[Q] Galaxy S2 Earphone volume too low

Search This thread

Cabxxm

Jul 30, 2012
SOLUTION for low earphone volume

Hi guys....I have been searching on the internet for 5 days and I havent found a solution for low earphone volume on samsung galaxy s2!

My volume was fine and then one day it just became lower and lower...

I downloaded all applications for volume boost...NONE WORKED... but the solution (for me) was VERY EASY...

I JUST USED MY TOOTHBRUSH AND CLEANED THE EARPHONE HOLES!

Now my volume is normal again...

Hope I helped someone who has the same problem and saved you from all the stress I've been through!

CabXXm

andre2lion

Oct 28, 2012
Low volume Galaxy S2 with original Headset

I think I have a perfect solution and explanation for low headset volume with original Samsung Galaxy S2 headphones.
At first I entered in to service mode and set the volume setting. I got so far that I had to do the hard reset back to factory settings and I had to load all my applications again.
As my father used to say” all good things are simple” that how is my solution to this problem and you will be amazed.
First of all the amplifier in galaxy S2 has high impedance (32 ohm) so headphones have to be 32 ohm (in case you would like to by a new pair).
But if you have an issue with original headphones, here is the explanation and the solution:
Take of the rubber parts from the earphones. If you have a close look you will notice that the chromium-plated parts are being peeled. These small particles are then attracted by earphones magnet into the exit hole of headphones. There is a net in the exit that catches this small chromium parts and block the exit.
Solution:
1 First brush of (use something sharp) all the chromium-plated parts to the plastic surface.
2 Remove the round net in the headphone exit (use tooth peek). It will come of easily. Use cotton stick that you use for cleaning ears and clean the exit headphones hole.
3 Plug in you head phones and you’ll be amazed.

Hope you’ll find this helpful 

vedchi

Jan 21, 2012
Anybody who have installed Voodoo Louder on SGS2 with ICS?
I'm using Volume+ and the last update is doing strange level changes.
After any beep sound louds and after fades slowly until the next beep...

FrutasX

Feb 28, 2012
Hello

In my Phone the áudio option is Block to.

Solution...?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

pika456

Nov 21, 2011
tried to edit the values of Volume.db for BT

all BT volumes max at 100 which seems to be the maximum
I put more volumes to them (105,110) but no change.
even the 16 steps remained 16

the problem is low in-call volume from BT

for the other guys that need volume for mini jack
in older days voodoo louder was a solution
but with direct-volume-control from poweramp only st-tweaks amplification works
because voodoo-louder seems to disable DVC reducing volume

Last edited:

ErnestoD

Apr 10, 2010
Montevideo
Damm Im am in a similar situation as you guys are.
Headphone volume was perfect until yesterday when I connect my S2 to ax external speakers, everything fine but today a notices a los volume but in only 1 headphone speaker.
So I tried other headphones but with same resoults; after that I plug to the external speakers again but, after that I used the headphones and rigth now volume is almost cero.
SO: volume with external speakers partially work (not as loud as before)
volume with headphones is almost cero (al maximun)

I´ve flashed a stock JB rom but problem remains

Im affraid Im in front to a hardware issu

Some suggestions for me ??

Thanks

mido715

Nov 5, 2009
Damm Im am in a similar situation as you guys are.
Headphone volume was perfect until yesterday when I connect my S2 to ax external speakers, everything fine but today a notices a los volume but in only 1 headphone speaker.
So I tried other headphones but with same resoults; after that I plug to the external speakers again but, after that I used the headphones and rigth now volume is almost cero.
SO: volume with external speakers partially work (not as loud as before)
volume with headphones is almost cero (al maximun)

I´ve flashed a stock JB rom but problem remains

Im affraid Im in front to a hardware issu

Some suggestions for me ??

Thanks

Me 2

vc3181

Sep 22, 2010
sabah, sandakan
this problem is not only a headset problem, its a over all volume issue (most importantly handset) I have that problem too, here is three possible solutions that worked for me, and "MIGHT" work for you.

Give these a try and be sure to give a feedback whether it works for you or not:

A) Enter service mode by typing below code on your dialer :
*#*#197328640#*#*
click the following:
[5] AUDIO
[1] NB (VOICE CALL)
Choose Handset, headset, Speaker (which ever you want higher volume)
[1] VOLUME
[1] SRC Speech RX Volume
Change default values and higher the values any number of your choosing, here is an example:
[0]0_lvl : 68
[1]1_lvl : 72
[2]2_lvl : 76
[3]3_lvl : 80
[4]4_lvl : 84
[5]5_lvl : 88 Higher these values to until hear volume improvement.

Can also edit the values from:
[2]DST I2S1 TX Volume
[3]SRC I2S1 RX Volume: 100
[4]DST Speech TX Volume: 94

This is Samsung volume setting, worked for several people but sadly only worked 2 times for me and values keep resetting for me (doesn't mean for you, so give it a try) Also this is based on STOCK firmware.

