Samsung SII i9100T CM12.1 error (keyboard FC and after sometimes OS full reboots

Search This thread

KiranP23

Jul 28, 2012
I was using stock ROM with root i followed the following procedure to install 12.1 nighties but after installing OS keyboard keep on FC's and OS reboots

i am using i9100T version of S2

I'm assuming you have stock unrooted firmware? The easiest way is to install philz kernel from stock(3e) recovery, then reboot to recovery and flash a newer recovery that is capable of flashing the newer versions of android. If you just want to install CM12.1 straight away just back up your efs then:
1. Download the DVLSH kernel .zip from HERE
2. Download the philz 6.48.4 from HERE
3. Reboot into stock recovery, flash the DVLSH kernel(if your firmware build is DVL**, you could probably reboot into system no problem)
4. Reboot to recovery(not system), flash the philz 6.48.4
5. Reboot to recovery(not system), follow the steps for installing in the CM12.1 thread after backing up etc

Keep the DVLSH kernel. Once you install CM, you will have CM recovery, which only allows you to flash signed .zips(which this one is)
EDIT - The philz 6.48.4 is also signed and is probably the more useful one to keep, being compatible with the newer roms

Currenlty my phone is without OS , kindly provide a way to Fix this issue or kindly provide me link to goback to STABLE stock version

Phone i9100T

N

noppy22

I was using stock ROM with root i followed the following procedure to install 12.1 nighties but after installing OS keyboard keep on FC's and OS reboots

i am using i9100T version of S2

Currenlty my phone is without OS , kindly provide a way to Fix this issue or kindly provide me link to goback to STABLE stock version

Phone i9100T
You could try doing a full wipe and installing again. Try installing the rom, reboot to system, then let the system settle for a few minutes, then going back to recovery and install gapps.
Which gapps did you use? I would try the pico gapps from
The alternatives are:
1. You could download the stock rom for your region from sammobile.com or one of the other websites that provide stock roms, then install with odin
2. You could read up on some of the older custom kitkat or jellybean roms that are more stable and try those.
[url]http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives

A couple that come to mind are Slimsaber 4.4.4 by Fusionjack and the latest unofficial CM11 by Lanchon
FYI if your priority is stability, it's probably best to steer clear of lollipop roms atm. They all have their issues

KiranP23

Jul 28, 2012
You could try doing a full wipe and installing again. Try installing the rom, reboot to system, then let the system settle for a few minutes, then going back to recovery and install gapps.
Which gapps did you use? I would try the pico gapps from
The alternatives are:
1. You could download the stock rom for your region from sammobile.com or one of the other websites that provide stock roms, then install with odin
2. You could read up on some of the older custom kitkat or jellybean roms that are more stable and try those.
[url]http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives

A couple that come to mind are Slimsaber 4.4.4 by Fusionjack and the latest unofficial CM11 by Lanchon
FYI if your priority is stability, it's probably best to steer clear of lollipop roms atm. They all have their issues

Keyboard FC happened even when i didnt flash gapps , i did try clean flash multiple times , still same, ok downloading slimsaber Rom and kernel

to flash this slim rom

i first flash a recovery using ODIN then From CM recovery i flash slim kernel.zip ? then reboot then flash Slimsaber ROM ?

N

noppy22

Keyboard FC happened even when i didnt flash gapps , i did try clean flash multiple times , still same, ok downloading slimsaber Rom and kernel

to flash this slim rom

i first flash a recovery using ODIN then From CM recovery i flash slim kernel.zip ? then reboot then flash Slimsaber ROM ?

All you need to do is
1. Flash either of the philz kernels
2. Turn phone off and reboot to recovery
3. Full wipe, flash slimsaber(and 4.4.x gapps if you want)
4. Reboot to system

You don't need the slim kernel