FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

USB Device Not Recognized in Download Mode [SOLVED]

1,376 posts
Thanks Meter: 750

By soraxd, Senior Member on 15th April 2012, 07:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
so yeah.. im on Lite-ing rom 2.6.. i came from a 2.3.6 rom, used odin to flash, everything went fine. i went to update to liteing rom 2.7 and went into download mode, but when i go into download mode and connect my phone, i get USB Device Not Recognized .. it doesnt happen when my phone is turned on and connected, everything works fine, no issues. its only when im in Download Mode that i have this problem..

SOOO trying to be smart i plugged my phone in, it connected COM3 appeared, i rebooted phone into download mode, and flashed my rom.. it goes half way and then that USB Device Not Recognized popped up.. so now my phone is bricked i swear.. i cant even get into Recovery Mode, and Download Mode is useless..

what ive tried so far:
3 different computers (all running W7)
all USB ports on all computers
Installing, Uninstalling, Wiping all Kies data, lots of restarting
tried 4 USB cables

ive been at this for HOURS.. someone please help me.. im so far in over my head here and im afraid my phone is gonna be gone for good

*note: i had both SIM and MicroSD card removed thru all of this
SOLVEDDD

i did it omg.. well i hope someone in the future can look at this and maybe get some help.. heres what i did:

so i opened up odin3, plugged the USB into the computer (but not phone yet), restarted Download Mode (yes this actually makes a difference) and plugged the micro end into the phone, and look what popped up!
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
but aww it went to remove immediately ..
so i unplug micro end from phone, pop battery and re enter Download Mode, then plug in again,
ahh it did it again.. lets try again (btw simply unplugging and replugging didnt trigger this effect, i had to restart Download Mode each time). so then this time i got THISS

yay it didnt remove itself, held breath, moved slowly, clicked Start and phew it worked.. i thought it was all over for me.. anyways i hope someone will search this up one day and itll offer some help.
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to soraxd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soraxd Ad-Free

15th July 2012, 06:55 AM |#2  
Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thumbs up
I did search, and thanks for writing abt your experience.
I'll try and reply soon ....
-------------------------------------------

OK, here is what i did.
Reinstalled Kies.
Restarted PC.
Connected Phone to kies in Samsung Kies mode.
Restarted in Download Mode, then connected to USB.
Voila... it was detected.
16th January 2013, 11:16 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Helped me. Thanks
5th February 2013, 03:05 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
for me, the only way i could get it to work, plug in cord (only into comp) put back into download mode, plug in BEFORE i volume up to continue, plug in, vol up to continue and then it downloaded the drivers
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joshkidner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joshkidner Ad-Free
5th February 2013, 08:57 PM |#5  
Flag boqata
Thanks Meter: 7

More
here is the good news
i faced this problem in my s2 .. I've done all the things that you do[what ive tried so far: 3 different computers (all running W7) ..all USB ports on all computers ..Installing, Uninstalling, Wiping all Kies data, lots of restarting .. tried 4 USB cables] and finly nothing happend .. Then I had an idea that to clean the phone usb port - look in the picture - and thats work the phone go in to a download mode perfectly
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130205_221220.jpg
Views:	11978
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	1706442  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rabea-abo-awad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rabea-abo-awad Ad-Free
11th March 2013, 04:28 PM |#6  

More
Is not working for me.
IS NOT WORKING FOR ME!! I DON'T KNOW WHY help me!!
12th March 2013, 06:24 AM |#7  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I also experienced this and i found out that the culprit is my data cable. the computer recognized my phone when i used the cable of my friend
The Following User Says Thank You to iamspikee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamspikee Ad-Free
1st May 2013, 03:55 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
no joy
Quote:
Originally Posted by soraxd

so yeah.. im on Lite-ing rom 2.6.. i came from a 2.3.6 rom, used odin to flash, everything went fine. i went to update to liteing rom 2.7 and went into download mode, but when i go into download mode and connect my phone, i get USB Device Not Recognized .. it doesnt happen when my phone is turned on and connected, everything works fine, no issues. its only when im in Download Mode that i have this problem..

SOOO trying to be smart i plugged my phone in, it connected COM3 appeared, i rebooted phone into download mode, and flashed my rom.. it goes half way and then that USB Device Not Recognized popped up.. so now my phone is bricked i swear.. i cant even get into Recovery Mode, and Download Mode is useless..

what ive tried so far:
3 different computers (all running W7)
all USB ports on all computers
Installing, Uninstalling, Wiping all Kies data, lots of restarting
tried 4 USB cables

ive been at this for HOURS.. someone please help me.. im so far in over my head here and im afraid my phone is gonna be gone for good

*note: i had both SIM and MicroSD card removed thru all of this
SOLVEDDD

i did it omg.. well i hope someone in the future can look at this and maybe get some help.. heres what i did:

so i opened up odin3, plugged the USB into the computer (but not phone yet), restarted Download Mode (yes this actually makes a difference) and plugged the micro end into the phone, and look what popped up!
but aww it went to remove immediately ..
so i unplug micro end from phone, pop battery and re enter Download Mode, then plug in again,
ahh it did it again.. lets try again (btw simply unplugging and replugging didnt trigger this effect, i had to restart Download Mode each time). so then this time i got THISS

yay it didnt remove itself, held breath, moved slowly, clicked Start and phew it worked.. i thought it was all over for me.. anyways i hope someone will search this up one day and itll offer some help.

i have still had no joy
26th May 2014, 10:56 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thumbs up
Pluging the micro-USB cable just before hitting the Vol.Up button did the trick for me too.

Thanks a lot !

(tried on Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus GT-S5301)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr.death7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mr.death7 Ad-Free
24th August 2014, 03:00 PM |#10  

More
Thumbs up USB Device Not Recognized in Download Mode [SOLVED]
Really helped me a lot !!!! Thank u so much !!!!
1st September 2014, 03:24 PM |#11  

More
I found that using RAMDUMP Mode instead of Download Mode forces the phone to be detected by Odin.. Samsung Galaxy S Plus here...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)