Android in the center of the screen.
    4. Run ODIN(run as admin if using win7 or vista) then connect your phone to you pc through a usb cable.
    5. Fill up the PDA using the Firmware you got. Fill up the pit using the m250k_pit I provided in the attached file.
    6. It should look something like this:
    Capture4.png

7. Hit start and pray for luck
    8. Rebooting would take quite some time. Enjoy :D
    I recently bought a SGS2 M250k running on android 2.3.3. I want to update it to ICS (preferably the international version, then install a custom rom). I have browsed this thread and I cant seem to find any detailed guide on how to do this. Im afraid that I might brick my phone since it is my first time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Follow these instructions carefully:
    1. Download Odin and extract(look for attachment)
    2. Download an ICS rom from http://goo.gl/n6u3
    3. Open Odin(run as administrator if using win7 or vista)
    4. Fill up only the PDA with the rom you got from sam firmware
    5. Fill the PIT using the I9100 pit from the attachment(check if re-partition is ticked)
    6. Reboot your phone to download mode by pressing [Power+Voldown+home button at the same time]
    7. Connect your phone to pc then check if Odin recognized the device(there should be a yellow signal)
    It should look like this:

Capture.jpg

8. Hit start and pray for luck
    9. Enjoy! (if you are experiencing some problems, just do a factory reset of your phone :))
    10. In case you want to revert back to m250, just do the same as above but changing the PDA with a korean rom and the m250k pit given from the attachment

I have a galaxy S2 M250K phone, and i have flashed XXLQ5 room 4.0.4 then i wipe factory this. now, I think it has birck, I try into Download mod anh CMW but not yes. Can you help me???
    Thanks for your help!!!

Can you enter download mode? If not, I think you might have potentially bricked your phone.
    Actually you can solve this problem:

1. Using a root browser navigate to /efs/imei
    2. Create file "keystr"
    3. Open it as text and write "ON"
    4. Set permissions to rwx rwx rwx
    5. Reboot
    6. Hit thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
    Steps to Flash Official Korean ICS through ODIN

Download the appropriate Firmware for your phone model.
    Open the page below and you will see a download link there.

M250K
    Rooted KT Firmware

M250L
    Rooted LGU+ Firmware

M250S
    Rooted SKT Firmware

Download ODIN Here

Optional:
    Download Samsung USB Drivers

The file you downloaded will be in a .tar file.
    Don't extract it.
    RootFirm.jpg

Run ODIN as administrator.
    Now you will see this screen:
    ODIN.jpg

Click on PDA and select the file you have downloaded.
    ODIN2.jpg

Turn OFF your phone.
    Enter ODIN Mode (Press On while holding the VOLUME DOWN and MENU BUTTON)
    (A Korean Text Warning will appear with an Exclamation triangle on the center bottom)
    (Press the Volume Up to proceed to ODIN Mode)

Plug your phone to your pc.
    You will see your ODIN interface change and will see that your phone is connected via 0:[COMXX]. Mine is on COM33
    NOTE: If you are still on Gingerbread Firmware, you will see 0:[COMXX] and 1:[COMXX]. This is normal.
    ODIN3.jpg

Make sure AUTO REBOOT is checked.
    Press Start.
    You will see the LOG on the lower left update.

<ID:0/033> Added!!
    <ID:0/033> Odin v.3 engine (ID:33)..
    <ID:0/033> File analysis..
    <ID:0/033> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/033> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/033> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/033> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/033> zImage
    <ID:0/033> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/033> modem.bin
    <ID:0/033> factoryfs.img
    <ID:0/033> Sbl.bin
    <ID:0/033> RQT_CLOSE !!
    <ID:0/033> RES OK !!
    <ID:0/033> Completed..
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
    <ID:0/041> Added!!

Once Completed the phone will restart. Go through all the introductory settings.
    Open your applications menu, and scroll through all the pages to find the app with SUPERUSER Logo;
    hi-256-0-34c0098fc95d50eef1ab7933f4d9efdd0da07b29

The text is in Korean.
    Open it and select the 2ND Option.
    After that your phone is now rooted.

Note: If ODIN failed flashing, try using another USB PORT or another USB Cable. As much as possible use the Original Samsung Micro USB Cable.
    I have tried to get rid of the damn roaming screen but it still pops up and it doesnt seem to recognize my number so I have to change sender whenever I want to SMS.

Can anyone please point me to a guide on how to install a custom/stock ROM.
    I want to get rid of this Korean bloatware.

I have a M250K
    After spending some time on the roaming issue, I finally found a way to disable this pop up. Turns out that it s quite easy:

1. Download the app Anycut
    2. Launch Anycut
    3. Select " Create New Shortcut"
    4. Select " Activity"
    5. Roll down until you find and select "Roaming Auto Dial"
    6. The new shortcut is created - exit Anycut.
    7. Launch your new shortcut and disable Roaming Auto Dial.

Hope this help.

Cheers