15th March 2012, 11:26 AM |#1341  
Flag Sunshine Coast
Thanks Meter: 81

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neopheX

This does nothing

As i stated i do not think this is a real genuine or 'official' release as ppl agreed with me on this. It's too buggy and sluggish.

The firmware is Official, Sammobile has insiders that provide them with Information, and this is suppose to be official as well as the other country ones with different LPX endings, back in this thread, someone was saying the early GB releases were a bit dodge for some people too that were upgrading, so if it's become a rule of thumb, after a few releases the ICS releases for SGS2 will be in prime shape, the kernel is apparently causing most of the issues

I guess we'll need to wait and see..........
15th March 2012, 11:27 AM |#1342  
Flag Royal Tunbridge Wells
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sharpey

Here is a torrent for the 3 separate files. Feel free to download individual files, or all three.

But please seed.

I9100_CSC_XXLPQ_XEO.tar.zip
I9100_MODEM_OXALPQ_XEO.tar.zip
I9100_PDA_XXLPQ_XEO.tar.zip

also

Odin3_v1.85.zip

Thanks.

I was seeding the corrupt 3 file version mentioned above. Please abort download.
15th March 2012, 11:36 AM |#1343  
Flag Sunshine Coast

Donate to Me
More
*NOTES*:
*~*THIS ROM DISABLES THE USE OF A USB JIG TO RESET YOUR CUSTOM ROM COUNTER (THIS IS NOT A CUSTOM ROM,
SO IF THIS IS YOUR ONLY ROM YOUR FLASHING, OR YOU'VE FLASHED ONLY OFFICIAL ROMS AND KERNELS, THEN THIS DOESN'T
MATTER TO YOU, YOU WILL NEED TO FLASH BACK TO AN EARLIER GB (2.3.6 OR EARLIER) TO USE THE JIG I BELIEVE, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED*~*

Okay so I have flashed the ROM over, the single .tar file, and it installed no problem, and setup no problem, so far so good, I will tell everyone what i've done so far

~ Things To Know:
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100GT Australian Unlocked Model
I had Android 2.3.6 Official ROM (I9100XWKK2_I9100XSAKK1_XSA) installed previously
I am using Odin V1.85
I downloaded ICS 4.0.3 (I9100XXLPQ_I9100OXALPQ_XEO)

Here we go:
1. Backed up all my crap
2. Turned off phone and waited until 100% charge
3. Booted into Recovery (Hold Power and Vol Up while phone is off)
4. Wiped cache and did a full format/wipe
5. Rebooted and held down Vol Down and Power Button at the same time to
get into 'Download Mode'
6. Opened Odin v1.85
7. Mounted I9100XXLPQ_I9100OXALPQ_I9100XXLPQ_HOME.tar.md5 in the PDA section
8. Clicked start
9. Once everyone completed successfully and the phone got into the setup menu, i skipped everything and went to the dialer and put in this code!
*2767*3855#
10. The phone will now go into a Factory Wipe mode, fully deleting everything and freshly again applying the ICS install
11. Once it is all setup and your at the home page, connect yourself to Samsung Updates if you wish, and software updates, and then restart your phone, it's always good to
restart to complete the setup and first time launching of a ROM on your phone, after that do as you wish

I will continue to update you as to how it runs, the stability for me, and perhaps battery life later on after it's had time to calibrate and do its thing

"MY" RESULTS:
Good Stuff
- Smooth
- Transitions could be tweaked for even smoother feel
- No crashes yet (4 hours heavy use)
- Tested "I Am Number 4" in 1080p MP4 file, not a hitch, great fluid playback
- Dragging items around on the home screen, and pinching in and out of the home screens is not laggy
- Dragging apps around on the home screens is smooth too, alot faster for me than GB
- WIFI is connected and working
- It has Swype installed and works great so far
- Instead of a blue neony light when you touch swype buttons as standard, they are now a yellowy orange instead

Bad Stuff
Cannot change wallpaper with 2D GPU Rendering enabled (disabled by default)
[Turn 2D GPU Rendering on AFTER you have configured your wallpapers, as it adds smoothness to the transitions]

I hope I helped!
Or gave some insight!
Please thank me if i've helped! button is over there --->
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ex()rcizm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ex()rcizm Ad-Free
15th March 2012, 11:41 AM |#1344  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 1,224

More
People talking about it not being smooth, well it certainly isn't my experience. I have it running with Nova Prime (my new favourite launcher) and the whole UI is like a hot knife through butter. Perhaps it isn't quite as polished as CheckROM, but it's not going to be given Gadget and Leo have had the stability of the latest GB builds and their own additions to perfect it. But this is the first proper ICS release, you can't expect perfection and it's certainly better than the GB rom that came with the phone when it was first released. I got my Galaxy SII last May about a week after it was released in the UK and the stock OS it came with was dire and bugged to hell.