B) the second thing you might to try is app called Volume+:
http://androidaudiohacks.com/home/vo...bread/download
This app guarantees it higher the volume without the need of touching its default settings, BUT huge drawback it highers everything: Headset, speaker and Bluetooth EXCEPT HANDSET which is the most important :(
(I also downloaded many volume increase apps, but Volume+ was the only one got the job done for everything but handset)

C) Lastly get GOOGLE VOICE app (create a GV account if you don't have one)
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.apps.googlevoice&feature=search_result
just by installing Google and logging on, every time you make a call, your calls get forwarded through Google voice and volume levels become acceptable in ALL HANDSET, HEADSET, SPEAKER, BLUETOOTH (just like phone should of have been) (this what i personally use fix my volume issues)

Hope one of these work for you.

hi mate, can i ask a question? i can enter the code into the service manual but why i can't select the [5] AUDIO option, when i select it like nothing? pls help because i need to change volume value. thank you. my rom is neat rom v4.7, apollo kernel 4.7.

Roman5

Jul 24, 2007
London UK
Same here as vc3181. When I click on [5] AUDIO it does nothing, neither did it on ICS. But it used to work on Gingerbread.

What's the solution? Because overall volume of music, sat nav, etc is slightly quieter than it used to be.

stlior

Jun 3, 2013
The solution is here!

Same here as vc3181. When I click on [5] AUDIO it does nothing, neither did it on ICS. But it used to work on Gingerbread.

What's the solution? Because overall volume of music, sat nav, etc is slightly quieter than it used to be.

So here's my contribution to the community:

First, two facts:

1) Audio menu is dependent on MODEM version (not kernel or android version)

2) (Almost) any modem version can work with any kernel or android version

Thus, the solution is to install a Gingerbeard modem (for example KE4). I did it yesterday, reception is the same and the audio menu reappeared!

Tested it today - talked using my headset (at volume of 100) and it worked like a charm :)

Enjoy!!!

Lior

jimmister

Dec 5, 2011
hey guys. my sg2 has jb 4.1.2 EUR but the call sound is so low.. and in the *#197328640# menu when i press 5 it returns me in the main menu like i've never pressed 5.. can anyone help me? thanx in advance !

Last edited:

Emexrulsier

Oct 27, 2008
Do we know if anyone has hacked the stock modem from the latest release to re-enable the blocked option. I use the headphone socket to connect to a x-mini speaker and since JB release the output is much lower meaning I can't hear netflix when the washing machine is on :D

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
OK....I've just started using an app that offers some really noticeable tone improvement tweaks......but it also offers some volume boost as well.....it has settings for headset, speaker and Bluetooth.......
It's called Viper4Android and it's available right here on XDA.....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Pratik_

Oct 19, 2013
Baroda
Cannot enter service mode. pls help.

*#*#197328640#*#*
click the following:
[5] AUDIO
[1] NB (VOICE CALL)
[1] VOLUME
[1] SRC Speech RX Volume
Change default values and higher the values any number of your choosing, here is an example:

[2]DST I2S1 TX Volume

This is Samsung volume setting, worked for several people but sadly only worked 2 times for me and values keep resetting for me (doesn't mean for you, so give it a try) Also this is based on STOCK firmware.

Hi,

I am not able to enter the service mode by typing the above mentioned code.
Please help.
I am from India and using my Samsung Galaxy S2.
Its not rooted.
Please help me to get into the service mode, because i am also facing the problem of very low in-call headset volume while talking.

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this problem is not only a headset problem, its a over all volume issue (most importantly handset) I have that problem too, here is three possible solutions that worked for me, and "MIGHT" work for you.

Give these a try and be sure to give a feedback whether it works for you or not:

*#*#197328640#*#*
    click the following:
    [5] AUDIO
    [1] NB (VOICE CALL)
    [1] VOLUME
    [1] SRC Speech RX Volume

[2]DST I2S1 TX Volume

B) the second thing you might to try is app called Volume+:
    http://androidaudiohacks.com/home/vo...bread/download
    This app guarantees it higher the volume without the need of touching its default settings, BUT huge drawback it highers everything: Headset, speaker and Bluetooth EXCEPT HANDSET which is the most important :-(
    (I also downloaded many volume increase apps, but Volume+ was the only one got the job done for everything but handset)

C) Lastly get GOOGLE VOICE app (create a GV account if you don't have one)
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.apps.googlevoice&feature=search_result
    just by installing Google and logging on, every time you make a call, your calls get forwarded through Google voice and volume levels become acceptable in ALL HANDSET, HEADSET, SPEAKER, BLUETOOTH (just like phone should of have been) (this what i personally use fix my volume issues)

Hope one of these work for you.
    hi thanks for the suggestions!

i'm on KF1 and lightning rom (rooted). Volume+ didnt work for me.

i tried method A and it works!(for headset and speaker, sorry didnt try handset)
    No distortion at max. volume. Not sure if the settings will reset but I will monitor for a few days.

Below are my settings for reference:

Headset
    [0]0_lvl : 72
    [1]1_lvl : 76
    [2]2_lvl : 80
    [3]3_lvl : 84
    [4]4_lvl : 87
    [5]5_lvl : 92

Speaker
    [0]0_lvl : 77
    [1]1_lvl : 81
    [2]2_lvl : 84
    [3]3_lvl : 89
    [4]4_lvl : 92
    [5]5_lvl : 95
    *#197328640#

Sent from GT-I9100
    Same here...very low on phone calls and in the car using AUX - Any answers?
    If you install dorimanx kernel and use the stweaks app, you can boost the headphone output.