FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide/tutorial] Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 Any version to Android 7.1/LineageOS14.1

393 posts
Thanks Meter: 277

By djibe89, Senior Member on 15th January 2017, 03:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st January 2017, 12:24 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
good to have a full tutorial
21st January 2017, 01:23 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
Glad it pleases you. Hope your S2 is now fully unleashed
Any constructive comment is welcome to enhence the tutorial.
21st January 2017, 01:35 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djibe89

So you've wiped everything under stock recovery ? It needs to be done later once Philz touch is working !
So, we'll try flashing recovery in Download Mode (Home + Power + Volume-), use Odin to flash Philz Touch recovery in .tar format (in AP/PDA section of Odin).

1 - Download Philz Touch recovery in .tar format :
https://mega.nz/#F!oZ1QDDbC!Ko20UNhowwIlXLVFjJsyKw (it doesn't load for me right now)
+ Odin 3.07 (my pack for i9300) : http://bit.ly/2hqiWsP

2 - From my tutorial here, execute the 3rd chapter with Odin :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...i9300-t3491788
(do not flash TWRP inside my i9300 Archive)

3 - Once flash of Philz touch recovery is done, reboot to recovery and continue further steps.

Still doesn't work. It's stuck at " Nand Write Start!!"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	992
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	4011505  
21st January 2017, 03:28 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
Try Odin 1.3

or this "Tried to do a rollback from official 4.4.2 to official 4.1.2 via Odin.
Since the new official bootloader doesn't allow rollback procedures, I got the missing magic string error and the NAND write fail at Odin.
The tablet bricked, not even showing Samsung Note 10.1 logo. I could only access to ODIN mode, not recovery even. *YIKES*

After a day and a half trying to recover it, I removed the SIM card, the SD card and I loaded the Samsung Stock recovery file via ODIN, then rebooted. I got as far as the Samsung logo which was an improvement compared to what I had. Then I proceeded to reload the 4.4.2 firmware (INU-N8000XXUDNE6) and rebooted the device. Went into recovery mode, restored factory defailts and, voilá!

It is working now on 4.4.2, though it is not the Spanish firmware it shoud be, at least the tablet is functional. "
22nd January 2017, 02:40 PM |#15  

More
Hi.

Oh boy I was happy when I found this complete package with all files in a zip. All other places the files are missing or you "can't find them".
And oh boy I was unhappy when I couldn't install the first file.
My phone is a SGS2 Modelnumber GT-I9100 bought in Sweden a few mounth after the model was released.
So I guess the instructions on this page should work for me?
I've rooted my phone with CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip and verified with a root checking app from the store. Otherwise it's only updated to the latest Andorid 4.1.2 from Samsung. The phone is working fine with the installed Android version.
So when I choose to install "Philz_touch_6.48*.zip" the following is printed out:
################
PhilZ Touch Recovery
Full Touch CWM Based
+
Advanced Features
Phone i9100
################

This package is for 'galaxys2.i9100.GT-I9100.GT-
I9100M.GT-I9100P,GT-I9100T,SC-02C devices; this
is a ''.
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)

What am I doing wrong here? Have I missed doing something obvious? Do I need to install something more before I use your guide?
BR
Tobbe
22nd January 2017, 03:41 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Hello,
you are rooted.
So, in Android, what happens if you download the app ROM Manager : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tta.rommanager ,
grant Root access for the app,
Flash latest ClockworkMod Recovery for i9100,
reboot to recovery, reflash Philz Touch ?
23rd January 2017, 03:35 PM |#17  

More
Hi.

I tried to do that you wrote. Didn't seem to work with:
GT-I9100_JB_ClockworkMod-Recovery_6.0.2.9.tar
I downloaded Odin and flashed it instead. Now I got this yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in and phone didn't boot into Android.
Got very worried but I went into recovery mode and voila ClockworkMod was running
After that I followed your instruction. Up to "Format to F2FS". I got errors so I changed back to EXT4 and continued.
Installed CM13 with no problem and got very glad so I forgot step 6-8. Will do them in a few days.
Thank you very much for this guide and zip-archive.

