Guide/tutorial Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 factory reset - how to install a stock ROM

Search This thread

Nobby1960

Jun 3, 2016
Freiburg
There are many reasons to reset the S2 to the factory state - if all else failes. An example: The custom ROM does not want to run, you say after many desperate tries: Damn, now I give up!

A factory reset is easy. All you need for this is in the attachment (except the latest stock ROM, which is much too large for an upload here). It's available on SamMobile for your country, you only have to register, it's for free. Now first charge your battery to 100%.

Hint: The Pit files must be unzipped!

1. Install on your Windows PC the Samsung drivers. These are important that your PC will recognize the phone.

2. Unzip Odin to any folder on your PC (ex: Odin)

3. Put your S2 into the download mode (press the buttons home, power and volume down at the same time).

4. Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable and start Odin as an administrator (important!).

5. Load the one-part stock ROM in Odin into PDA, the stock 2GB Pit file into PIT. Now hit the start button and the flash goes on.

6. Wait until the blue bar on the phone screen has gone through and the green display PASS! appears in Odin. It takes a few minutes, be patient. CAUTION: Don't disconnect or turn off your phone, until the flash is finished. Otherwise you risk a brick!

7. Welcome back to stock ROM! If you don't want to flash a custom ROM, you can stop reading here.

So now we want to flash the custom ROM. This needs more space, the phone must to be repartitioned.

1. Go through steps 1-6 above, but load the Pit file 1GB_6GB into Odin instead of stock 2GB Pit.

2. After the stock ROM is running, turn your phone off and put it into download mode.

3. Start Odin and load the TWRP recovery in PDA, press the start button. Wait until recovery is started.

4. In recovery, go to Wipe/Extended Wipe. Choose from: Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, Data and wipe it all.

5. Copy the custom ROM (perhaps a SU to have root access) and Google Apps (GApps) from your PC to the internal SD card (eMMC).

6. Go to Install in recovery, select the ROM and then the GApps, perhaps it is a separate SU needed to install to have root access later. Is everything installed, wipe the cache/dalvik cache and reboot the system. It takes several minutes, best drink a cup of coffee.

7. Welcome to the custom ROM setup!

Attachments

• SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_1.5.49.0.zip
    15.7 MB · Views: 888
  • I9100_2GB-STOCK.zip
    488 bytes · Views: 1,998
  • I91001GB_6GB.zip
    482 bytes · Views: 1,256
  • stock_kernel_twrp_1120-signed-for_Odin.tar
    6.4 MB · Views: 1,622
  • Odin185.zip
    198.5 KB · Views: 1,087
Last edited:

sajjads24

Dec 12, 2014
Shushtar
There are many reasons to reset the S2 to the factory state - if all else failes. An example: The custom ROM does not want to run, you say after many desperate tries: Damn, now I give up!

A factory reset is easy. All you need for this is in the attachment (except the latest stock ROM, which is much too large for an upload here). It's available on SamMobile for your country, you only have to register, it's for free. Now first charge your battery to 100%.

1. Install on your Windows PC the Samsung drivers. These are important that your PC will recognize the phone.

3. Put your S2 into the download mode (press the buttons home, power and volume down at the same time).

4. Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable and start Odin as an administrator (important!).

5. Load the one-part stock ROM in Odin into PDA, the stock 2GB Pit file into PIT. Now hit the start button and the flash goes on.

6. Wait until the blue bar on the phone screen has gone through and the green display PASS! appears in Odin. It takes a few minutes, be patient. CAUTION: Don't disconnect or turn off your phone, until the flash is finished. Otherwise you risk a brick!

7. Welcome back to stock ROM! If you don't want to flash a custom ROM, you can stop reading here.

So now we want to flash the custom ROM. This needs more space, the phone must to be repartitioned.

1. Go through steps 1-6 above, but load the Pit file 1GB_6GB into Odin instead of stock 2GB Pit.

2. After the stock ROM is running, turn your phone off and put it into download mode.

3. Start Odin and load the TWRP recovery in PDA, press the start button. Wait until recovery is started.

4. In recovery, go to Wipe/Extended Wipe. Choose from: Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, Data and wipe it all.

5. Copy the custom ROM (perhaps a SU to have root access) and Google Apps (GApps) from your PC to the internal SD card (eMMC).

6. Go to Install in recovery, select the ROM and then the GApps, perhaps it is a separate SU needed to install to have root access later. Is everything installed, wipe the cache/dalvik cache and reboot the system. It takes several minutes, best drink a cup of coffee.

i am install custom rom lineage 14.1.
now i can't install stock rom odin hang up on set partion !?
Untitled1.jpg

suequita

Aug 8, 2016
My W10 doesn't recognize my phone

My Windows 10 does not recognize my phone, even if I have the drivers installed so I am stuck in step 4.
Please, help!

Solved! Just tried another port and it worked.

---------- Post added 17th March 2019 at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was 16th March 2019 at 11:27 PM ----------

Excellent! Followed the instructions to the letter and it worked!:victory:

Now I will try to flash an updated custom ROM. :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i am install custom rom lineage 14.1.
    now i can't install stock rom odin hang up on set partion !?
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74149992&postcount=305