I guess we'll need to wait and see..........
Okay so I have flashed the ROM over, the single .tar file, and it installed no problem, and setup no problem, so far so good, I will tell everyone what i've done so far
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100GT Australian Unlocked Model
I had Android 2.3.6 Official ROM (I9100XWKK2_I9100XSAKK1_XSA) installed previously
Here we go:
1. Backed up all my crap
2. Turned off phone and waited until 100% charge
3. Booted into Recovery (Hold Power and Vol Up while phone is off)
4. Wiped cache and did a full format/wipe
5. Rebooted and held down Vol Down and Power Button at the same time to
get into 'Download Mode'
6. Opened Odin v1.85
7. Mounted I9100XXLPQ_I9100OXALPQ_I9100XXLPQ_HOME.tar.md5 in the PDA section
8. Clicked start
9. Once everyone completed successfully and the phone got into the setup menu, i skipped everything and went to the dialer and put in this code!
10. The phone will now go into a Factory Wipe mode, fully deleting everything and freshly again applying the ICS install
11. Once it is all setup and your at the home page, connect yourself to Samsung Updates if you wish, and software updates, and then restart your phone, it's always good to
restart to complete the setup and first time launching of a ROM on your phone, after that do as you wish
12. I am now setting up the phone as we speak, and will update you as to how it runs, the stability for me, and perhaps battery life later on after it's had time to calibrate and do its thing
I hope I helped!
Or gave some insight!
Must not agree with you, i did go through steps from 1 through 8, but i must say, the rom has problems:
1. If you try games like "Draw Something" you will notice that the screen is not responsive as it used to be in 2.3. I then try to enable "Force 2D acceleration" on the developer settings. The game did become slightly better, but still not as before.
2. Having that "Force 2D acceleration" checked, and trying to change the wallpaper, it keeps force closing, disabling the "Force 2D acceleration" did fix the problem and it stopped force closing!
Something is definitely not quite right with the screen performance.
|"bricked" phones on ebay - yummie, drugs???, final jb fw for galaxy s2 gt-i9100, galaxy s ii jb update, galaxy s3 rom on galaxy s2, i9100xwls8, intratech rocks, jelly bean for galaxy s2, lsd, stock roms, torrent|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|