FORUMS

Old Bootloader and New Bootloader

119 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By warrez, Senior Member on 16th November 2011, 10:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
ok so i wanted to reset the counter using usb jig.. but i went and updated via kies to KI8.. so i went to HERE and downloaded old bootloader the package one..

Quote:

All packages below this point have the old bootloader so you can safely reset the binary counter with a Jig.

If you've already flashed a full package from elsewhere or updated using KIES and cannot reset your binary counter using the Jig just flash this package in the PDA or Bootloader section of Odin to replace the bootloaders and then you can reset the counter: http://www.multiupload.com/LQQBRQVJUD

Here are the new bootloader tarball if you want to flash them back after resetting your binary counter: http://www.multiupload.com/5LNOCL7KPV

and went using the latest odin which is 1.85 and flashed old bootloader into my SGS2 via PDA option and it seemed abit slower than the "original/new" bootloader

so question is:
does new bootloader boot faster than the old one?
16th November 2011, 11:09 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Am not sure if there is any difference between the bootloaders but I flashed the newer one after wiping the binary counter just to be sure
The Following User Says Thank You to kersey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kersey Ad-Free
16th November 2011, 11:26 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

More
one more question.. i have official rom with old bootloader if i flash in speedmod will it mess up with bootloader at all? do i need to flash old bootloader back or will it just flash kernel?
mudferret
16th November 2011, 11:32 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrez

one more question.. i have official rom with old bootloader if i flash in speedmod will it mess up with bootloader at all? do i need to flash old bootloader back or will it just flash kernel?

Just flash the kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)