Swap Internal/External storages on 4.4 Kitkat

Search This thread

kereth

Oct 2, 2014
Happy to hear that!
To make usage easier You can now use $cripter - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sites.mjwhitta.scripter&hl=en .
It's the best I found.

I've just edited previous post with information how to mount specific folder - like 'obb'.
Hope You like it.

Last edited:

Sykul

Sep 5, 2015
I try to swap internal storage with SD card in my KK 4.4.2. It is not Galaxy, but I think i does not matter ;)
I try rebuild boot.img but I do not now what exactly should i change.

There are 3 files in system: fstab, fstab.nand, fstab.fat.nand
All look the same:
/devices/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host auto vfat defaults voldmanaged=sdcard0:emmc@fat,noemulatedsd
/devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host auto vfat defaults voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto
/devices/platform/mt_usb auto vfat defaults voldmanaged=usbotg:auto

I tried to replace "emmc@fat,noemulatedsd" with "auto" but it does not work :(

How should I edit them?

Last edited:

chinittoh

Jul 22, 2013
Help!

I tried modifying, the kernel from CM11, changed sdcard0 to sdcard1 and vice versa in fstab.***

And repacked it, and flashed it, and....BINGO!!!! it worked!!!

nice to hear you did it..maybe you can help my boot.img to swap internal storage to sdcard0 and extsdcard to sdcard1..been dearching for ways how to do it but it only works in linux pc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Still no "real" solution. but pretty convenient for me.
    @fusionjack integrated swap option in the rom i was using which is slimsaber, so now i have swap :)

unfortunately, its only for this rom unless other rom makers incorporate it as well
    There is real solution! Or at least it works for me.
    biopsin said:
    Since Android 4.2 and the intro of multiusers there is a problem with bind folders across sdcards, making any attempt on mount bind folders as root would result in visible to root only.
    Solution is to fool Android with temporary hijack debuggerd to create the mount binds for us. Thanks Chainfire for this workaround!

* Download both files and rename without .txt
    * edit debuggerd.mnt to suit your needs (using any other dir then /emulated/legacy/ will result in read only if browsing folders from sdcard0)
    * move debuggerd.mnt to /system/bin
    * move mount.sh to any place with execute permissions
    * execute mount.sh with any preferred method.

cheers!
    Quoted from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2718760.
    Thank You biopsin! Thank You Chainfire!

I'm including my files, but 'mount.sh' was not really changed in practical sense.
    In case of 'debugger.mnt' it all depends on Your device. You need to check which block for You is internal and which external storage. Just 'mount' command should help.

You can also use it to mount only one folder - like 'obb', which will let You keep applications data on external card.
    Just use "mount -o bind /storage/sdcard1/Android /obb /storage/sdcard0/Android/obb" command in debuggerd.mnt file.
    You can also have different 'debuggerd.mnt' files (of course called somehow different - like 'debuggerd02.mnt') and different 'mount.sh' files which will let You mount different things whenever You like.

Enjoy!
    -----

And for easier usage You can try $cripter - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sites.mjwhitta.scripter&hl=en .
    It's the best I found.
    No Luck So Far

Been working for hours trying to figure this one out. Things to note is that now there are two mount points.

1) /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1 / sdcard0 (this has the actual /dev/block/vold/179:1 origin
    2) /dev/fuse /storage/sdcard1 / sdcard 0

I've been unsuccessful trying any of the old build.prop tweaks. Hopefully someone smarter will come along and bang this one out.:(
    I've asked the compiler of the NeatKernel if he would fork it and swap out the sdcards in fstab.aries, but have yet to receive a reply....

Perhaps if you two went and posted the same, it might motivate him to do so.
    I tried modifying, the kernel from CM11, changed sdcard0 to sdcard1 and vice versa in fstab.***

And repacked it, and flashed it, and....BINGO!!!! it worked!!!