[Q] APN Backup/Restore on ICS

Search This thread

Slayer__4

Sep 17, 2011
Why does every new android release have to take away freedom and feel less and less 'open'?

In any case, I just flashed the experimental CM9 and I was greeted with an inability to restore my APNs from my usual app (APN Backup & Restore from Ritesh Sahu) because apps are no longer allowed to modify APN files on 4.0.

I would like to know what the simplest way to backup and restore my APNs is in this situation. Is there some simple way to create a flashable ZIP or something similar to restore them with?

digi_fort

Aug 4, 2011
New Delhi
I usually don't backup and restore my APNs just hit reset to default and they are restored ....... i believe you've tried that if not give it a shot ;)

Slayer__4

Sep 17, 2011
Yeah I've tried that, I need to backup and restore because I'm on a relatively small Canadian carrier (sasktel).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Slayer__4

Sep 17, 2011
Well I have only one APN in the settings and I did copy it, works fine and gets data. But when I back up using that app it says it backs up 2000 something APNs and my carrier on my phone actually shows up upon restore, unlike now when it's just 6 digits.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

wolvereene

Jun 1, 2010
I would also like to restore my APN's instead of always typing them in when changing Roms.
How can I create a script, overwrite a sys-file or elselike to prevent me from reytyping apn's, when they aren't implemtented in let's say a custom rom ?

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
You can use HiApn on market to restore your apn that you backed up from another rom.
However for it to work on ICS you need to make it a system app. You can do so in TiBu options.
Works for me no problem.
The app can also set some automatic ones based on your carrier which worked for me but looked a little different than the ones on my other phones.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RwDwG

hotbullet

Sep 3, 2008
You can use HiApn on market to restore your apn that you backed up from another rom.
However for it to work on ICS you need to make it a system app. You can do so in TiBu options.
Works for me no problem.
The app can also set some automatic ones based on your carrier which worked for me but looked a little different than the ones on my other phones.

What is TiBu

Tickie

Nov 9, 2010
Lake Havasu City
Works for me no problem.

A simple App to backup and restore APNs (Settings to connect to the internet with the mobile connection). The backup is stored in the /sdcard/APNBackupRestore folder.

NOTE: Starting with Android 4.0/ICS, 3rd Party apps don't have access to write APN settings, hence this app no longer works for restoring APN backups. Some users have reported that it can be used on ICS if its set to run as a System app (using Titanium for example):(

Z51

Nov 28, 2006
oh and I manually edited my APN's and I took a screenshot of them. so its saved as an image file just in case I flash another rom :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have a Nandroid backup you could restore that, then write down your APN and save it some where.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    Works for me no problem.