DBT changing to XEU (Can't access to '/system/csc/XEU/system/')

Search This thread

rassnik

Feb 19, 2011
hi,
after messing around with some ROMs (rooted stock ROMs, Cognition, Villain) i had weird battery drain problems (only in standby).
im now back on stock KE2 DBT unrooted and everything is like in the beginning.

but im asking me why i had so many problems, when others do not.

one thing that all ROMs had in common is the fact that these are XEU ROMs, but my device is originally DBT (german). i think thats why i noticed this "error log" everytime i flashed a XEU based ROM.

Can't access to '/system/csc/XEU/system/'

9100.jpg

im sure that this did not show up when i flashed the original stock ROM back to the device.

can anybody explain A) what this error means and B) if this could cause any problems and maybe C) how i can flash ROMs without it?

any help is highly appreciated.

thanks,
ras

redbullman

Dec 15, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Watch
Hi there.

This is normal. It always states can't access /system/csc/XEU/system/. However under this line, it should then state successfully applied /system/csc/XEU/system/ - or something similar. I've always had this and after speaking to others on xda, it seems this is standard behaviour. Just make sure it says applied CSC after the can't access line.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

d3l1

Nov 18, 2009
changing the CSC from DBT to XEU will cause a factory reset right? Just to be sure, is My Backup Pro able to backup all my necessary things even though my phone is not rooted so I can change my CSC or will I still lose some settings/stuff to the factory reset?

rassnik

Feb 19, 2011
Hi there.

This is normal. It always states can't access /system/csc/XEU/system/. However under this line, it should then state successfully applied /system/csc/XEU/system/ - or something similar. I've always had this and after speaking to others on xda, it seems this is standard behaviour. Just make sure it says applied CSC after the can't access line.

Thanks.
But it didnt happen while flashing the stock DBT. Normal means it happens to original XEU phones as well?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

redbullman

Dec 15, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Watch
Thanks.
But it didnt happen while flashing the stock DBT. Normal means it happens to original XEU phones as well?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I disussed this with Intratech (who created all the cscs on xda for galaxy s2. He confirmed this is normal. My phone was t mobile branded (tmu csc). I flashed ke7 stock xeu and reset in recovery. Recovery immediately stated can't access xeu, followed by successfully applied xeu. Intratech confirmed it does this because Samsung messed up the csc coding for galaxy s2.

I can only confirm this is normal behavior for debranding to xeu. Although I did rebrand back to t mobile csc and it still stated can't access tmu, followed by successfully applied tmu.

Based upon this, it most be normal for all cscs.

tivanh

Nov 1, 2009
I disussed this with Intratech (who created all the cscs on xda for galaxy s2. He confirmed this is normal. My phone was t mobile branded (tmu csc). I flashed ke7 stock xeu and reset in recovery. Recovery immediately stated can't access xeu, followed by successfully applied xeu. Intratech confirmed it does this because Samsung messed up the csc coding for galaxy s2.

I can only confirm this is normal behavior for debranding to xeu. Although I did rebrand back to t mobile csc and it still stated can't access tmu, followed by successfully applied tmu.

Based upon this, it most be normal for all cscs.

Garbage this is normal. mine says cant access system/csc/tel..... its one thing to be egotistic and say for certain its normal and another to be honest and say more research needed. alot of people are getting mulitcsc.... after this line which means even after full flash remnants of original flash still there. i have full flashed many times and still get csc/tel line which is a telstra operater thing so atm imo there is no full root access or full flash proceedure. dont call it a samsung error.

Ghostbustersin

Dec 31, 2010
Garbage this is normal. mine says cant access system/csc/tel..... its one thing to be egotistic and say for certain its normal and another to be honest and say more research needed. alot of people are getting mulitcsc.... after this line which means even after full flash remnants of original flash still there. i have full flashed many times and still get csc/tel line which is a telstra operater thing so atm imo there is no full root access or full flash proceedure. dont call it a samsung error.

I agree, Samsung has somehow hardcoded the CSC files. SGS2 gets only debranded once and then the access to system/CSC is locked. Changing files manually using Root Explorer doesn't help.
So the user will always get this error no matter what CSC they try to apply to their SGS2, their SGS2 is now locked in whatever CSC they first de-branded to!

I'm looking into this and will update you, if i find a solution. :)

P.S.
I don't think flashing the original official firmware will remove the de-branding to original. Let me know if it does for you, for me flashing the original firmware still can't access the CSC files and Kies still shows mine sgs2 is de-branded.

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
I agree, Samsung has somehow hardcoded the CSC files. SGS2 gets only debranded once and then the access to system/CSC is locked. Changing files manually using Root Explorer doesn't help.
So the user will always get this error no matter what CSC they try to apply to their SGS2, their SGS2 is now locked in whatever CSC they first de-branded to!