It's actually my daughter who will get the updated phone. She is also very happy

BR
Tobbe

PS. One more thing, is it possible to get rid of the yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in? (only appears at atart up screen) DS.
23rd January 2017, 04:36 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member

More
Glad you did it.
It is strange how bugs can be different for everyone !
Triangle can be removed but it seems rather dangerous for a small benefit : https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...v3-26-t1494114
I have no courage to do it after all these tricky steps we wen't by !
See you,
24th January 2017, 12:15 PM |#19  

More
Thanks djibe. I wanted to flash to CM13 from stock rom, so your guide was really helpful.

I did run into two issues, and want to share how I got around them:
1. I got the "Status 7" problem when trying to flash Philz_touch_6.48*.zip. So instead I flashed the relevant ZIP file from "forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/philz-cwm6-stock-kernel-cwm6-root-exfat-t1877270" from stock recovery first. This installed a custom recovery. Then I flashed Philz_touch_6.48 from the custom recovery.

2. After formatting /cache and /data to F2FS, installing CM13 failed. So instead I kept /cache and /data as EXT4 and completed the installation according to the rest of the guide. After rebooting and completing the CM13 Android setup, I redid the installation from step 4 of your guide onwards and F2FS worked this time. I should mention though that before formatting /cache and /data to F2FS, I also repartitioned with a newer repit file from lanchon's github (and increased data to 4G), so I don't know if this had an effect as well.

Hopefully this helps others facing the same problems. I should warn though that this is my first time attempting absolutely anything like this, so please take all this with caution. Your mileage may vary!
24th January 2017, 02:31 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2andCounting

Thanks djibe. I wanted to flash to CM13 from stock rom, so your guide was really helpful.

I did run into two issues, and want to share how I got around them:
1. I got the "Status 7" problem when trying to flash Philz_touch_6.48*.zip. So instead I flashed the relevant ZIP file from "forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/philz-cwm6-stock-kernel-cwm6-root-exfat-t1877270" from stock recovery first. This installed a custom recovery. Then I flashed Philz_touch_6.48 from the custom recovery.

2. After formatting /cache and /data to F2FS, installing CM13 failed. So instead I kept /cache and /data as EXT4 and completed the installation according to the rest of the guide. After rebooting and completing the CM13 Android setup, I redid the installation from step 4 of your guide onwards and F2FS worked this time. I should mention though that before formatting /cache and /data to F2FS, I also repartitioned with a newer repit file from lanchon's github (and increased data to 4G), so I don't know if this had an effect as well.

Hopefully this helps others facing the same problems. I should warn though that this is my first time attempting absolutely anything like this, so please take all this with caution. Your mileage may vary!

Thank you very much for these tips that will surely help others.
Can you send me the direct link to the Philz recovery that was successful for you ?
I'm upgrading my tutorial with your stuff, and making it simpler with a new custom repit file.
Keep in touch
25th January 2017, 12:39 AM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djibe89

Thank you very much for these tips that will surely help others.
Can you send me the direct link to the Philz recovery that was successful for you ?
I'm upgrading my tutorial with your stuff, and making it simpler with a new custom repit file.
Keep in touch

Hi djibe, no problem.

The link is https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...exfat-t1877270

I forgot to add that I flashed the recovery from the above link first, then I flashed CWM 6.0.4.5 from another thread (can't remember the link) before flashing Philz_touch_6.48*.zip. I flashed CWM 6.0.4.5 because I thought I needed a KitKat-compatible recovery and I thought CWM 6.0.4.5 was one, but it softbricked my phone (only black screen after logo appeared, thankfully recovery worked allowing me to flash Philz_touch_6.48*.zip). IMO, don't think flashing CWM 6.0.4.5 helped at all, so I'm assuming flashing the recovery from the link above, and then flashing Philz_touch_6.48*.zip should be enough.

Sorry if there's any confusion. I was trying to get around the Status 7 problem and may have tried some random things.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i9100, i9100p, isorec, repit, tutorial

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)