On a side note I can't wait for a kernel with voltage tables -- not being able to underclock or undervolt the CPU is a bit annoying at the moment and the only thing really missing. I'm also getting a few root issues with some apps but not others, I'm hoping another kernel will fix this.
15th March 2012, 11:46 AM |#1345  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex()rcizm

Okay so I have flashed the ROM over, the single .tar file, and it installed no problem, and setup no problem, so far so good, I will tell everyone what i've done so far

*NOTES*:
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100GT Australian Unlocked Model
I had Android 2.3.6 Official ROM (I9100XWKK2_I9100XSAKK1_XSA) installed previously

Here we go:
1. Backed up all my crap
2. Turned off phone and waited until 100% charge
3. Booted into Recovery (Hold Power and Vol Up while phone is off)
4. Wiped cache and did a full format/wipe
5. Rebooted and held down Vol Down and Power Button at the same time to
get into 'Download Mode'
6. Opened Odin v1.85
7. Mounted I9100XXLPQ_I9100OXALPQ_I9100XXLPQ_HOME.tar.md5 in the PDA section
8. Clicked start
9. Once everyone completed successfully and the phone got into the setup menu, i skipped everything and went to the dialer and put in this code!
*2767*3855#
10. The phone will now go into a Factory Wipe mode, fully deleting everything and freshly again applying the ICS install
11. Once it is all setup and your at the home page, connect yourself to Samsung Updates if you wish, and software updates, and then restart your phone, it's always good to
restart to complete the setup and first time launching of a ROM on your phone, after that do as you wish
12. I am now setting up the phone as we speak, and will update you as to how it runs, the stability for me, and perhaps battery life later on after it's had time to calibrate and do its thing

I hope I helped!
Or gave some insight!

Good job!
Anyone installing ICS without doing steps 1 to 8 + wiping dalvic shouldn't be complaining about bugs or lags.
15th March 2012, 11:54 AM |#1346  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Talking
I flashed this rom 48 hours ago. (Tuesday night Australian time). I did not factory re-set or wipe. I then charged overnight.

Battery 1 day 12 hours 34 minutes 65% Bluetooth, WiFi and GPS all active. Yes the phone has had only very light usage but still impressive.

The gps finds my location very quickly even when I'm inside and within a couple of metres.

I am very impressed with this ICS rom. Everything I have tried has worked and unlike some others no random re-boots. I'll be keeping it.
15th March 2012, 11:54 AM |#1347  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Ok, so i have upgraded to LPQ with checkfus and ODIN (not OTA or KIES). And i have XXLPQ_NEE. Can i get a rooted kernel for NEE ? Or can i use XEO for it?

Thanks.
15th March 2012, 12:14 PM |#1348  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 231

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimer81

Good job!
Anyone installing ICS without doing steps 1 to 8 + wiping dalvic shouldn't be complaining about bugs or lags.

Must not agree with you, i did go through steps from 1 through 8, but i must say, the rom has problems:
1. If you try games like "Draw Something" you will notice that the screen is not responsive as it used to be in 2.3. I then try to enable "Force 2D acceleration" on the developer settings. The game did become slightly better, but still not as before.
2. Having that "Force 2D acceleration" checked, and trying to change the wallpaper, it keeps force closing, disabling the "Force 2D acceleration" did fix the problem and it stopped force closing!

Something is definitely not quite right with the screen performance.
The Following User Says Thank You to amnya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift amnya Ad-Free
15th March 2012, 12:17 PM |#1349  
Flag Sunshine Coast

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnya

Must not agree with you, i did go through steps from 1 through 8, but i must say, the rom has problems:
1. If you try games like "Draw Something" you will notice that the screen is not responsive as it used to be in 2.3. I then try to enable "Force 2D acceleration" on the developer settings. The game did become slightly better, but still not as before.
2. Having that "Force 2D acceleration" checked, and trying to change the wallpaper, it keeps force closing, disabling the "Force 2D acceleration" did fix the problem and it stopped force closing!

Something is definitely not quite right with the screen performance.

You fixed my Wallpaper crashing problem! Thanks!
15th March 2012, 12:19 PM |#1350  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
can we flash to siyah kernel after root? because i tried and it stucked on the boot screen (without looping). wondering if u guys face the same problem
15th March 2012, 12:26 PM |#1351  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 231

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex()rcizm

You fixed my Wallpaper crashing problem! Thanks!

You are most welcome Just wish i can play draw something as i used to! The touch response is VERY BAD!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
"bricked" phones on ebay - yummie, drugs???, final jb fw for galaxy s2 gt-i9100, galaxy s ii jb update, galaxy s3 rom on galaxy s2, i9100xwls8, intratech rocks, jelly bean for galaxy s2, lsd, stock roms, torrent
Previous Thread Next Thread