I'm looking into this and will update you, if i find a solution. :)

P.S.
I don't think flashing the original official firmware will remove the de-branding to original. Let me know if it does for you, for me flashing the original firmware still can't access the CSC files and Kies still shows mine sgs2 is de-branded.

CSC files are not hardcoded or locked and can be replaced in a rom either at the custom rom stage or via root explorer once installed .
They are just a few text files and one xml file .

Flashing a full stock rom wipes the phone with new modem new CSC files .

I can flash branded O2 rom now it will have O2 CSC

Flash with a India rom it will have India CSC replace India CSC with CSC any other area . It will then have that CSC not O2 .

jje

Last edited:

Ghostbustersin

Dec 31, 2010
CSC files are not hardcoded or locked and can be replaced in a rom either at the custom rom stage or via root explorer once installed .
They are just a few text files and one xml file .

Flashing a full stock rom wipes the phone with new modem new CSC files .

I can flash branded O2 rom now it will have O2 CSC

Flash with a India rom it will have India CSC replace India CSC with CSC any other area . It will then have that CSC not O2 .

jje

You are partially right! Yes they are not hardcoded or locked, they just can't be replaced with recovery i guess, for you are seeing the error as OP posted. ( I guess it depends on the ROM Install script, some install the CSC correctly and some can't as you once got to de-brand the CSC though recovery only! ) Installing another rom will just put the CSC files and folder for that region in /system/CSC/.. but the CSC will remain whatever you first de-branded to! ( As the error shows! ). I got the solution though, and it's fairly easy as well.

Will post the solution in an hour, when i complete the full instructions! :)

What i don't understand is, why installing the official firmware through ODIN also doens't replace the CSC and get the same error as OP posted! :/

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Official stock replaces CSC i have done it enough times .
Custom rom CSC files can be deleted and replacement used . I have Cognition custom rom i delete CSC stuff and replace with my original CSC files before install .
Or i open System files on the phone delete CSC files and copy and paste original CSC files to System .

On about fifty various installs i always end up with the CSC file i have on my PC since first release of SGS2 .

CSC LOCATION

System /CSC folder
and
System /root
CSC files text
CSC version text
SW_ Configuration XML

jje

Last edited:

lolek74

Sep 10, 2007
Melbourne
The other way to fix it is to flash multi csc and then *#272*................# and change it to somethimg else. After all done do *#272*................# again and change back to the one you need. The only problem is that if you flash the ROM only with one csc.

Last edited:

atifsh

Sep 24, 2009
Islamabad
i never think about csc, doesnt matter for me, i never had to enter apn's as for me they were always there no matter what ROM i use.
hell once i messed csc so much that they didnt show in *#1234# yet my phone was working just fine.

R3d_Wolf

Dec 11, 2011
Hy there, i have a csc prob. too, i've'd played a little with the rom and now i cant install the correct csc, what can i do to install the right one ?
P.S. Now i'v manage to "install" oro csc (what i need).
In the phone inputing *#272* IMEI ... i get csc ORO, but i still cant use kies on my pc. It keeps telling me that my device does not support upgrading via kies, and the last part from my current firmware version in kies its : XEU

So pls help.

Last edited:

freams

Apr 5, 2012
Hi There,

I having the same problem too, but i manage to remove the Can't access to '/system/csc/XEU/system/' error message and im able to connected via Kies without any problem.
All you need is to flash the additional kernel file on odin.
For me Im flash the Kernel file first on Odin, after that then only flash the firmware file.

380AU

Jul 9, 2011
What is the solution to this?

I'm trying to flash to the latest ICS LP8 firmware, and my phone does exactly this.

When it re-boots, it just reverts back to it's original firmware GB 2.3.6.

nilobrum

Jan 21, 2012
Porto Alegre
error...Can't access

MANUAL MODE

Updating aplication
successfully updated aplication

appling multi-csc
Installing multi-csc

Can't access to '/system/csc/ZT0/system/'.

successfully applied multi-csc

any solution??
there kernel. tar to kk3??
I would like to solve.
everything works including the kies ..
is to clear the warning?

atifsh

Sep 24, 2009
Islamabad
No easy way, wipe using the code, *2767*3855#
If that doesn't solve, flash the stock ROM again and do the code again or flash the csc only and do the code.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

tompob

Apr 27, 2012
Warsaw
MANUAL MODE

Updating aplication
successfully updated aplication

appling multi-csc
Installing multi-csc

Can't access to '/system/csc/ZT0/system/'.

successfully applied multi-csc

any solution??
there kernel. tar to kk3??
I would like to solve.
everything works including the kies ..
is to clear the warning?

have you found the fix?

alibaig1991

Oct 13, 2017
Received the final message /line saying "successfully applied multi-CSC" after the "can't access line". Now what next to do? Wait or any action to be done?

Hi there.